Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrystalRain

Length of time to stay in a ship

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
4,528 battles

thats up to you - since you level up fast on low tiers you might as well wanna sell and buy the next one.

I personally kept some of the mid tier ships like kongo and cleveland as money makers.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

thats up to you - since you level up fast on low tiers you might as well wanna sell and buy the next one.

I personally kept some of the mid tier ships like kongo and cleveland as money makers.

St. Louis is forever
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
29 posts
259 battles

yeah, I've been wondering the same thing since once you get to the mid tiers the XP gaps between ships start getting a lot bigger....though I've only been playing coop as I learn the game, dunno if you get more credits/XP for playing live matches

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

depends on how much you like them really. So far I love everything up through the Fuso so i'm gonna keep playing them. I think the more important question should be: How long does one stay in Co-op's??

Beta Testers
312 posts
1,096 battles

Short answer: as long as you need. 

Longer answer: Tier 1-2 don't really offer anything other than a very basic introduction to the game, I spent very little time there. I didn't keep any tier 3's, but some of them (St. Louis, IJN Destroyer with the name I can't remember) were a blast. Once you get into tier 4+ things start to pick up. 4, 5, and 6 are your money makers, any reasonably decent game will make profits, and there are some fantastic ships in there (Personal experience: Kongo and Fuso rake in hilarious amounts of credits, I expect US BBs to do the same). My theory is find a few ships you're comfortable with, screw what tier they are, and have fun with it. Higher tiers can, in my experience, get pretty frustrating, but low-mid tier games are almost always a blast. 

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

Short answer: as long as you need. 

Longer answer: Tier 1-2 don't really offer anything other than a very basic introduction to the game, I spent very little time there. I didn't keep any tier 3's, but some of them (St. Louis, IJN Destroyer with the name I can't remember) were a blast. Once you get into tier 4+ things start to pick up. 4, 5, and 6 are your money makers, any reasonably decent game will make profits, and there are some fantastic ships in there (Personal experience: Kongo and Fuso rake in hilarious amounts of credits, I expect US BBs to do the same). My theory is find a few ships you're comfortable with, screw what tier they are, and have fun with it. Higher tiers can, in my experience, get pretty frustrating, but low-mid tier games are almost always a blast. 

The GRIND!!! ooo The grind.. ::sigh:: I die of old age! ( thunk! ) ::lol::  Grinding towards the Nagato and Cleveland right now.. My mind is numb, especially since i am not ready for randoms yet..

Beta Testers
312 posts
1,096 battles

The GRIND!!! ooo The grind.. ::sigh:: I die of old age! ( thunk! ) ::lol::  Grinding towards the Nagato and Cleveland right now.. My mind is numb, especially since i am not ready for randoms yet..

You went up to Tier 5 in co-op?!!?! :amazed: No wonder your mind is numb. I jumped into randoms after like, 5 co-op games, and never looked back. Randoms in Tier 3-5 are a blast, and reward much better than co-op, you should come join the party.

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

You went up to Tier 5 in co-op?!!?! :amazed: No wonder your mind is numb. I jumped into randoms after like, 5 co-op games, and never looked back. Randoms in Tier 3-5 are a blast, and reward much better than co-op, you should come join the party.

Yeahh, tier six, twice now on two different ships.. I started playing because you can play this game with just two fingers on the keyboard, which is all i've got on that hand.  But i make a lot of mistakes and hit a lot of 6the wrong key's still.  I hit the "S" instead of the "A" when bombers fly in and other stupid things.. Co-op is semi predictable. WG set up the aggressor's as a semi coherent team, which with a past military history, i can handle with little problem, especially as MM is in lockstep with the human team.  I know that for each type of ship played by the humans, that theres the same exact ship on the other team. That means that at worst, i have one Fuso to face or a couple Nagato's, or I become the poster child for "Torpedo's are us" in which case i'm usually seen sinking into the setting sun.

Randoms are a very different story. Of the eight games i've played in randoms, three have been on the ice map with its invisible islands and white backgrounds causing me to be unable to read distances to targets. Plus, those players are good; very good. many have been playing for a long time already and it shows. Another difference between co-op and random is that the enemy in co-op mode is slower somehow than in randoms. They're easier to hit at a distance. In randoms, the aiming is vastly different. The ships are traveling faster or covering more ground or something because they're more difficult to hit than in co-op. In co-op, i can hit any ship thats thirteen to fifteen klicks out on the first shot. In randoms, my shells always fall at least a boat length behind. It's almost as if Co-op is a completely different game.  

But i stick with co-op because i average about 350 exp each game with highs around 900 exp. I cant do so well in randoms.. Not yet..

Sign in to follow this