Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yankeegunner

Is there a Ship Silhouette Guide?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9 posts
147 battles

I have been looking around the forums and haven't seen a good guide for ship silhouettes.  Was wondering if there were guides to visual identification already out there.  Only thing I've been able to find with Google is a couple of WW II ship ID Guides, which may or may not be applicable.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
72 posts
1,713 battles

Silent Hunter 4 had a good one. It was in-game though. And I remember reading that the collector's edition had a printed manual full of the ships. The main problem is a lot of the ships in-game for WOWS were experimental, so they wouldn't be on it.

Edited by ardraug
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

They simplified the process, now you just hit Alt for the ID.  Hehe I remember thumbing through the  Silent Hunter ID book fast as I could.  That was a fun game back then, peaceful and relaxing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,249 posts
3,180 battles

Silent Service on MSDOS, i was so young, had this thing before and it would like quiz you to see if you could recognize a ship by only it's silhouette. Old memories lol 

• Cool 1

[CRON]
Beta Testers
778 posts
11,656 battles

Silent Service on MSDOS, i was so young, had this thing before and it would like quiz you to see if you could recognize a ship by only it's silhouette. Old memories lol 

Ya. Played that too.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
9 posts
147 battles

Thank you all, I remembered those myself (DOS based games).  Forgot about the "alt" command I guess.

Now if I can just remember *NOT* to alt-tab......

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this