You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnJellicoe

HMS Agincourt????

29 comments in this topic

[TMMS]
Beta Testers
11 posts
3,565 battles

Please consider the Agincourt.  Best Ship ever, 7 turrets, 14x12" guns, largest ship when built.  Most turrets on a BB.  It was a great ship, and ought to be in the BB or BC line (mid level armour and slightly higher speed could be argued it would fit either potentially...)

Thanks!

Beta Testers
1,347 posts
2 battles

Not until we have a British tree, sadly.

She wasn't really highly regarded, either. Agincourt had something of a poor armoring scheme, and a hull that length presents a fairly large target for enemy fire. A Queen Elizabeth would have shattered her with ease, as, likely, would a German Konig or Baden.

Members
178 posts
408 battles

10 to 1 she comes in as a premium

what currency willl that be in? your offer, i mean
Edited by pie38

[TMMS]
Beta Testers
11 posts
3,565 battles

Not impress with 12 inch guns.

yes but their were 14 of them :)

Also, she was faster than the QE and Revenge classes.  Just a very aesthetically pleasing ship

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

12 inch guns at tier 5?????????

Its a Damage versus penetration/range deal. You will murder anything you can penetrate within your range, but those values are lower than your peers.

An ambusher, basically.

Members
4,302 posts

Its a Damage versus penetration/range deal. You will murder anything you can penetrate within your range, but those values are lower than your peers.

An ambusher, basically.

A little like the Aurora at Tier 3, it has 14 152mm guns, can absolutely murder anything that gets close, is reasonably armoured, but is as slow as a pig - gets torped all the time. 

[VRR]
Beta Testers
1,141 posts
3,878 battles

I'm guessing we'll see her as a Premium when the RN ships get added and will probably be viewed as the TOG II of WoWS, slow, not well armoured but a good gun. Or in this case 14 guns.  She was the physical embodyment of being a turret farm, oh and don't forget her 20 x 6 inch guns as her secondaries as well :p

But all that firepower and speed (22 knots) came at her being little better protected than a Lion class Battlecruiser, a 9 inch belt, it was just better laid out and she had more armour spread over her hull, but still a max belt of 9 inches, a heavy cruisers 8 inch guns could pen that at decent ranges and a BB's guns will rip through it.  As Mr Awesome said, she's an ambusher in this games terms. Get you at a range where she can hurt you and simply drown you with 12 inch shells, figuring you'll be knocked out by volume of fire before you can sink her.

Members
178 posts
408 battles

A little like the Aurora at Tier 3, it has 14 152mm guns, can absolutely murder anything that gets close, is reasonably armoured, but is as slow as a pig - gets torped all the time. 

im assuming yor assuming, as it isnt in game yet...

Members
178 posts
408 battles

tell that to the aurora in my port

aurora.jpg

i thought russian ships where coming out after release???

Beta Testers
797 posts
85 battles

i thought russian ships where coming out after release???

Нет Товарищ! They had to put one Russian ship in-game to please their future Russian customers.

Members
178 posts
408 battles

Нет Товарищ! They had to put one Russian ship in-game to please their future Russian customers.

is it a premium?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
734 posts
2,764 battles

Agincourt I could at either tier 4 or 5.

I bet two imaginary internet dollars on T4 prem.

[TMMS]
Beta Testers
11 posts
3,565 battles

Just want to echo the sentiment I posted in 2015 in respect to HMS Agincourt.  Now that the RN is here in force, this would be an awesome ship.  Only one of its kind built.  Would be really fun.  

[PRU]
Members
120 posts
4,787 battles

Why? In this case I've found the topic damn interesting. At least it was the OP who necro'ed it.