Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackSheepShip

SOUTH PARK collaboration.

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,028 battles
2 hours ago, BlackSheepShip said:

Wargaming! We totally need a South Park collaboration. Who wouldn't want a Eric Cartman or a Kenny as a captain. Mkay!??

If you only knew some of the stuff Kenny got away with saying due to the mumbling...

I would love a real Kenny commander.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,842 posts
30,530 battles

Must have a Captain Cartman! 

RESPECT MY ATHOROTAH! 

Edited by Taylor3006

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,196 battles

I'm always wanted Peter Cullen(Optimus), Keanuu Reeves or Morgan Freeman to do a collab with WoWs but South Park is far more likely collab to happen than what I had in mind.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,772 battles
1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I'm always wanted Peter Cullen(Optimus), Keanuu Reeves or Morgan Freeman to do a collab with WoWs but South Park is far more likely collab to happen than what I had in mind.

But didn't we get an optimus commander from the transformers colab?

[THF41]
Members
433 posts
7,461 battles

I can think of one collaboration that I think a lot would enjoy.

Jon St. John already is in-game as the pirate mode captain's voice (as the promotion for talk like a pirate day). 

However, he is known for his most memorable character: Duke Nuckem.

A few years back during The Ring competition, a certain player included a few Duke Quotes in his Round 5 video and it got me to thinking........

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,196 battles
49 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

But didn't we get an optimus commander from the transformers colab?

Yes we did but that one was done by Jake Foushee not the legendary Peter Cullen.

[WPORT]
Members
20,653 posts
22,604 battles
10 hours ago, BlackSheepShip said:

SOUTH PARK collaboration.

By BlackSheepShip,

Wargaming! We totally need a South Park collaboration. Who wouldn't want a Eric Cartman or a Kenny as a captain. Mkay!??

Hilarious potential.

Don't know if WG/WOWs can afford to pay the actors & actresses for their voice-over work.  But it is fun to imagine the possibilities.  :-)

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,772 battles
7 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Yes we did but that one was done by Jake Foushee not the legendary Peter Cullen.

Ahhh. Sorry, I don't know much about that stuff. My bad. XD

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
110 posts
1,426 battles

Having watched now many of those "The _______ That Built America" episodes on the History Channel, it is surprising how many toy franchises (and their associated TV shows and movies) fall under the Hasbro name (that one was under "The Toys That Built America"... )

The "cartoon generation" of Transformers was before my time, but the current movies post-2000 stick with me. It would be an interesting approach to Hasbro for a re-collaboration to use the more modern voices from the movies, in addition to adding more robot commanders (like Hound voiced by John Goodman, or Bumblebee's voice being the dozens of radio and TV voice snippets he used to communicate).

That being said, the two geniuses behind South Park (Matt Stone and Trey Parker) would be more likely to poke fun at WG being a big corporation, than supporting a voice actor character collaboration.

It could make for an interesting South Park episode in itself, depicting a video game company seeking new voice actors, and the entire South Park cast trying to do impersonations, and those end up being in the actual game.... Unfortunately, not every culture whose population plays WoWs, would be as accepting to South Park's sense of humor. God forbid Terrance and Phillip were offered as an alternative commander pair for the Yukon.