Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EliZacharias

Start of Day 2 for me and a few questions

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Played my first 9 plus games last night after downloading and I must say this is a very easy game to get started with.  Not necessarily easy to play, but easy to get going.  Its a truly beautiful presentation graphically and I enjoyed myself more than I have with any navy game in quite some time and that's saying something because I'm a navy, naval ships, games junkie.  (Also played WoT and certain tank and plane games waiting for this to be accessible or buy into-able.)

A few questions:

The "V" control default in controls says "quick view camera"  It doesn't seem to do anything in a variety of circumstances ingame (ship view, firing view, with target  locked etc) Does it work or am I missing its functionality?

Where do these cool alpha and beta tester siggies come from?

The default settings were all at medium. Is there a setting guide or explanations/suggestions thread/help somewhere?  I ran up the LOD detail and draw distance like in WoT and turned on small animations while turning off collision avoidance but any other recommendations to raise or lower

and even though I bought the Sims to get into this, I'm guessing the recommendation here is the same as wot?  ie: wait until I have that tier in a regular ship before putting in a tier VII into a match?

Thanks

Edited by Elias129

Beta Testers
48 posts
791 battles

Who knows what "V" does, it sounds like it's describing the "Z" functionality, where the camera follows the shell.

Sig makers can be found in some of the general discussion threads, or you can just make your own design of sigs.

There's one setting that you may want to turn off, the "auto land avoidance" thing, where it would automatically turn your ship if it comes too close to an island. However, you may want to leave it on if you leave your controls unattended a lot.

For premium ships, you should get some experience in the lower tier destroyers to get the hang of it. The Sims is slightly harder to play with its torpedoes, since their range is quite low for the tier. It often snipes from a range of 10km since it has that amazing rate of fire and turret treverse.

Good luck in the battlefield :honoring:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Thank you for the advice and good luck to you as well!

Another question or so: when I was going over control settings, I noticed that "x" was listed as reticle lock.

Is it a lock feature or unlock now?  

I ask because it seems to unlock turrets now instead of the other way.  Is that an accurate observation?

I rebound my x key (lock reticle) to mmb and I think it will work there either way.

I've just started using control x and found it very helpful as I hope shift x will be in dealing with vanishing destroyers and smoke. 

Edited by Elias129

Beta Testers
48 posts
791 battles

Yep, x locks your turrets, similar to how x locks your vehicle in world of tanks. Since your turret is locked, basically your reticle is also locked.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Thanks again!

Is there a way to alter the loadout order of your shell or which loads by default at the beginning of a match?  ie: I'd like to see AP getting loaded by default instead of HE.

Beta Testers
106 posts
79 battles

Thanks again!

Is there a way to alter the loadout order of your shell or which loads by default at the beginning of a match?  ie: I'd like to see AP getting loaded by default instead of HE.

I'd like to see this too. My guess is it might be possible to alter once they implement the ability to purchase and mount consumables and ammo. :unsure:
  • Cool 1

[TCC]
Beta Testers
51 posts
21,945 battles

I think it would be nice to have specific load outs for what shell you want to start with too depending on what ship you're playing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Day 3-4 for me and while I'm still working out learning manual torpedo drops, I think I've rediscovered how I used to play CVs in Navyfield a long time ago

xYlguZv.jpg

and I like the coin you get from playing this way too

yI7Wndv.jpg

2nd non co op CV fight for me so I'm liking the result 

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Just hit player level 6 and found "upgrades"... worth it and how far up the lines do they carry over?  

It says the are "demountable" but does each upgrade change as you get higher tier making the upgrades at prior tiers worthless? (there are tier limits of this sort in wowp is why I ask)

Beta Testers
256 posts
180 battles

Thanks again!

Could be the same way as in WoT's.  On the main screen, the screen with the battle button.  If you hit the type of ammunition you want loaded the box will have a yellow boarder.  The other two white.  The one with the yellow boarder is loaded in.  I do not have WofWS so I do not know if it works the same way.

Sorry this^ was incorrect.

Keep asking questions, because they most likely will be the same ones I will ask!!!:)

Good Hunting and Good Luck On The Sea's

Edited by riff_

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

ok here's one: does the speed of your ship affect whether you are spotted or not?  I was thinking that maybe faster moving ships leaving larger wakes in the water might be easier to spot?

Sign in to follow this