You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

IFHE & Schlieffen Advice on Captains skills

3 comments in this topic

Members
135 posts
20,702 battles

Apparently I should really go with IFHE on my new Schlieffen. That said, I have never really used IFHE nor understand the penalty for using it that well. It mentions "without modifiers, you chance of causing a fire is reduced by half" if you choose it. Does that mean if I choose Pyro (I am assuming this is a modifier) along with IFHE, my chance of fire is NOT reduced? Or is that reduction across the board?

Pyro only adds an additional 1% to a ship that already has 27% - so I am thinking it doesn't make sense to choose Pyro--correct?

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
13 minutes ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

Apparently I should really go with IFHE on my new Schlieffen. That said, I have never really used IFHE nor understand the penalty for using it that well. It mentions "without modifiers, you chance of causing a fire is reduced by half" if you choose it. Does that mean if I choose Pyro (I am assuming this is a modifier) along with IFHE, my chance of fire is NOT reduced? Or is that reduction across the board?

The fire chance penalty for IFHE works on your base fire chance. IFHE reduces your fire chance by 50%, then any bonuses from Demolition Expert or signals are added to that value.

15 minutes ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

Pyro only adds an additional 1% to a ship that already has 27% - so I am thinking it doesn't make sense to choose Pyro--correct?

You’re thinking about this wrong. You take DE for the same reason you would take IFHE - to boost the performance of your secondaries. They also receive the bonuses and penalties from both skills.

[NOKAP]
Members
1,059 posts
25,582 battles
29 minutes ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

You take IFHE on the Schlieffen. It will allow it to Pen 32mm of armor. You'll do far more damage with that. The secondaries fire so fast that YOU WILL get fires also, even if the base is halved. 

Lutjens on the boat and you'll have a rainbow.

• Cool 1