Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kavier_usa

Giuseppe Exhaust Smoke not concealing

9 comments in this topic

[2NDRB]
[2NDRB]
Members
14 posts
13,460 battles

I have had the issue with the Giuseppe when I try to use the Exhaust Smoke Generator , I am not concealed. I thought maybe the first few times, the ship might have been on fire or something. But upon further testing, it never seems to conceal the ship. Even with me not firing main guns or burning or being radared or hydro'ed.  I even slowed down but,  it no longer conceals the ship. It used to work but not any longer. 

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
57 minutes ago, kavier_usa said:

Even with me not firing main guns

That bloom lasts 20 seconds...

Other than potentially that we'd need a replay to tell what's up.

[2NDRB]
[2NDRB]
Members
14 posts
13,460 battles

i had fired within the last 20 seconds. But, I have seen the other Italian BBs fire and then disappear behind smoke.  As for a replay, I will try to find one.  

Thank you

P.S.   Ok, I played it  another map and specifically tried the after 20 second bloom count and I was concealed.  I still feel like it concealed me before this last update , even after firing but , I will adjust to the reality of how it is now.    Thank you all for your help

Edited by kavier_usa
new info

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles
4 minutes ago, kavier_usa said:

i had fired within the last 20 seconds. But, I have seen the other Italian BBs fire and then disappear behind smoke.

How far away were you from them when they smoked up and disappeared?

Firing in smoke has a smoke firing penalty. Anyone within that range will spot you. Anyone outside will not.

[2NDRB]
[2NDRB]
Members
14 posts
13,460 battles

Different ranges but ... I did not know that was how it worked.  Cool.  And it must have been the firing bloom count that was exposing me. I had tried to make sure I didn't fire when in the smoke , due to the 16.3k  range penalty  that it would expose me to. But, I didn't know the bloom timer worked against me on that too. I like that mechanism because it will keep the ship from being too OP.  

Thank you all for your help.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,772 battles
31 minutes ago, kavier_usa said:

Different ranges but ... I did not know that was how it worked.  Cool.  And it must have been the firing bloom count that was exposing me. I had tried to make sure I didn't fire when in the smoke , due to the 16.3k  range penalty  that it would expose me to. But, I didn't know the bloom timer worked against me on that too. I like that mechanism because it will keep the ship from being too OP.  

Thank you all for your help.

Yeah... exhaust smoke would have been so OP pre-smoke nerf. XD Used to work that there was no smoke bloom, only 2km assured spotting range or hydro/radar.

[CRF]
Members
1,598 posts
11,368 battles

Never have any luck with the crawling smoke - always detected, so either I use it too close or whatever.  Rarely use it now - pretty useless for the way I play I guess....

Sign in to follow this