You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Konception

Introducing our new Commmunity Manager, Konception!

153 comments in this topic

[CAAT]
Members
4,487 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

We already have that category well covered with Ahskance and Boggzy, I find it interesting for them to have a new/fresh/green guy on board to give them a fresh outlook and represent the new players perspective. It can be really useful for the team to be able to cover a wider range of perspectives. I don't know you but I don't have the slightest idea of how it would be to start the game from scratch today... I think it is a valuable addition to have someone able to really understand that scenario.

Well, I hope you're right, but I'm not sure about it, tbh.... :S

3jDS.gif.59a3fb78e15ec88870185c7e98b4b9a3.gif

[CANEH]
Members
21 posts
9,495 battles

Yeah, no more money from me. What a pick. There is a large demographic of LEOs and ex-military who play this game. You can't help but think they'll be hesitant to put money towards something that has a figurehead who actively hates them for what they do.

Edited by intr3nsic
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 11

[SIM]
Members
6,281 posts
10,284 battles
7 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

image.png.5cd78d6758c1ff620c72db8781a94cda.png

Uh…yeah, that’s a really bad look. I’ll remember this next time I’m deciding where to apply my gaming dollars. Maybe I’ll donate them to my local police instead. 

• Cool 29

[MR-1]
Members
2,598 posts
28,018 battles

Welcome sir  hope your more pleasent than there last choice 

• Haha 4

[USCC]
Members
3,866 posts
18,269 battles
3 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

And here I thought MY 2482 random battles was "small".....Don't you kinda need to play and understand the game a bit before you're put into such a position??

Perhaps his involvement with the "community" will be of a different nature than say Boggsy or Ahskance, those two have direct communication covered pretty damn well, or perhaps he'll have no direct involvement at all.
I'd say 99% of the issues that arise on the forums are game related, someone with all but no experience certainly can't speak to such things anyways, so perhaps he's just here for other reasons not yet revealed.
I suppose time will tell.

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

We already have that category well covered with Ahskance and Boggzy, I find it interesting for them to have a new/fresh/green guy on board to give them a fresh outlook and represent the new players perspective. It can be really useful for the team to be able to cover a wider range of perspectives. I don't know you but I don't have the slightest idea of how it would be to start the game from scratch today... I think it is a valuable addition to have someone able to really understand that scenario.

Nothing better for an unbiased opinion than someone who cant be baised

• Cool 1

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles
21 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Eh, thats a little bit much for someone who just wants to express a little bit of their political view on a topic that is generally speaking becoming an issue in the US.

Granted never seen his twitter so i dont know if its his "offical" WG twitter or his personal one

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
13,044 posts
8,626 battles

Why his personal political/social stance should be relevant to the performance of his work?  We don't touch politics in the game, it isn't relevant to his duties.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 8

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles
21 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Why his personal political/social stance should be relevant to the performance of his work?  We don't touch politics in the game, it isn't relevant to his duties.

Agreed. All that happens when politics is discussed in this game is anger and a lot of heated discussions. 

• Cool 1

[CANEH]
Members
21 posts
9,495 battles

Well the first scandal didn't take long to launch. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
13,044 posts
8,626 battles

I don't care what the dude tweets in his personal account, who he dates or what's his status on Facebook... His opinions are relevant to me only in maters related to the game. That's it and it. 

I don't want to get into the  thing, we probably live in very different environments and realities so the issue is understood differently for both of us. That's the problem with blanket statements generalizing for ALL the situations, yet I can understand the feeling it conveys. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
15,666 posts
16,883 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I agree, but that isn't exactly how most companies feel.

Especially for PR positions.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,177 posts
28,877 battles

Just when I thought my opinion of Wargaming and their employees couldn't be worse, it gets worse.....  

• Cool 8

[MR-1]
Members
2,598 posts
28,018 battles
On 12/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, Chobittsu said:

Bonjour, early warning; WoWS and it's community are.... hazardous to you health with long-term exposure

you got that right 

[CCPLZ]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,958 posts
19,205 battles

I'm going to post this once. 

We don't care about politics on this Forum, This is a place for discussion of the game, ships, tactics and history.

We don't sift through folk's twitter or facebook in order to attack them for their views. 

Do not continue to post such attacks. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 28

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
2,238 posts
23,412 battles
On 1/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, LancerUlysses said:

I'm going to post this once. 

We don't care about politics on this Forum, This is a place for discussion of the game, ships, tactics and history.

We don't sift through folk's twitter or facebook in order to attack them for their views. 

Do not continue to post such attacks. 

Someone told me that you left as our forum moderator. That you moved on.  I guess they were wrong.

• Cool 3

[CCPLZ]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,958 posts
19,205 battles
50 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Someone told me that you left as our forum moderator. That you moved on.  I guess they were wrong.

Rumors that I've become bored with all of you have been greatly exaggerated. :)

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
13,044 posts
8,626 battles
1 minute ago, LancerUlysses said:

Rumors that I've become bored with all of you have been greatly exaggerated. :)

Long live Vultan Lord of the Birdmen!

• Cool 1

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,302 posts
14,838 battles

If Lancer left, with whom would I play backgammon while I wait for the next community stream?

:Smile_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
28,978 posts
25,091 battles
38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Long live Vultan Lord of the Birdmen!

I never could work out whether he was telling his Birdmen "DIVE!" or "DIE!" in that battle. Sufficiently aggressive warriors with an appropriate variant of the Bushido/Klingon spirit might well respond enthusiastically to the latter command. (See also the Valerians of E.E. Doc Smith's "Lensman" novels - "To die in battle was every Valerian soldier's fondest wish; to die in any peaceful manner, a disgrace." However, they were professional warriors who sought to win and not necessarily to die just for the sake of it.)

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
28,978 posts
25,091 battles
29 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

If Lancer left, with whom would I play backgammon while I wait for the next community stream?

:Smile_sad:

You work in Austin and you play anything other than Texas Hold'em behind the scenes?

I am SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you! :Smile_veryhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
13,044 posts
8,626 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I never could work out whether he was telling his Birdmen "DIVE!" or "DIE!" in that battle. Sufficiently aggressive warriors with an appropriate variant of the Bushido/Klingon spirit might well respond enthusiastically to the latter command. (See also the Valerians of E.E. Doc Smith's "Lensman" novels - "To die in battle was every Valerian soldier's fondest wish; to die in any peaceful manner, a disgrace." However, they were professional warriors who sought to win and not necessarily to die just for the sake of it.)

"What is dead may never die" ;P