You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mewkychan

My First Battle!

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
59 posts
471 battles

My first co-op battle (in the Katori) was notable because:

• I didn't get sunk! :)
  • I didn't hit anything! :teethhappy:
  • I shot up two enemy ships (but didn't actually sink any). :P

I LIKE THIS GAME! WARGAMING, WELL DONE! :honoring:

I especially like the co-op feature for newbies like me.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

Glad to hear it! WoWS does a really nice job of slowing introducing new players to the game, by the time you get to rank 6 you'll have all the (current) features unlocked. I think co-op mode is one of the best ways to get new players used to the game-play before throwing them to the wolves in random battles. I wish WoT would follow and implement the same system. 

Beta Testers
59 posts
471 battles

I wish WoT would follow and implement the same system.

I'm not certain that WoT could do that. The AI for dealing with terrain differences would have to be much more sophisticated than that for dealing with ship movements on a more or less featureless sea.

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

I'm not certain that WoT could do that. The AI for dealing with terrain differences would have to be much more sophisticated than that for dealing with ship movements on a more or less featureless sea.

I agree it would take some work, but it really wouldn't have to be any more sophisticated than what all those illegal bot makers are doing currently. Also if you limit the maps to just a handful, I think they could make the AI a pretty decent opponent. All it really needs to do is give the players a place to learn how to aim, drive and get used to the controls. I think they lose a lot of players that get frustrated by being killed right away in there first few matches by seal-clubbers. If they did a co-op mode that would help a lot.   

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,402 posts
29,482 battles

10 battles in, and it suddenly hits me as I look at the tech tree....I'm playing tier 1 CRUISERS,  not destroyers.....

now those games make sense....

Just call me noob....

:)

Beta Testers
59 posts
471 battles

for your next task

actually ram a red

Um, I was thinking more of islands....

Beta Testers
59 posts
471 battles

I agree it would take some work, but it really wouldn't have to be any more sophisticated than what all those illegal bot makers are doing currently. Also if you limit the maps to just a handful, I think they could make the AI a pretty decent opponent. All it really needs to do is give the players a place to learn how to aim, drive and get used to the controls. I think they lose a lot of players that get frustrated by being killed right away in there first few matches by seal-clubbers. If they did a co-op mode that would help a lot.  

I was thinking of WoT Co-Op as exactly what you mention - a way to practice "tankery" on a set of graduated targets for hiding, spotting, shooting at moving targets, shooting on the move, and so forth.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the game! Any ideas on what line to progress through?

Beta Testers
59 posts
471 battles

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the game! Any ideas on what line to progress through?

Japanese destroyers for now, then US Anything.

Looking forward to the Japanese Yamato class vs. US Iowa class. I'm going to be interested in two aspects of the Japanese "superships" which most people, including most historians, don't know about Yamato and Musashi. Hint: ever heard of JICPOA?