You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wade_gaskins

New Maps

7 comments in this topic

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
253 posts
13,784 battles

Sorry. Delete this.

• Cool 1

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
253 posts
13,784 battles

Sorry. Delete this.

• Funny 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,936 posts

Shhhh still trying to ebb them into giving the old ops back . Wait a minute while they at least give us our beloved ops back then let em do what they want . I surely don't wanna pay for an already existing map/op.. Lol.

Edited by Versili

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
253 posts
13,784 battles

Sorry. Delete this.

[SALVO]
Members
28,044 posts
41,537 battles
4 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

New maps don't sell ships.  

I don't think that WG cares about selling ships per se.  They care about making money.  Selling ships makes money, of course.  But if they can sell other stuff, they will.  They could sell new campaigns.  They've done it in the past.  Selling campaigns is doable because campaigns are something that an individual can participate in.  But maps don't seem sellable because everyone in a battle would have to have bought the map to make it usable.  And that's something you can't guarantee.

Frankly, I think that it's very sad because new maps should be very attractive to the player base and encourage players to play more.  But WG is much too focused on monetization and overlooks the benefits of non-monetized items that would encourage players to play more, which should encourage players to want to spend more.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[T4NGO]
Members
47 posts
17,031 battles
On 1/25/2022 at 9:18 PM, Crucis said:

Frankly, I think that it's very sad because new maps should be very attractive to the player base and encourage players to play more.  But WG is much too focused on monetization and overlooks the benefits of non-monetized items that would encourage players to play more, which should encourage players to want to spend more.

I agree. They put too many resources into developing the underwater maps to sell the subs (sunken cost-benefit project). Now it's time to add new maps, and to allow the Ocean map to be used more often.