Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Dokkaebi_

Carrier cap reset

17 comments in this topic

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

just had a a game where both sides had a single BB and a CV left, both BBs were in eachothers cap but neither can make any progress because torpedo bombers just dont miss BBs completely no matter how well you dodge. it was a good game but it ended in a frustrating draw. Whereas the WoT arty can reset cap as well, they cant spot you with their bloody artillery shells, whereas carriers can spot you with their TBs. Any thoughts on this?

Beta Testers
1,318 posts
2 battles

Dont compare this game with WoT. 

Not even arty can come close to cvs

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

You can stand a chance to shoot them all down before they drop...unlike arty shell that is hit or miss.

...and do you dodge when the torpeodes were dropped?

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

i start steering towards them the moment i see the TBs on the horizon, but you realize the CV player can just get the TBs to change their headings right? especially if they have 2 squads of TBs, if they fire one from your bow and one from port or starboard, you're going to at least eat three torpedoes. Normally thats okay with me, but it resets the cap and they can do this infinitely. AA armament is mediocre at best on a single BB when you're anything less than a Fuso (heck, i think i was in my Nagato for this battle too)

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

The thing is though why make exceptions for carriers? Could you not make a similar argument for say destroyers darting in taking a shot and running? Thanks to your slowspeed you will probably get hit and will most likely miss if you get a salvo off

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

thing is, you can spot and sink a destroyer when its coming in from 20km away, if it gets close enough to launch a spread of torps before sinking then he earned that reset, you cant even see the carrier launching TBs at you let alone fire back at it...Meanwhile the CV is cackling while you try to cap when theres 1:30 left in the game

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

thing is, you can spot and sink a destroyer when its coming in from 20km away, if it gets close enough to launch a spread of torps before sinking then he earned that reset, you cant even see the carrier launching TBs at you let alone fire back at it...Meanwhile the CV is cackling while you try to cap when theres 1:30 left in the game

Except you generally will not spot a destroyer 20km away, for example the Gremyashchiy wont be spotted until he is 7km away, he does not need to torp you, he only needs to hit you with his guns. So he fires, hits you HE which resets the cap and scoots away you can try and fire back at him but a maneuvering destroyer is a tough target to hit.

Beta Testers
698 posts
36 battles

If only the carriers had some sort of way to guard his allied BB from planes, maybe he could've disrupted the enemy enough to give you a chance to dodge...

Then again, since both fleets were evenly wiped, don't you think that maybe you just DESERVE to draw?

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

thing is my CV was torping their BB so they cant cap either. even if the match was 5 minutes longer i couldve just chased down their CV 

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

Except you generally will not spot a destroyer 20km away, for example the Gremyashchiy wont be spotted until he is 7km away, he does not need to torp you, he only needs to hit you with his guns. So he fires, hits you HE which resets the cap and scoots away you can try and fire back at him but a maneuvering destroyer is a tough target to hit.

but you can sink the destroyer after it resets you once where a CV can reset you infinitely though

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

but you can sink the destroyer after it resets you once where a CV can reset you infinitely though

What if your guns are pointing the wrong direction? Then you wont be sinking him and he is safe to come at you from another angle. This is just an example of what happens when a battleship is caught in a less than ideal situation. Sometimes you just cant win.
Edited by Argh_My_Liver

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

What if your guns are pointing the wrong direction? Then you wont be sinking him and he is safe to come at you from another angle. This is just an example of what happens when a battleship is caught in a less than ideal situation. Sometimes you just cant win.

thing is, you will definitely spot a destroyer before it enters the knife fight range, you''ll definitely get to at least attempt a volley at him whereas you can only hope your AA gunners are competent in shooting down the TBs...it just feels like CVs are that kid burning ants with the magnifying glass, he can see me, i cant see him, he can hit me, i cant him him, if i leave the cap to look for him the enemy wins, if i stay in the cap he can just keep sortie-ing TBs at me. Well i suppose sometimes its just impossible to win

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

thing is, you will definitely spot a destroyer before it enters the knife fight range, you''ll definitely get to at least attempt a volley at him whereas you can only hope your AA gunners are competent in shooting down the TBs...it just feels like CVs are that kid burning ants with the magnifying glass, he can see me, i cant see him, he can hit me, i cant him him, if i leave the cap to look for him the enemy wins, if i stay in the cap he can just keep sortie-ing TBs at me. Well i suppose sometimes its just impossible to win

But the destroyer does not need to enter knife fighting range is the point I am trying to make. I hear you on it being frustrating not really being able to really respond but what else do you want a carrier to do? Sail up and try and engage you ship to ship?

What about the BB your CV was shutting down? It works both ways, you could not win and neither could they. Maybe the question to ask yourself is was staying in the cap the best idea? Maybe it would have been a better play to ignore the cap and try and engage the other team. 

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

But the destroyer does not need to enter knife fighting range is the point I am trying to make. I hear you on it being frustrating not really being able to really respond but what else do you want a carrier to do? Sail up and try and engage you ship to ship?

What about the BB your CV was shutting down? It works both ways, you could not win and neither could they. Maybe the question to ask yourself is was staying in the cap the best idea? Maybe it would have been a better play to ignore the cap and try and engage the other team. 

i really wanted to leave the cap, but with 1:00 on the clock, while i can kill their CV theres no guarantee our CV will sink their BB :(

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

i really wanted to leave the cap, but with 1:00 on the clock, while i can kill their CV theres no guarantee our CV will sink their BB :(

Sometimes you just have to hope that it will turnout in your favour. 
Edited by Argh_My_Liver

Beta Testers
212 posts

Could have gone after the other bb with the carriers help. Makes it a little harder for the enemy carrier to find you and if the enemy bb is sitting on cap he's easy to find. Guessing neither carrier had fighters still?

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
127 posts
2,048 battles

Could have gone after the other bb with the carriers help. Makes it a little harder for the enemy carrier to find you and if the enemy bb is sitting on cap he's easy to find. Guessing neither carrier had fighters still?

by the time my nagato makes it back to our cap the game would have ended already LOL

Sign in to follow this