You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Max_Mayhem

"Seasoned Commanders"

9 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
20 posts
5,534 battles

How's this for a commander skills idea?

Very few (primarily "store-bought" from the Armory) commanders are seasoned, in which they have certain specialties contained in their skillset.

What if, every 5 skill points (or so), you include "specialty" points, which would allow up to 4 specialty skills for a 20/21-point commander? 

Current commanders in the game would be updated, while any future commanders from the Armory would have these points awarded based on how many skill

points they come with. (5-point=1 specialty, 10-point=2, etc). This would allow players to enhance a skill they feel would be useful to them, instead of the

"cookie-cutter" specialties, which appear based on nationality, which you would either fit the commander to a ship that utilizes at least the majority of his specialties,

or disregard the specialties altogether. These specialties would be limited to a mastered skill, and would be similar to "double-spec'ing" in that skill. This way, a 6-point

commander cannot specialize in a skill that requires 4 skill points. It would also allow modifications to the specialization when a player re-spec's his/her commander.

I understand it would take a while to work out the mechanics and programming of such a feature, but in the long run, I think it would be worth it for the players, as well as WG.

• Cool 5

[WG]
Developers
129 posts
93 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Mayhem said:

Very few (primarily "store-bought" from the Armory) commanders are seasoned, in which they have certain specialties contained in their skillset.

What if, every 5 skill points (or so), you include "specialty" points, which would allow up to 4 specialty skills for a 20/21-point commander? 

Current commanders in the game would be updated, while any future commanders from the Armory would have these points awarded based on how many skill

points they come with. (5-point=1 specialty, 10-point=2, etc). This would allow players to enhance a skill they feel would be useful to them, instead of the

"cookie-cutter" specialties, which appear based on nationality, which you would either fit the commander to a ship that utilizes at least the majority of his specialties,

or disregard the specialties altogether. These specialties would be limited to a mastered skill, and would be similar to "double-spec'ing" in that skill. This way, a 6-point

commander cannot specialize in a skill that requires 4 skill points. It would also allow modifications to the specialization when a player re-spec's his/her commander.

I understand it would take a while to work out the mechanics and programming of such a feature, but in the long run, I think it would be worth it for the players, as well as WG.

Oh, so like the current unique commanders who have enhanced versions of certain skills, but instead of having those predefined you want to have points and choose which skills are enhanced?

[TWE]
Beta Testers
376 posts
1,989 battles
1 hour ago, Ev1n_NA said:

Oh, so like the current unique commanders who have enhanced versions of certain skills, but instead of having those predefined you want to have points and choose which skills are enhanced?

In so many words, yes. That is what he's getting at.

Could be an interesting idea. Especially if lets say, you have to apply the same amount of points to improve it as you would to unlock it in the first place. So a 1pt skill needs one specialty point and so on. 

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,099 posts
47,963 battles

I just add black pepper, paprika, and a pinch of thyme to all my captains. Then they are 🔥 with a hint of slow burning desire.

"We have all the thyme in the world."

[SOUP]
Members
9,218 posts

It would certainly make having all these captains stored away worth having

[WPORT]
Members
12,340 posts
16,594 battles
On 9/6/2021 at 3:02 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I just add black pepper, paprika, and a pinch of thyme to all my captains. Then they are 🔥 with a hint of slow burning desire.

"We have all the thyme in the world."

Are you cooking with gas or what?  :Smile_teethhappy:

On 9/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, Max_Mayhem said:

On 9/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, Ev1n_NA said:

"Rolling your own" special Commander with enhanced skill performance?

Sounds like a "research bureau" idea?  

Should cost extra CXP plus research bureau points?

[WPORT]
Members
12,340 posts
16,594 battles

:Smile_teethhappy: