You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
t0uk14

Season 15 of Clan Battles

35 comments in this topic

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,880 battles

Dates:

This next season of Clan Battles will start on November 17th, and end on the 3rd of January next year

Format:

Like previous seasons, this will be as 7v7 battles, this season being Tier 10 ships

Restrictions:

• Aircraft Carriers will no longer be allowed in battles
  • There can not be more than 2 Battleships per team
  • The team can not include 2 of the same ships.

To diversify the format and to shake up the existing Clan Battles gameplay among Tier X ships, we decided to hold a new season without the Aircraft Carriers. In future seasons, Aircraft Carriers will be available in Clan Battles again.

Further details on 15th Clan Battles season will be announced later.

I think this is a great CB season this season (huge upgrade from this past one), no CVs and no Petro spam. What do you guys think?

Edited by t0uk14

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
125 posts
12,766 battles

-I am happy about the no more than 2 ship rule. People have been asking for that for a while; kind of a two birds with one stone kind of issue.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles

No CVs: already off to a good start. 

Tier 10 again: personally I’d like to see a full season at something besides t10. I’d especially love to see something at t5 or 7, or even t8 with the current and proposed changes (no CV, ship bans and limits, even the no duplicates change if they feel it’s necessary). But at this point I think we’ll all say at least it’s not more t6.

No duplicate ships (I assume combined with the other ship ban option if necessary): that could definitely lead to some interesting ideas. There will still be optimal comps that all of the high tier leagues will run, but expressly limiting duplicates will force some other ships to get used. 

• Cool 2

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,880 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

No CVs: already off to a good start. 

Tier 10 again: personally I’d like to see a full season at something besides t10. I’d especially love to see something at t5 or 7, or even t8 with the current and proposed changes (no CV, ship bans and limits, even the no duplicates change if they feel it’s necessary). But at this point I think we’ll all say at least it’s not more t6.

No duplicate ships (I assume combined with the other ship ban option if necessary): that could definitely lead to some interesting ideas. There will still be optimal comps that all of the high tier leagues will run, but expressly limiting duplicates will force some other ships to get used. 

T8 would be pretty interesting I have to say. However T5 I really disagree with, and T7 would just be Belfast spam, I don't want to see that...

[SALV0]
Members
581 posts
2,307 battles
1 minute ago, t0uk14 said:

T8 would be pretty interesting I have to say. However T5 I really disagree with, and T7 would just be Belfast spam, I don't want to see that...

I would mind any tiers because they're limiting ships 

[SALVO]
Members
27,765 posts
39,208 battles
41 minutes ago, t0uk14 said:

Or Belfast could just be banned from the beginning, like Graf Spee was this season.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,370 posts
36,623 battles
2 hours ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

-I am happy about the no more than 2 ship rule. People have been asking for that for a while; kind of a two birds with one stone kind of issue.

It's actually no more than 1 of any specific ship which is even better imo.

The "2" is no more than 2 BBs.

[-YKD-]
Members
104 posts
28,513 battles

If there's any chance that faux glorious hallucination of stalinium aircraft carriers won't be playing, then you can automatically discount it. Gotta have something to sell to proles w/ broken dreams. 

Ryujo strong, banned. Double Serov? doubly strong, but not banned! See, the trick is this, make sure CB has some gimmicks to ban stuff, then introduce fakeaf trotsky dreambote, make money, then be op team. 

So expect broken CB up next again with whatever shiny fake russian cv being broken.  

Edited by SPAPtasticles

[LANCE]
Members
1,026 posts
7,464 battles

I’ll be interested to see what ship lineup becomes the meta! Will Kearsage (sp?) be available then? You’ll still have the availability of 4x 12 km radars too … Stalingrad, Moskva, Petro and Nevsky. 

• Cool 1

Members
860 posts
20 battles

Some great rules this season.  Tier 10 again, but with no CV's and no more than one of any ship it should be relatively fresh, and with plenty of scope for interesting line ups.  A smart move by WG after the mistake of having another tier 6 season, a tier which just does not work for CB's.

I can't wait to play Ragnar for the season!

[WOLFC]
Members
5,674 posts
15,855 battles
9 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’ll be interested to see what ship lineup becomes the meta! Will Kearsage (sp?) be available then?

Kearsage is tier IX.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
293 posts
11,213 battles
16 hours ago, SPAPtasticles said:

If there's any chance that faux glorious hallucination of stalinium aircraft carriers won't be playing, then you can automatically discount it. Gotta have something to sell to proles w/ broken dreams. 

Ryujo strong, banned. Double Serov? doubly strong, but not banned! See, the trick is this, make sure CB has some gimmicks to ban stuff, then introduce fakeaf trotsky dreambote, make money, then be op team. 

So expect broken CB up next again with whatever shiny fake russian cv being broken.  

double serov isnt as strong as double ark royal this season. Ryujo was however.

[LANCE]
Members
1,026 posts
7,464 battles
5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Kearsage is tier IX.

Thanks mate! I was wondering if it’d be used for spotting (with planes) to make up for no CV. That answers that question though :cap_like:

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
19 hours ago, t0uk14 said:

Can't be Belfast "spam" since you couldn't bring but 1 of them?   

Members
873 posts
14,547 battles

Daring + Vampire II,  Shima + Hayate, Smalland + Halland  If you wish to run those comps, basically same ships.

Salem + Des Moines, I'm sure someone here could cite a complete list of comparables to negate the one each.

I like the idea, though, of no duplicate ships. I hope it shakes things up.  

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,880 battles
14 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

Daring + Vampire II,  Shima + Hayate, Smalland + Halland  If you wish to run those comps, basically same ships.

Salem + Des Moines, I'm sure someone here could cite a complete list of comparables to negate the one each.

I like the idea, though, of no duplicate ships. I hope it shakes things up.  

Well there are some must have ships: Smaland, Petro, Des Moines, Kremlin

For the second DD it could be Kleber, Marceau, Yue Yang (for smoke strats), pretty much anything comp viable.

The empty cruiser slot(s) could be Salem, Venezia, Nevsky. Basically you want a DPM cruiser

Other BB slot would probably be Conquerer, Ohio, Colombo, and even Yamato because of her overmatch

[ARR0W]
Members
5,758 posts
31,304 battles
21 hours ago, t0uk14 said:

The rule for the upcoming season limiting teams to only one of any ship would mitigate this, or Belfast could be outright banned. I’d prefer seasons of T7, T8 or T9 to T10. Alternating a no CV season with CV seasons would be a pleasant change as well. 

Members
84 posts
9,037 battles
23 hours ago, t0uk14 said:
  • Aircraft Carriers will no longer be allowed in battles

Long overdue.

23 hours ago, t0uk14 said:

In future seasons, Aircraft Carriers will be available in Clan Battles again.

Can we not?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BIG_E]
Members
654 posts
5,115 battles
21 hours ago, Merc85 said:

It's actually no more than 1 of any specific ship which is even better imo.

The "2" is no more than 2 BBs.

well, that's an interesting concept being tried out by WG. Hope they don't ban any ships then.

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,880 battles
6 hours ago, I_Am_Mashed_Potato said:

Long overdue.

Can we not?

Yea... I guess we have to savor this season while it lasts.

Hopefully WG will listen to our feedback and like remove CVs from CBs in general. I have some hope for them since they've been taking some small steps in the right direction recently.