You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

Bayard

10 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
777 posts
10,177 battles

It’s great in coop. In PVP it’s a high risk boat. It gets easily blapped. Not as strong as Mainz. Pretty similar to Cleveland minus the radar. I’ve had some very fun games in it. 

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
2,410 posts
14,539 battles
1 hour ago, Qilang said:

Is it weak in current meta?

No.

It was nerfed quite a bit with the IFHE rework, but is still strong.

Since it has a vulnerable citadel and no heal, it has a higher skill floor, but has the most offensive power of any T8 cruiser.  Also has the speed to pull off moves that few other cruisers in the game can replicate. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,630 posts
13,843 battles
2 hours ago, Qilang said:

Is it weak in current meta?

It's never been weak. It isn't strong either. It's like a lot of ships, it depends on your playstyle. It isn't particularly powerful in its own right, but it's playstyle resonates with some people and they do really, really well with it. I'm not one of them. I've never been able to make that ship work. It's too high risk-reward for me. She has crazy firepower but she disintegrates if anyone sneezes at her so it rarely gets to exploit it for me. It's like a really big French DD, but with a citadel and without the damage mechanic that keeps those DDs alive. 

[META_]
Members
1,907 posts
20,460 battles

I use the top 50% when looking at stats for a ship... That way all ships have full equipment and a captain that understands how to use her... I've always loved her and she is still doing well in global stats

Screenshot_20211130-215037_Chrome.jpg

[EDEG]
Members
186 posts
9,340 battles

She's the ultimate "live fast die young" boat. Super fun. Unlike most kiting cruisers she has a utility function in that she can blap DDs, with her concealment and MBRB. And when uptiered she can light permafires for days.

Just don't get hit....

I'd never take her into a competitive mode for that reason, but in randoms she's a blast.

[X-PN]
Members
2,410 posts
14,539 battles
10 hours ago, JamesTomb said:

She's the ultimate "live fast die young" boat. Super fun. Unlike most kiting cruisers she has a utility function in that she can blap DDs, with her concealment and MBRB. And when uptiered she can light permafires for days.

Just don't get hit....

I'd never take her into a competitive mode for that reason, but in randoms she's a blast.

Let me expand on this a bit.  This ship is one of the best at DD ambushes and cruiser v. cruiser fights. 

One of the things that this ship can do on some maps it use it's 42.5 knot boost speed and go straight from spawn to cap using an island for final concealment.  The opposing red DD sees the cap being contested before he gets there and assumes it's the opposing DD on the other side.... cue hydro and MBB ....

In a 1 v 1 cruiser fight, assuming it fighting anything same tier (or even a tier above) the combination of concealment, 12 gun 7.5 reload, and MBB gives this ship an absolute advantage in most engagements.

The one area the ship is more limited is in BB engagements.  The citadel is a little above water and while the armor isn't bad it is 25mm so overmatched by most BBs.  The other weakness of the ship is god awful turret angles.  It's not Seattle bad but it is still bad.  The shells are comfortable to use in 10km engagements, but at max range the float is rather close to USN 6".  This makes it difficult to maintain sustained HE farming on BB at ranges where you have a hope of surviving in open water.  This means you need to use an island hopping style when possible.... fortunately it is pretty good at that....but that is still situational where as a Mainz with some hp can always open water and do well.

I rate Mainz as one of the top 5 T8 cruisers and I put Bayard in the same group too....but it is harder to use.  However, it can also be more impactful.