Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

Anniversary collection: Can it be completed without spending tokens for crates?

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,037 posts
4,111 battles

I completed all of the missions for the Aircraft Bureau Rivalry, and I believe there was a mission set that gave a few, but I've come up six containers short of completing the collection.

I know I can buy them in the armory for tokens, but thought I may have missed a way to earn them, rather than spend tokens on them. I'd prefer to use my tokens to get the permacamos, but will come up short if I need to purchase containers for the collection.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles

As far as I’ve seen, the maximum we can collect for ‘free’ without spending tokens is the 24 containers from the bureau and mission. So you’ll either need to use the tokens and forego one of the camos or wait for the containers to return for coal (probably in the normal six months). 

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,767 posts
7,444 battles

https://whaling.in.fkn.space/

Take a look here first of all to get an idea on whether you can afford to spend some tokens on containers. Keep in mind duplicates exchange in a 1:1 ratio and come up with a plan for it. If you got loads of credits consider buying a few ships too.

[PHD]
Members
439 posts
22,728 battles

I finished the Aircraft Bureau Rivalry then discovered this week it let me choose one that I'd already completed and do it again.

So up to three more crates there.

I didn't know that was possible so I'd already spent tokens to complete the collection, but at least the dups are worth something.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
548 posts
6,030 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

https://whaling.in.fkn.space/

Take a look here first of all to get an idea on whether you can afford to spend some tokens on containers. Keep in mind duplicates exchange in a 1:1 ratio and come up with a plan for it. If you got loads of credits consider buying a few ships too.

what's funny in terms of that website is that according to the site i still have 33 more gift containers i can get however I already have those done as seen below:

Here's what the site says I have left to do:

2Untitled.thumb.jpg.3cb77e9545e641192d0738edec52f3f5.jpg

and this is all that i have left atm to do:

bestbattle.thumb.jpg.62fd08c970076efec49a19d48625f12f.jpg

Now that I think about it the super container amount is incorrect as well strange.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles
10 minutes ago, Super_Tactical_Droid said:

what's funny in terms of that website is that according to the site i still have 33 more gift containers i can get however I already have those done as seen below:

Here's what the site says I have left to do:

2Untitled.thumb.jpg.3cb77e9545e641192d0738edec52f3f5.jpg

and this is all that i have left atm to do:

bestbattle.thumb.jpg.62fd08c970076efec49a19d48625f12f.jpg

Now that I think about it the super container amount is incorrect as well strange

At least for the 8s, if you played them in convoy it won’t register that they were completed. The others are likely communication errors between the WG API and the site. 

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

And this is why I don't trust that site. LOOK IN YOUR PORT. 

Who remembers the scene in Star Trek 6, in which it looks like they've just back-shot the Klingon flagship with two photon torpedoes. The computer says they did. Scotty, counting the loud-out with his own inventory, knows the racks are full and Enterprise fired nothing.

• Meh 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,297 posts
19,851 battles

Stupid question, but how many duplicates do you have?

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,037 posts
4,111 battles
10 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Stupid question, but how many duplicates do you have?

Not a stupid question at all, especially with so many recent topics about players not knowing how to trade them in. I have zero duplicates, but it does seem that there was no way to collect enough crates for free to finish the collection. With the Aircraft Bureau and mission, 24 was what I wound up with (48 pieces). Just thought I might have missed a way to collect the final six containers.

I don't mind using tokens to finish, though. While I did want to get all of the permacamos, I can live without one of them. Would be different if they had XP bonuses, but without that, they're not a "must have".