You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NavySWO

Attracting and Retaining New Players

5 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
Members
630 posts
24,638 battles

Wargaming is ignoring a potentially huge marketing segment are we are all suffering as a result.  It costs a lot of money for Wargaming to attract new players; and, they are doing little or nothing to retain them.

I have seen most new players quit and never return long before they reach 200 battles.  New players are the lifeblood of this game; and, there seems to be little or no real attention paid to getting them invested and interested in learning more on the road to becoming a long term player.  I have already suggested that newer players should be encouraged to join clans for training and better indoctrination into the game.  This gets players invested into a community that can help them develop faster and with a better appreciation of the game and its elements.

What about having a form of clan battles that is just for the lower tiers and restricted to players that have not reached level 15?  

Just spitballing here...but new players that stick around are getting pretty scarce.  If Wargaming continues to ignore it our just throw out vague marketing blurbs it is unlikely this trend will change.

Wargaming...we all know you crave money...there is money here...come to the potential revenue...you can do it!!!

[WORX]
Members
14,805 posts
21,241 battles

I think that  WG will do what WG whats to employ and accomplish...

SO far... They're convinced the revenue path leads them to other avenues...

Until that changes anytime soon, they will not make any changes...

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,498 posts

You, like everyone else is a number on a server . Once your number populates a purchase the company wins And moves on to the next number. I understand the concept of keeping the doors open for business  its when you milk the player base with all the extra fluf it really boils down to greed instead of actual good business. 

Edited by Versili

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
29,293 battles

I disagree. Check people's stats in battles, not to stat shame but just to view the number of battles. I find, in trying to fill my clan, that the majority of players are either really new or really old. There isnt a lot of in between. I think retaining veterans players might be a higher priority.

[SOCOM]
Members
809 posts
26,847 battles

I have played for over 5 years and quit along with a group of friends the day the Steroid Subs (SS) were ramrodded on us.   NB participation dropped hard when Some of us that do not believe (SS) belong in the game had to walk away. 

Just watching now from the sidelines. 

• Funny 2