You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Konception

Introducing our new Commmunity Manager, Konception!

153 comments in this topic

[WGPB]
Members
272 posts
2,595 battles

welcome, Konception!      i'm brand new here myself, coming across from many years in planes

still in my first month...   i can just barely hit stuff, but i'm having an amazing time in ships!     

good friends that play both have boosted my knowledge from zero to maybe 20% of what i need to know      i'm at the "consciously incompetent" stage

ran my first random today    i'm 100%    lol     sitting at 325 coop battles     come div up and we'll learn together!

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[CAAT]
Members
4,450 posts
6,787 battles
1 hour ago, Konception said:

We're huge Star Wars fans in our household. 

5ywbtg.thumb.jpg.5c0a85e2ac55d6c5ee7af44c3d8b844d.jpg

Welcome aboard btw! ~-~°(◠.◠)°v~-~

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[FACT]
Members
112 posts
8,610 battles

If you aren't already, keep a log of all your "new player" questions and observations, to pass on up the ladder.

Also, Welcome aboard.

Edited by darqsyde242
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
12,991 posts
8,614 battles
1 hour ago, Ariokk said:

Are you immaculate?

as long as he isn't emasculated... 

• Haha 1

[WGPB]
Members
272 posts
2,595 battles
On 12/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, darqsyde242 said:

If you aren't already, keep a log of all your "new player" questions and observations, to pass on up the ladder.

i've got two quick questions

1. how do you look in your "barracks" to examine the captains that you have?

2. how do you collect the Sinterclaus(sp?) captain?

Edited by trikke

[FACT]
Members
112 posts
8,610 battles
2 hours ago, trikke said:

i've got two quick questions

1. how do you look in your "barracks" to examine the captains that you have?

2. how do you collect the Sinterclaus(sp?) captain?

1. Unfortunately, not easily. Select a ship from the nation you wish to see your list of Captains, then select Assign Captain. That will bring up the list of Captains you have available for that nation. It's really not the best system.

2. Either earn "Star Tokens" from the New Years Night event, and buy him from the Armoury with those Tokens, or complete the New Year Fleet series of missions(for which you must have Repulse to do the first mission) and get Sinterklaas as the final reward(along with a 4 free Tech Tree ships with Captains and Perma-Camos).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,172 posts
28,863 battles
On 12/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Speed-running a game, eh?
Has anyone ever tried to do that with Amarillo Design Bureau's Star Fleet Battles?  :-)

Reveal hidden contents

I bought SFB when it was a pocket game back when I was in high school. It grew into an absolute monster of a game as I had a three inch, 3 ring binder filled with the consolidated rules that I put together. I even played the miniatures game that was less popular. I played online back in the early 90s when we had bulletin boards that hooked up to the internet and traded moves that way. When Starfleet Command came out, I played that a lot online using Mplayer. When that site went out of business, played on the Steam precursor, forget the name now, but it was far less successful there and eventually collapsed. I keep an old notebook PC just to play SFC on still. My SFB game is pack away in the attic in a footlocker, going to have to dig it out now. Unfortunately all the people I used to play with are long gone or dead. PvP SFC was brutal but loads of fun. Teamwork was an absolute must, carrying was not really a thing since teams were balanced by points, not the silly tier system WoWS uses. It was brutal and it was glorious.

The one thing I disliked about SFC over SFB was they had no reverse... Still bugs me since you could not do the Kaufman Retrograde maneuver like you could with the board game.. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
16,028 posts
19,620 battles
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I bought SFB when it was a pocket game back when I was in high school. It grew into an absolute monster of a game as I had a three inch, 3 ring binder filled with the consolidated rules that I put together. I even played the miniatures game that was less popular. I played online back in the early 90s when we had bulletin boards that hooked up to the internet and traded moves that way. When Starfleet Command came out, I played that a lot online using Mplayer. When that site went out of business, played on the Steam precursor, forget the name now, but it was far less successful there and eventually collapsed. I keep an old notebook PC just to play SFC on still. My SFB game is pack away in the attic in a footlocker, going to have to dig it out now. Unfortunately all the people I used to play with are long gone or dead. PvP SFC was brutal but loads of fun. Teamwork was an absolute must, carrying was not really a thing since teams were balanced by points, not the silly tier system WoWS uses. It was brutal and it was glorious.

The one thing I disliked about SFC over SFB was they had no reverse... Still bugs me since you could not do the Kaufman Retrograde maneuver like you could with the board game.. 

I've read about ADB-SFB and talked with a few people who've played it.
I played SFC, SFC-II and SFC-Orion Pirates.  Thoroughly enjoyed them in single-player mode.  :-)

[SUR-C]
Members
1,098 posts
12,588 battles

Somewhat late but still, Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time here, even while learning the game.

[SOUP]
Members
9,311 posts

Bonjour, early warning; WoWS and it's community are.... hazardous to you health with long-term exposure

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

0 posts

ACAB?  Seriously?  Where do you find these idiots?

We do not need Community Managers who espouse the idea all cops are bad, while normally ACAB comes from the skin head culture years ago linking it with BLM just shows how ignorant this CM is and he does not represent the community

(check out his twitter - but expect him to try to hide it)

Edited by fourteenfour
  • Cool 20
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 1

[USCC]
Members
3,866 posts
18,269 battles
13 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

We do not need Community Managers who espouse the idea all cops are bad, while normally ACAB comes from the skin head culture years ago linking it with BLM just shows how ignorant this CM is and he does not represent the community

wow, people still use that crapapp?  But feel free to paste what he said! 

[SALVO]
Members
12,991 posts
8,614 battles
40 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

Seriously?  Where do you find these idiots?

That's what I ask myself everytime I get stopped by a cop... 

Where I come from, cops are dangerous, they never are around when you need them, and when they do present themselves it will cost you money one way or another, so yeah... I can relate to the idea.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 10

[USCC]
Members
3,866 posts
18,269 battles
17 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

That's what I ask myself everytime I get stopped by a cop... 

Where I come from, cops are dangerous, they never are around when you need them, and when they do present themselves it will cost you money one way or another, so yeah... I can relate to the idea.

Must suck where you live. Cops where I live have my full respect, they don't bother me, and the very few times I've been involved with them, they've shown me respect, and have never caused me harm nor given me reason to be unreasonable with them. They have a job to do just like everyone else. 
Years ago, a cop was first on scene and saved my life in a car wreck, you'll never catch me looking down my nose at them.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
12,991 posts
8,614 battles
11 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Must suck where you live. Cops where I live have my full respect, they don't bother me, and the very few times I've been involved with them, they've shown me respect, and have never caused me harm nor given me reason to be unreasonable with them. They have a job to do just like everyone else. 
Years ago, a cop was first on scene and saved my life in a car wreck, you'll never catch me looking down my nose at them.

It's nice things work as they are supposed to at least somewhere in the world. Know in many other places the reality of life is very fckd up and Police have other interests than protecting and helping the citizens.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[CAAT]
Members
4,450 posts
6,787 battles
6 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Politics aside, that's not even the biggest issue!! I said "welcome to WoWs" earlier to Konception in this thread as a friendly gesture, right? No problem! Positivity is good, but I didn't think it would be so literal....

This guy has played only 101 random battles. 101. 

He hasn't even got to Tier VIII yet!!!!

Talk about "welcome to WoWs", this guy has BARELY played WoWs!!! And HE'S a freakin' CM?! HOW?!?!

951.gif.40353d1a649965bf930ff64c643f99c2.gif

And here I thought MY 2482 random battles was "small".....Don't you kinda need to play and understand the game a bit before you're put into such a position??

For the record...

KonceptionBattleRecord.thumb.PNG.3774664a2146f08338a70dee44703105.PNG

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[SALVO]
Members
12,991 posts
8,614 battles
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Talk about "welcome to WoWs", this guy has BARELY played WoWs!!! And HE'S a freakin' CM?! HOW?!?!

951.gif.40353d1a649965bf930ff64c643f99c2.gif

And here I thought MY 2482 random battles was "small".....

He's barely 2 weeks in. 50 matches a week is quite reasonable, I usually pull between 20-40 a week and I play almost every day. Be patient.

• Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[CAAT]
Members
4,450 posts
6,787 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

He's barely 2 weeks in. 50 matches a week is quite reasonable, I usually pull between 20-40 a week and I play almost every day. Be patient.

Yeah, but....CM though?? Again, don't you think more veteran players would be a teensy bit more viable for such a position? At least Ahskance, as controversial as his hiring was and his views on things in WoWs may be, has like 9355 battles under his belt, y'know?....

sweat-drop-anime.gif.f482161c68afb5deda6a20403ff4a8db.gif

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
112 posts
3,752 battles
6 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

image.png.5cd78d6758c1ff620c72db8781a94cda.png

Wow, ACAB? Really? This is who you want representing you, WG? Not the kind of thing I’m inclined to support financially.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 12
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
12,991 posts
8,614 battles
5 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Yeah, but....CM though?? Again, don't you think more veteran players would be a teensy bit more viable for such a position?

We already have that category well covered with Ahskance and Boggzy, I find it interesting for them to have a new/fresh/green guy on board to give them a fresh outlook and represent the new players perspective. It can be really useful for the team to be able to cover a wider range of perspectives. I don't know you but I don't have the slightest idea of how it would be to start the game from scratch today... I think it is a valuable addition to have someone able to really understand that scenario.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2