You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kuramitsu

Grosser Kurfürst being replaced

138 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
671 posts

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/222?fbclid=IwAR0nzGXO5qRtCj3arJL87j3SEHZOceJd82o0iamBLgD2cFMuP4qwnhCT2ZY

03.10.2021 13:00
  • DEVELOPMENT BLOG

UPDATE 0.10.10, BATTLESHIP PREUSSEN AND CHANGES IN GERMAN TECH TREE

German Tier X Battleship Preussen has been added to the game for testing. In 2022 she will replace Grosser Kurfürst in German Tech Tree.

Preussen is a variant of the H-class battleship project. Her primary armament comprises eight 457 mm guns placed in four turret mounts. The ship has solid armor, powerful secondary armament, and the Hydroacoustic Search consumable.

German Tier X Battleship Preussen

Survivability - 105800. Plating - 32-mm

Main Battery - 4x2 457-mm. Main Battery Firing Range - 20.6 km.

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 5450. HE Shell Armor Penetration Capacity - 114-mm. Chances of HE Shell causing a Fire on Target - 45%. Initial HE Shell Velocity - 810m/s. Maximum AP Shell Damage - 15000. Initial AP Shell Velocity - 810m/s. Reload Time - 24.0s. 180° Turn time - 40.0 s. Maximum Dispersion - 266m. Sigma - 1.80.

Secondary Armament:

4x2 150-mm, Maximum Range - 8.3 km.

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1700, Chances of HE Shell causing a Fire on Target - 8%. Initial HE Shell Velocity - 875m/s.

10x2 128mm, Maximum Range - 8.3 km.

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1500, Chances of HE Shell causing a Fire on Target - 5%. Initial HE Shell Velocity - 900/s.

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1700. 

AA Defence: 10x2 128.0-mm, 6x4 30.0-mm, 4x2 55.0-mm, 6x1 55-mm

Short-Range AA: Continuous Damage - 291, Hit Probability - 70%, Firing Range - 3.0km;

Medium-Range AA: Continuous Damage - 326, Hit Probability - 75%, Firing Range - 4.0km;

Long-Range AA: Continuous Damage - 140, Hit Probability - 75, Firing Range - 6.0 km;

Action zone of AA Shell Explosions - 3.5 - 6.0 km, Number Shell Explosions in AA Salvos - 6, Damage from AA Shell Explosions - 1610.

Maximum speed - 30.0knots. Turning Circle Radius - 1050m. Rudder Shift Time - 19.4s. Detectability Range by Sea - 18.2 km. Detectability Range by Air - 14.9 km. Detectability After Firing Main Guns in Smoke - 19.4 km.

Available Equipment -

1 Slot - Damage Control Party

2 Slot - Repair Party

3 Slot - Fighter/Spotting Aircraft

4 Slot - Hydroacoustic Search

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

phpKjcABm.jpeg.thumb.jpg.c8042832fb87eb786c71cccf804e55dd.jpg

In early 2022, Preussen will replace the Grosser Kurfürst in the Tech tree. The ship better matches the progression and gameplay of the branch: it is equipped with a small number of guns, which is in turn compensated for by their solid caliber. Otherwise, the Preussen is similar in its features to the Grosser Kurfürst and other German Battleships.

The following changes will be made to the Grosser Kurfürst after the replacement of ships:

• Grosser Kurfürst will become a special ship - the cost of the ship's post-battle service will be decreased. You will be able to assign Commanders from other ships of the same nation to her without any penalties and retraining requirements. Current commanders will keep their specialty.
  • The ship will be added into the Armory for Coal.
  • Grosser Kurfürst will remain on the accounts of its owners. If the ship was researched but not bought, sold, or the branch was reset, she will be invoiced to the player's account.
  • The ship will keep its unique upgrade and any purchased permanent camouflages. If permanent camouflage Type 20 was not purchased - it will be credited.

All players who own any permanent camouflage for Grosser Kurfürst will receive the Type 20 permanent camouflage for Preussen. The ship herself can only be obtained after researching and purchasing it in the tech tree.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,349 posts
28,515 battles

What is going on here? Khabarovsk first, now GK? I think, for the German BB at least, they are getting ready to bring in the Hanover super battleship and Preussen better fits that progression, maybe. Just a wild idea from my age-addled brain...

• Cool 3

[PISD]
Members
2,393 posts
7,459 battles

That’s quite coming from the left field. GK was not bad and fit well in the line, I do not get why she needs to be replaced.

• Cool 4

[KSE]
Members
789 posts
27,276 battles

Similar to the Moskva I guess. Maybe a German BB split and/or a Russian DD split. 

Beta Testers
1,238 posts
17,352 battles

Maybe because the Germans don't have nay 457mm armed ships? They are the flavour now so probably expect other lines that don't have them to get them too?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
9,086 posts
7,155 battles

Preussen may not be Hannover... but close enough, I guess. I'll take the swap, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, she's just Grossie who swapped her guns from triple 406/420mm to twin 457mm... otherwise practically the same? LEL. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
12 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The simple reason is to get players to grind for a new Tier 10 ship.  

All this does is give new players another ship to grind if they want to. Anyone who already has GK keeps GK, and GK gets better because she gets reduced service costs and players can switch captains at will.

The only arguable “downside” I can see with this is the introduction of yet another BB that can overmatch the 30mm plating of tier X cruisers. However, at this point there are so many I don’t think it really matters anymore, and it’s nice to see some more of them in the tech tree vs being predominantly premium/special ships.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
18,669 posts
33,718 battles
9 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The simple reason is to get players to grind for a new Tier 11 ship.  

fify :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,467 posts
13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

All this does is give new players another ship to grind if they want to. Anyone who already has GK keeps GK, and GK gets better because she gets reduced service costs and players can switch captains at will.

I think his point is that people who had finished the German BB line, will have now suddenly not have finished the German BB line.  If you want the T10 German tech tree ship, you need to start from T9 a second time.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[CK5]
Members
1,863 posts
21,339 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

I think his point is that people who had finished the German BB line, will have now suddenly not have finished the German BB line.  If you want the T10 German tech tree ship, you need to start from T9 a second time.

My point exactly. 

[SLI]
10,467 posts
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

My point exactly. 

I just finished all the tech trees and was planning on sitting back and just keeping up with new grinds, but they are coming in fast lately! :fish_nerv:

Which is honestly fine with me.  I was a little worried that I was going to get bored.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,807 posts
10,229 battles
2 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

My point exactly. 

But it says in the post that everyone that already has GK researched will keep GK and get her replacement, including the permacamo, provided you had it for GK. This is not a repeat of the Moskva/Nevsky swindle and WG is making amends for said swindle finally and have earned some points back in my book by doing so.

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

9 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

My point exactly. 

I figured that was the point you were trying to make, but what I was getting at is that if an individual has some pressing need to have a tier X tech tree ship simply because it is there, that’s a personal decision.

Now, if your complaint has anything to do with the RB, then there is some substance to it.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[SLI]
10,467 posts
3 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

But it says in the post that everyone that already has GK researched will keep GK and get her replacement, including the permacamo, provided you had it for GK. This is not a repeat of the Moskva/Nevsky swindle and WG is making amends for said swindle finally and have earned some points back in my book by doing so.

Right, you keep what you have.  You have a GK, you keep a GK.

Your T10 tech tree ship moves out of town though and becomes a "special" ship.  You no longer have the T10 tech tree ship, it's not given to you in the process.  You need to regrind the FDG again, if you want the new T10 tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

Members
1,193 posts
8,080 battles
11 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Maybe because the Germans don't have nay 457mm armed ships? They are the flavour now so probably expect other lines that don't have them to get them too?

do we realy need more of those? for the sake of uniqueness  i rather have  small guns but better ROF and firing angles or god forbide a smaller superstructure.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
9,086 posts
7,155 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Yeah, people will keep their GK, AND if they bought the perma camo for GK, then they'll also receive a perma camo for Preussen for free...

Except, they'll still gonna have to research and purchase Preussen, the ship herself, when she arrives next year. They aren't getting a free Preussen.

Untitled01.thumb.png.3b060c213fb78b35ee5a52ea1182f854.png

I guess it's time to start banking some EXP on Freddie, and save up some credits too, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,807 posts
10,229 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Right, you keep what you have.  You have a GK, you keep a GK.

Your T10 tech tree ship moves out of town though and becomes a "special" ship.  You no longer have the T10 tech tree ship, it's not given to you in the process.  You need to regrind the FDG again, if you want the new T10 tech tree ship.

Ok, looking back I misread. Fair enough, still at least they aren't doing that idiotic 'you got your money's worth out of that permacamo' garbage again. When they did that to Moskva I'd barely had the thing a week or two and hadn't even made back her purchase cost yet.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[KAPPA]
Members
1,807 posts
10,229 battles
4 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Yeah, people will keep their GK, AND if they bought the perma camo for GK, then they'll also receive a perma camo for Preussen for free...

Except, they'll still gonna have to research and purchase Preussen, the ship itself, when she arrives next year.

Untitled01.thumb.png.3b060c213fb78b35ee5a52ea1182f854.png

I guess it's time to start banking some EXP on Freddie, and save up some credits too, lol. :Smile_hiding:

The good news is my IJN/Axis account is filthy rich and I actually like the FDG a fair bit, played it quite a bit until Pommern came out. I should still have a decent amount of XP stored away on her and will likely have the replacement unlocked the day it drops, only potential challenge might be finding a trained captain, but at least having GK's secondaries means ifhe is not required.

Edit- Now that I'm home and have my computer available, looks like FDG has 348,766 xp stored on her at the moment, affording Preussen on day one should be no issue for me.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[PISD]
Members
2,393 posts
7,459 battles

These are some of the laziest premium. Next will be what? Yamato with quad 16”? Republique with sextuple 15”?  Montana with 4 22” in single mount?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
27 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

do we realy need more of those? for the sake of uniqueness  i rather have  small guns but better ROF and firing angles or god forbide a smaller superstructure.

Personally, I think the cat is already out of the bag and adding more at this point doesn’t really change the meta. It is nice however that another one of these ships is being added to the tech tree rather than being locked behind coal, steel, or RP. Most nations will have at least one tech tree BB that can overmatch 30mm plating:

US: Vermont

IJN: Yamato

USSR: Kremlin

France: Republique

That just leaves Italy and the UK, but given that Columbo is new and Conqueror already had her 457s removed, I don’t think they’ll be getting one anything soon. These lines also lean on ammo types other than AP (SAP and RN bull:etc_swear: HE) much more than the others, so it makes some sense.

This particular case might also be some dev’s personal pet project, and this might have been more the type of ship that they originally envisioned at the top of the German BB tree, more similar to historic Third Reich designs. The German BB tree is quite old, and IIRC at that time the only guns that were meaningfully bigger than 16” were Yamato’s. It’s similar to why the devs have stated they went with 203-mm armed ships for the tier IX and X German cruisers: at the time the didn’t want cruisers with higher caliber guns in the game (Moskva was the first).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles
58 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

That’s quite coming from the left field. GK was not bad and fit well in the line, I do not get why she needs to be replaced.

My thoughts too. FdG has the 406/420 option, and GK is a bigger hull with triples of the same 406/420 option, so the progression makes sense. And like happened with Conq/Thunderer, the bigger gunned 457 version went to the armory. 

Members
1,840 posts
20,141 battles

An interesting move??? I kept the FDG in my fleet and it has more than enough ship XP to research the next one.

So now I'll have 2 T10 German BBs one of which is now "special". Fine by me I've always enjoyed the German BBs. :Smile_child:

[CO-OP]
Members
3,475 posts
35,653 battles

Yeah I was thinking about resetting the Harugumo line again, but with this and the Khab I think I'll be using the FXP to avoid regrinding through ships I'VE ALREADY GROUND THROUGH WG!!!!!!!!!