You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

Best USA Destroyers

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

Hi, Im new to beta and going up USA destroyer line.  Which are considered the better ones and which the worst?  I have limited space in port and only want to keep 2 or 3 out of the 9.  Which should I keep?  I am at the Clemson and bought Simms for access and like it a lot.  I will prob reach Mahan or Benson by Sunday.

Members, Alpha Tester
5,596 posts
628 battles

Im not selling the Simms since i paid 40 bucks for it!, lol.

well if you sell it before CBT ends you get it back in OBT......but either was ill never get rid of it, i got the three in one pack and i love all the ships.

[R-A-N]
Beta Testers
23 posts
1,121 battles

I like the Clemson, the double barreled 102mm (4inch) guns can ruin another destroyer's day. Its fun taking on two Kongos, sinking one and brutalizing another.

Edited by klpander

[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
16,201 battles

Keep a mid tier ship, you get into more battle, with less wait in que. The higher in tier you get, the longer you have to wait.

[CRNGE]
Banned
3,786 posts
3,406 battles

Nicholas and Benson are my favorites in the line so far.  Nicholas has got 6 torpedoes on each side, very useful if you're surrounded - and Benson has decent guns and the 6.4km/65knot torpedoes are good as well.

Edited by Im_The_Seeker2

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

well if you sell it before CBT ends you get it back in OBT......but either was ill never get rid of it, i got the three in one pack and i love all the ships.

Ive decided to only play usa ships in this game, unlike WOTs where ive played over 200 so i did not get bundle.

Beta Testers
176 posts
8 battles

Smith.

Rest that ship's soul.

Edited by ExESGO

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,719 posts

I kept the Nicholas and Mahan.

Currently on Benson. 

My Mahan captain will be going on the Fletcher, but I will be keeping the ship.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

everyone kind of bad mouths the Mahan but once you learn it it's pretty powerful

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Man I don't know are there any bad DD's?  So far I have enjoyed all of them.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Man I don't know are there any bad DD's?  So far I have enjoyed all of them.

the Mutsucky comes to mind

Alpha Tester
166 posts
842 battles

I have liked them all starting at the Wickes up to the Mahan, I've got enough xp/freeXP for the Benson but have not researched it just yet though. From the start though, the Mahan became a favorite mine right from the first battle, Nicholas is a close second. Wickes holds a special place for me since I have a family connection to one of them dating back to the Neutrality Patrols in 1941.

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

Since i already sold the Sampson and Wicks because Clemson felt better after just a couple games its good to know my instincts were good after only playing game for 2 days.  

I could ask under a dif thread, but once u have a target selected for torps but u want to chg to dif target whats the best way?  

Alpha Tester
427 posts
8,749 battles

Gearing tier 10.  Why? Cause you get 16km torps which opens up the possibility of longer torp attempts (similar to Japanese style of dd).  The guns are NASTY and can ream other dd and even bangedup cruisers.

Beta Testers
7 posts
2,502 battles

I do my best work in the Nicholas...that ship is just a beast.  I think I sold all my lower tier DD.  I have the Faragut, and have had a couple of good games in it.  But nothing consistent.  Really want to get into the top tier though, they all sound fun.