Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

I could use a good laugh today...

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,840 posts
20,141 battles

… so has there been an official corporate speak explanation of why the India Bravo Terrathree signal flags are being removed from containers. Perhaps on Reddit or YouTube or a podcast somewhere. You guys weren't out there farming those flags again were you?

They were never easy to get and were always the lowest number of any of my signal flags. When I run out of them I never considered them important enough to buy them... oh wait I may have stumbled across the real reason. However for the reason stated in the title it'd be nice to hear WG's official reasoning why.

As with most things in life you can either choose to laugh or cry about it. :Smile_child:

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver

[PVE]
Members
11,951 posts
21,033 battles

How many flies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just two, but I don't know how the heck they got in there.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,928 posts

I looked in the mirror today...omg what the hell happened to me.:cap_wander_2:

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
655 posts
16,102 battles

Are you that hard up for the 18,000 credits (max)?  If you use one every single time you hit battle, fine, I'm sorry for your loss but if you are that hard up for credits, you might consider staying away from tier X battles.  Play tier IX and you just saved 3.333333333333333 times the number of credits that an India Bravo Terrathree would have saved you in a tier X battle.

[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,830 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

… so has there been an official corporate speak explanation of why the India Bravo Terrathree signal flags are being removed from containers. Perhaps on Reddit or YouTube or a podcast somewhere. You guys weren't out there farming those flags again were you?

They were never easy to get and were always the lowest number of any of my signal flags. When I run out of them I never considered them important enough to buy them... oh wait I may have stumbled across the real reason. However for the reason stated in the title it'd be nice to hear WG's official reasoning why.

As with most things in life you can either choose to laugh or cry about it. :Smile_child:

(I believe those are the -10% to post battle repair signals...I know they have three names & end w/tetra three but ain't sure about the 1st 2 names...but if so...I may be the reason why).

In a few threads recently I was pointing out the worthlessness of those flags so maybe they just decided to put more valuable items in the containers instead.

1st thing to understand is they do not stack with ANY other signals/skills/upgrades/or ANYTHING ELSE to increase their value.

They are 10% of the post battle cost which at T10 is worth 18k credits (10% of 180k credits)... & they only get worse from there...

12k at T9 & I don't have any of the lower tier post battle costs memorized but again...all below T9 is less that 12k credits of value for that signal & 18k at T10 is the max...ever...period.

As for the 1st bold part...grats...as they're credit equivalent when converted from coal price (compare credit/coal conversion with 2ndary signal prices...3200 coal = 960k credits... 960k credits divided by 20 signal in the bundle) is 45k credits each in the armory...

That's right...anybody that has ever bought those signals for coal in the armory has given 45k credits worth of coal for each 1 to only ever get 18k credits value out of them at the very most.

1st I've heard of this...& TY WG for at least increasing the chances of getting some actual valuable (combat enhancing) signals in containers instead of those worthless POSs.

As for the2nd bold part...I choose to laugh.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,840 posts
20,141 battles
5 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

(I believe those are the -10% to post battle repair signals...I know they have three names & end w/tetra three but ain't sure about the 1st 2 names...but if so...I may be the reason why).

In a few threads recently I was pointing out the worthlessness of those flags so maybe they just decided to put more valuable items in the containers instead.

1st thing to understand is they do not stack with ANY other signals/skills/upgrades/or ANYTHING ELSE to increase their value.

They are 10% of the post battle cost which at T10 is worth 18k credits (10% of 180k credits)... & they only get worse from there...

12k at T9 & I don't have any of the lower tier post battle costs memorized but again...all below T9 is less that 12k credits of value for that signal & 18k at T10 is the max...ever...period.

As for the 1st bold part...grats...as they're credit equivalent when converted from coal price (compare credit/coal conversion with 2ndary signal prices...3200 coal = 960k credits... 960k credits divided by 20 signal in the bundle) is 45k credits each in the armory...

That's right...anybody that has ever bought those signals for coal in the armory has given 45k credits worth of coal for each 1 to only ever get 18k credits value out of them at the very most.

1st I've heard of this...& TY WG for at least increasing the chances of getting some actual valuable (combat enhancing) signals in containers instead of those worthless POSs).

As for the2nd bold part...I choose to laugh.

Well yea... that's what I expected, to be able to laugh at the official explanation that it is for our own good, by making the chance of getting more valuable flags higher.

While of little good being free you could at least get some for free. As you point out to actually buy them is a fools errand. However WG does know that fools and their money are soon parted... and that there's one born every minute.

[RLGN]
Members
18,669 posts
33,718 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

1st I've heard of this...& TY WG for at least increasing the chances of getting some actual valuable (combat enhancing) signals in containers instead of those worthless POSs.y

Most sense about the ‘why’ of removal I’ve heard so far.

Never really thought that deeply about them; they’ve always just been ‘one of the five basic Eco signals.

Guess I’ll spend them down to what I consider a minimum, (25,) and then they’ll just be a file slot unless they’re completely removed in the future.

Members
1,840 posts
20,141 battles

BTW... here's one of my favorites.

Why don't blind people go sky diving???

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

It scares the hell out of the dogs.:Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,830 battles
12 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

BTW... here's one of my favorites.

Why don't blind people go sky diving???

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

It scares the hell out of the dogs.:Smile_child:

Here's one of my most recent favorites.

I surprised my parents having sex the other day...

v

v

v

v

v

v

They asked me, "Where did you learn that?!?!?".

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,830 battles
20 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Well yea... that's what I expected, to be able to laugh at the official explanation that it is for our own good, by making the chance of getting more valuable flags higher.

While of little good being free you could at least get some for free. As you point out to actually buy them is a fools errand. However WG does know that fools and their money are soon parted... and that there's one born every minute.

Actually...unfortunately the real reason is probably to provide a scarcity of them so people mad rush to buy them...

For 45k credits worth of coal each in the armory.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,344 posts
10,169 battles

i don''t use them every bout, but I do consider them valuable. They can make a fight break even financially. Learning where they are most effective is part of it.

Very effective on low tier carriers for me, specifically. And in other mid-tier situations. But certainly at low tier, or low service threshold, it is wiser to hold it.

I think they should keep them, make more of them, make them cheaper. Start using that particular buff in MORE places. I would consider giving up a consumable slot to lower service fees.