Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anacrom

So much like WoT, and that's not a good thing...

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts

i've only played a few dozen games, but already realize this game is going to play out just like WoT.

Camping players doing fk-all til match is already beyond saving.

Certain ship classes wreaking havoc from invisible locations across the map.

Horrible MM that can't even balance out the ships that have already been selected for the match.

Can't wait for OBT so we can invite the rest of the WoT community in...

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,520 posts
187 battles

I'm always amazed that people didn't realize this before they even start playing.

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

Your comparison of CV's to WoT artillery is wrong. When a CV attacks you can see it coming and are able to counteract or at least blunt the attack where with artillery in WoT you can't see the attack coming. The MM is mostly pretty good and how your team plays has more effect on the outcome that anything else. Be very careful asking for "fairness" from the MM, you haven't played WoWP so you have not experienced what a MM that tries for perfect balance can do to a game and the results are not good.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
13,436 posts
141 battles

i've only played a few dozen games, but already realize this game is going to play out just like WoT.

Camping players doing fk-all til match is already beyond saving. - You can't fix Stupidity

Certain ship classes wreaking havoc from invisible locations across the map. - Sorry if BBs can outrange you and DDs can use smoke

Horrible MM that can't even balance out the ships that have already been selected for the match. - We have something called Limited Beta Playerbase

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
1,708 posts
189 battles

Play Co-Op mode if you can't stomach inferior human beings playing WG products such as myself.

Members
689 posts

I'm always amazed that people didn't realize this before they even start playing.

I'm always amazed that people didn't realize this game was in the CBT before they even start playing.

Beta Testers
13,436 posts
141 battles

Inb4 OP states this Community is just as Toxic as the WoT Community.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

Inb4 OP states this Community is just as Toxic as the WoT Community.

The community here is more toxic than I would like but it is leagues away from the cesspool that the WoT community is.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
86 posts
1,650 battles

Only played a few dozen games. Doesn't understand game mechanics. Makes an uninformed review of the game currently still in Closed Beta. I am a world of tanks player with 21,000 games. Yet none of the descriptions you've provided describes my playstyle.

I'm here because I like this game and some informed and constructive feedback would help it. Not the insistent crying about "wot" players in matches and on the forums based on nothing but assumptions.

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

I have been put into battle with ships many tiers higher but unlike WoT where this can lead to frustration because you literally cannot penetrate anything in this game I find a earlier ship can still be competitive and useful to the team, and I am not talking about suicide scouting tactics either.  I have just started playing but I have to say I really like this game and am quite impressed with what they have accomplished so far.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
13,436 posts
141 battles

I have been put into battle with ships many tiers higher but unlike WoT where this can lead to frustration because you literally cannot penetrate anything in this game I find a earlier ship can still be competitive and useful to the team, and I am not talking about suicide scouting tactics either.  I have just started playing but I have to say I really like this game and am quite impressed with what they have accomplished so far.

IMO, they've tried their best to make sure every ship has a role in a battle.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

The community here is more toxic than I would like but it is leagues away from the cesspool that the WoT community is.

I don't know I think it's pretty average for a game community  

• Cool 1

[SGS]
[SGS]
Beta Testers
306 posts
5,765 battles

I actually think it's pretty mild. 

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

umm somewhere between mild and medium spicy 

Beta Testers
1,708 posts
189 battles

The more massive an online community the more toxic it tends to be. WoTforums has more active members than WoWSforums, so that would explain the comparisons being made between the two places.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

This community is very mild by gaming community standards and the WoWP forum is even milder most of the time. The WoT forum is pretty average meaning it is a cesspool. The official Star Wars Galaxies forum was so toxic that third party forums were better for information and questions.

Beta Testers
3 posts

Only played a few dozen games. Doesn't understand game mechanics. Makes an uninformed review of the game currently still in Closed Beta. I am a world of tanks player with 21,000 games. Yet none of the descriptions you've provided describes my playstyle.

I'm here because I like this game and some informed and constructive feedback would help it. Not the insistent crying about "wot" players in matches and on the forums based on nothing but assumptions.

This game may be worse than WoT.  Same horrible MM, you move MUCH slower - even in destroyers, and are EVEN MORE dependent on the random players on your team to do anything more than find the nearest island and hide behind it.  I want my $$$ back.  Wonder what a WG acct with significant WoT tech tree completion and WoWS CBT access/bundle goes for...
  • Cool 1

[CRANE]
Alpha Tester
9,505 posts
3,688 battles

This game may be worse than WoT.  Same horrible MM, you move MUCH slower - even in destroyers, and are EVEN MORE dependent on the random players on your team to do anything more than find the nearest island and hide behind it.  I want my $$$ back.  Wonder what a WG acct with significant WoT tech tree completion and WoWS CBT access goes for...

Please. Sell it. We'll get someone who actually appreciates the game and won't start complaining after playing very few matches

Beta Testers
1,708 posts
189 battles

Of all the things the OP could have done he had to necro his own thread. Precious.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

This game may be worse than WoT.  Same horrible MM, you move MUCH slower - even in destroyers, and are EVEN MORE dependent on the random players on your team to do anything more than find the nearest island and hide behind it.  I want my $$$ back.  Wonder what a WG acct with significant WoT tech tree completion and WoWS CBT access/bundle goes for...

Crawl back to WoT you won't be missed 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3 posts

Please. Sell it. We'll get someone who actually appreciates the game and won't start complaining after playing very few matches

more anime fanboys...

Beta Testers
256 posts
180 battles

Camping players doing fk-all til match is already beyond saving.

Certain ship classes wreaking havoc from invisible locations across the map.

Horrible MM that can't even balance out the ships that have already been selected for the match.

And much like WoT's we have players with 12 games played making statements about how game play is. TWELVE GAMES!!! Really.
  • Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

more anime fanboys...

UntrK9f.gif
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
256 posts
180 battles

You know why you paid that money....it was so you could troll the WoWS forum.:)
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this