Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_JHawk

Observations And Discussions

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

Hello all!

So I have played just over 100 battles and noticed a few corks (Which is to be expected) It's Beta I know! But overall the game is running smoothly! I am making this post to see if you are running into the same issues or have some thoughts.

First we will start off with some issues!

- I don't know if it is just me but I play the game in Window mode and every time I launch the game I have to constantly adjust it and fit it to screen! I play it this way because I have duel monitors.

- I noticed that when I play long enough the game sounds cut out. Its like some sound is there but mostly a droned out sound where you hear wind all the time. Can't hear alarms going off if torps are near by, occasional guns firing, and music cutting in and out.

- When searching for people the names flash in and out and have to retype the name and click add fast enough before disappearing again.

That's it that I have noticed. Now on to observations

- People are complaining about BB's gettting torped to death and can't avoid torpedoes. Well I have been pretty good in my BB's dodging torps! People have told me I am great at it! However I have noticed that planes on occasion seems to drop really I mean really close to the ship when I try to face them and their arming time is like instant and die for full damage. But when I try this with my CV (granted I am still learning the carriers play style) I drop torps close enough and don't arm in time to damage a target. So I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this or a perspective thing from ship to air view.

So far I have played 126 battles and have the Nagato! I have played a few battles in it and so far not impressed with it. Granted it has 2 less guns then the Fuso and that thing I play really well! But the Nagato seems to lack damage most of the time and when all shots land on a ship i see 600s and if I do hit a citadel then great but its not often as in my Fuso! Another thing with the Nagato it seems to be a giant citadel ship! Just about every shot I take is a Heavy Hit especially at 20km! Now again the Nagato is stock and I just upgraded the Hull and played one match and think I noticed a difference when taking hits as I only had one heavy hit in that one match. Will let you know as I play it some more.

Well that's it for observations and Issues please feel free to share your experiences or suggestions here! I am here to test and share my results with other testers :)

JHawk

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Multiple monitors are not supported.  Neither is SLI/Crossfire.   Imo go full screen, you'll have less issues and better performance.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

Multiple monitors are not supported.  Neither is SLI/Crossfire.   Imo go full screen, you'll have less issues and better performance.

Ah! Good to know! Will it be supported in the future? I have to have it window mode so I can check emails, twitch, TS3, etc if you know what I mean lol.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

The monitors I don't know, some make it work though.  SLI/Crossfire they don't intend to.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

The monitors I don't know, some make it work though.  SLI/Crossfire they don't intend to.

Ah! I will keep that in mind. Running both monitors off my R9 290x video card.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Here you go there is a gentleman on this link and the link that it goes to that have knowledge of such things.  This may be of help.

Excuse my **** poor attitude on the link I get fed up at times.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/24474-no-options-in-the-graphics-setting-screen/page__p__688178#entry688178

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

Here you go there is a gentleman on this link and the link that it goes to that have knowledge of such things.  This may be of help.

Excuse my **** poor attitude on the link I get fed up at times.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/24474-no-options-in-the-graphics-setting-screen/page__p__688178#entry688178

Thanks mate! I will look at it!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

Hey that link was helpful! however I don't need surround settings as I just use the second monitor to watch twitch stream chats and others I listed before. I was just curious if WG was going to fix the Window Mode that when I set it to one monitor it will stay that way every time I launch the game. As it extends a little bit into the second monitor and I have to hit the restore down button then maximize to fit the monitor. WoT I have no issues as I play Window mode on it as well. Also I have noticed that the max res on the settings is 1920 x 986. could this be the issue?

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

I really don't know bro I'm on a single monitor still, I'm a dinosaur.  But those guys on those 2 threads and also Miyanaga on those 2 threads are pretty knowledgeable they might have your answer.  One of the very first things I did was get out of windowed mode and never looked back.  Sorry someday i'll hook up my old monitor and have to go through the torture of it all, but not today. :teethhappy:

Edit wait click on full screen and then many more aspect and resolution options will open up and you can go to the correct one.

Then maybe you can go back to windowed after setting it up properly on the main gaming monitor.

Edited by Moksie
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

I really don't know bro I'm on a single monitor still, I'm a dinosaur.  But those guys on those 2 threads and also Miyanaga on those 2 threads are pretty knowledgeable they might have your answer.  One of the very first things I did was get out of windowed mode and never looked back.  Sorry someday i'll hook up my old monitor and have to go through the torture of it all, but not today. :teethhappy:

Edit wait click on full screen and then many more aspect and resolution options will open up and you can go to the correct one.

Then maybe you can go back to windowed after setting it up properly on the main gaming monitor.

Haha its no big deal just a pain every now and then when you forget and in a match and notice it is off your screen a bit :P I will have to try that!

Beta Testers
271 posts
489 battles

I thought the sound cutout occurs when you hit badly. Like you're knocked off briefly... But maybe it is not the one you're talking about. I didn't had time to play more than 2 hrs in a row so far.

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

I thought the sound cutout occurs when you hit badly. Like you're knocked off briefly... But maybe it is not the one you're talking about. I didn't had time to play more than 2 hrs in a row so far.

Nah this is when I play more than a couple hours lol. I have to restart the game so it can have normal sound. I never noticed it cut out when taking big hits.

Beta Testers
128 posts
1,088 battles

Update: I am happy to report that the Nagato is working great! Once fully upgraded it is a beast! Also put modules on it to give it more survivability and is doing great in matches! Its not a big citadel anymore and can take a beating with few heavy hits. Also damage has improved after upgrading guns and worked on aiming a bit more with it and land as much citadel hits as I do in my Fuso :)

So guys if you are heading to the Nagato don't panic! it gets better lol.

Sign in to follow this