You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

Since Sub is coming to random, how about remove sub from Rank?

8 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
278 posts
5,998 battles

I believe WG collect a lot data (more than enough) from rank and coop in this 0.10.8.

Considering there are only 4 day left for sub-free random match, I do hope to be able to play a sub-free rank match in next update. 

At least, player shall be able to choose play with sub or not; or enjoy one month long break.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
5,627 posts
15,765 battles

I haven’t played ranked in nearly four weeks. The combination of not having much to grind at those tiers, sub play/counter play feeling unpolished, and the hit-or-miss nature of getting a sub captain who knows how play at least competently sapped the enjoyment out of the mode.

Maybe the effects will be less noticeable in a 12v12 format, but I’m not especially hopeful.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,327 posts
21,988 battles
12 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

I believe WG collect a lot data (more than enough) from rank and coop in this 0.10.8.

Considering there are only 4 day left for sub-free random match, I do hope to be able to play a sub-free rank match in next update. 

At least, player shall be able to choose play with sub or not; or enjoy one month long break.

It is possible and likely that some ranked seasons may not have subs. I suspect they will rotate them in and out like they do with CV's.

Will have to wait and see.

[SALV0]
Members
581 posts
2,304 battles

Well it's definitely sucked a lot of the fun out of my favorite game mode. Haven't played randoms in a while because of the horrible player base.  So I think it's only fitting that they unleash them in randoms enjoy!  They will now get the feedback they deserve.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
446 posts
42,760 battles

Them (WG) offering up free rental subs is stickly there to massage their own spreadsheets to allow them to say "Subs are popular".

Try this, when you offer free 'rental subs', give the option to take the coal instead.

Then feed you spreadsheet with the results.

I dislike seeing WW2 subs (they are 'boats' not ships) with 60's & 70's propulsion and torpedo guidance tech.

The World of ASW is extremely boring to play.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
14,491 posts
9,270 battles

I don't care about Subs in Ranked, but what about returning to the odd tier spread? If anything is spoiling for me this Ranked season, it is the frequent CVs...  friggin' Kagas are omnipresent. 

Edited by ArIskandir