You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mariandavid

List of key commands and functions

18 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
19 posts
337 battles

Apologies if exists somewhere else but as a neophyte here could someone post a complete list of key commands? Including the obvious such as 1 and 2 for AP and HE.

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

There are a few more not listed under F1. 

The ones I use a lot that aren't (at least they didn't used to be) shown are:

• Ctrl - X =  Which locks your main guns to a fixed position (port, starboard ect.) on your ship. Hitting X will unlock them. 
  • Shift - X = Which locks your main guns to a fixed position on the map. Again hitting X will unlock them.
  • P = Disables/Enables your AA guns. Useful to stay hidden from planes, especially in DD's.
  • Ctrl - Left Mouse Button = Locks your secondary guns on a specific target. Works for targeting planes or ships. 

EDIT: Here's a Video that iChase just did explaining all the controls in WoWS. I recommend everyone check out his channel, he has lots of good tutorials for new players and experienced alike.

Edited by Chisum
  • Cool 5

Members
2 posts

Hi.I have a problem,i have  search`d the web and the forums and couldnt find any answers.My problem is that i cant use the CTRL key to "

• Ctrl - Left Mouse Button = Locks your secondary guns on a specific target. Works for targeting planes or ships. " or to ping the map ... to show positions on the map.I tryd to reset the controls to default and still nothing,i tryd to bind the controls differently and still dosent wanna work.It did work until 2-3 days aggo, i think since the last Patch it`s not working anymore.Can anyone please help me it`s really frustrating not to be able to lock your secondary guns or AA to focus what you want,or not beeing able to show positions on map.

Thx to anyone that trys to help me.

Edited by daly_ro
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,458 posts
9,137 battles

Hi.I have a problem,i have  search`d the web and the forums and couldnt find any answers.My problem is that i cant use the CTRL key to "

• Ctrl - Left Mouse Button = Locks your secondary guns on a specific target. Works for targeting planes or ships. " or to ping the map ... to show positions on the map.I tryd to reset the controls to default and still nothing,i tryd to bind the controls differently and still dosent wanna work.It did work until 2-3 days aggo, i think since the last Patch it`s not working anymore.Can anyone please help me it`s really frustrating not to be able to lock your secondary guns or AA to focus what you want,or not beeing able to show positions on map.

I had the same issue, because I tried rebinding the P key. I found that I could no longer use crtl / left click too focus AA/ secondaries. I had too reinstall the client and now works perfectly.

Beta Testers
7 posts
192 battles

Is there a keyboard control layout? The one in game is good, just would like to print a template

thanks in advance

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

I'm having this very same problem right now.  It did work but no longer. It doesn't work on 2 different keyboards so I know it's in-game. Did you figure anything out besides the complete reinstall? This will be time consuming for me also.

Thanks in advance.

Q

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

I'm having this very same problem right now.  It did work but no longer. It doesn't work on 2 different keyboards so I know it's in-game. Did you figure anything out besides the complete reinstall? This will be time consuming for me also.

Thanks in advance.

Q

After seeing this discussion I too had to reinstall but it now works (CTRL+Left Mouse to lock secondaries or AA).

Q

Beta Testers
1,517 posts

Remember, there is more than one control panel layout under F1, across the top for more commands and controls for what section you want.  But watching YouTube tutorials can be invaluable to learning how to properly execute them as well.

Ship Comrade is another very good site for this.

Members
2 posts
797 battles

I know alt brings up stats, ie, health, distance, player name and ship type but is there a way to lock it so its always there instead of having to hold down alt?

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

I hope you find this helpful: List of Mouse and Keyboard Commands.

I know alt brings up stats, ie, health, distance, player name and ship type but is there a way to lock it so its always there instead of having to hold down alt?

Yes there is.  For a brief explanation follow the link.  For a long explanation read View Basics. There is a link to it in List of Mouse and Keyboard Commands.

Members
15 posts
155 battles

Thanks in advance.

Q

Go into the game directory find and delete the preferences.XML file.

This will force the game to make a new one and should fix your problem, though you'll have to completely redo any settings changes you made.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

Go into the game directory find and delete the preferences.XML file.

This will force the game to make a new one and should fix your problem, though you'll have to completely redo any settings changes you made.

If it happens again I'll def do that. ty