You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

It's All Happening on Today's Stream — Special Q&A and Big Announcements!

26 comments in this topic

[VIGIL]
Members
579 posts
8 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Oh wow. That match up was worth clicking the link. Just a scroll down lol. 

Does that say what I think it says?!?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
276 posts
11,065 battles

If you ask a question of any importance instead of softball ones, they will ban you in a heartbeat. Who was that WGing employee who posted a pic of his ban hammer?  

• Meh 1

[OGF]
Members
1,133 posts
37,682 battles
1 hour ago, Dudefella said:

Does that say what I think it says?!?

I was just about to ask that very same question!  :D

[BB35]
Members
143 posts
2 hours ago, Lone_Eagle_Texas said:

What??  No discuss in forum on the so call apology!!!!  Don't you want to hear from us????

Ooh no. There's a whole standalone thread about it:

Members
10 posts
17,719 battles

They closed it about an hour ago, they have heard all they wanted to hear and don't want to hear anymore.  

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
17 minutes ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

subject went to the lootboxes and WG got strangely hush hush about everything.... then the thread closed after a minor at best deviation from its main topic. 

Yep, and that deviation (the Oklahoma discussion) actually ended up being basically self-moderated by myself and @SkywhaleExpress back on course, as we realized thread derailment was occurring (shoutout to @CaptHarlock_222 for making the alternate thread for us to continue the other discussion and @steelrain97 for basically pointing out the thread derailing at the time, thank you both!).

When I came back after about an hour or so after this, the thread had been locked! and apparently lootbox discussion was in effect, so I don't know WHY that really resulted in thread derailment....But honestly, I would think that lootbox discussion falls under the category of "monetization", which was CLEARLY discussed in the WG apology in the first place. Very odd to shut down the thread due to that, as there's literally zero reason to have shut it down over the previous discussion, which was clearly ended and the chat had moved on....

On 9/2/2021 at 10:01 AM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm more curious about what insulting or dismissive thing is going to come out of Sub_Octavian's mouth next, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

*sighs* He's like the Rian Johnson of WoWs, seriously...

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
48 minutes ago, Kevin_Johnson_1 said:

They closed it about an hour ago, they have heard all they wanted to hear and don't want to hear anymore.  

Literally this. I can think of no other viable reason...

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,467 posts
22,127 battles
Just now, SaiIor_Moon said:

Literally this. I can think of no other viable reason...

It was the discussion about them being delisted on Cypress Exchange and then going off topic from there, I think. They didn’t like that bit for sure. I know our part didn’t help, but we did stop and come here. 🤷‍♂️

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
6 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

It was the discussion about them being delisted on Cypress Exchange and then going off topic from there, I think. They didn’t like that bit for sure. I know our part didn’t help, but we did stop and come here. 🤷‍♂️

Oh right, that. Yeah, I just re- read the part there....insinuations, Cypress Exchange yadda yadda, accusations, insulting and such. Dicey stuff. It totally derailed the thread, darn it. That wasn't even remotely us either. Literally 1 entire hour AFTER our discussion lols! That's a shame though...

Beta Testers
216 posts
10,648 battles
5 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Oh right, that. Yeah, I just re- read the part there....insinuations, Cypress Exchange yadda yadda, accusations, insulting and such. Dicey stuff. It totally derailed the thread, darn it. That wasn't even remotely us either. Literally 1 entire hour AFTER our discussion lols! That's a shame though...

Yeah, unfortunate, but that's the nature of the forum. I was kinda looking forward to @Ev1n_NA coming back to re-engage with the discussion too. Hopefully there is some juicy stuff in the stream.

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,956 posts
11,393 battles

Heaven forbid they delete off-topic posts and discipline those thumbing their nose at the import of the discussion.  Easier just to shut things down.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[FOXDN]
Beta Testers
994 posts
5,029 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Heaven forbid they delete off-topic posts and discipline those thumbing their nose at the import of the discussion.  Easier just to shut things down.

Would prolly require more effort the WG is willing to put in. While the apology looks good their past squarely tells people to not buy it.

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
5 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

And after I and Skywhale both self-modded and got the thread back on track(that was the Oklahoma discussion)....but then someone brings up lootboxes and/or Cyprus Exchange like an hour later and boom, "thread derailed", no chance of recovery?

....Yeah, I'm still a bit salty we lost that thread over something like that.

The Moon Princess

WG, probably: "When in doubt, shut it out!"

EDIT: Well, Ev1n opened up a new thread for us, yay!

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
7 hours ago, steelrain97 said:

Yeah, unfortunate, but that's the nature of the forum. I was kinda looking forward to @Ev1n_NA coming back to re-engage with the discussion too. Hopefully there is some juicy stuff in the stream.

This. Please grace us with your presence @Ev1n_NA!!!

Also, Sio Bibble's response to the loss of the thread:

MRW when my family asks about $$$$ from Vandy. - GIF on Imgur

Beta Testers
216 posts
10,648 battles
5 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

This. Please grace us with your presence @Ev1n_NA!!!

Also, Sio Bibble's response to the loss of the thread:

MRW when my family asks about $$$$ from Vandy. - GIF on Imgur

@Ev1n_NA started a new one for us here

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
1 minute ago, steelrain97 said:

@Ev1n_NA started a new one for us here

Thanks!

Happy usagi feliz GIF on GIFER - by Gavinrahelm

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,467 posts
22,127 battles
6 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Sadly, it is WG we are talking about here. Effort and honest work is beneath the company as a whole. Every now and then, we have a few decent community managers or rogue employees that actually care.

Hathore, Muggsy, Tadaah, Niko, Fem, they all end up in better places of employ (hopefully) instead of making a lasting affect. 

We can hope this time is different and all, but trust and verify is still the more realistic approach.

[BTLST]
Members
738 posts
2,738 battles

What power do they have? The power to moderate their game forums and exercise control over their service. No more, no less. Any other power, you give them (whether they want it or not). 

It's an entertainment and (I think) educational product, not a government, economy of any scale, nor a deadly virus roaming the population. And there, you have much more to worry about.

So enjoy it, make recommendations, let others enjoy it, but for your own sake, don't let World of Warships dominate your life or thinking. And if it is, you should consider whether that indicates a problem.

Members
3,544 posts
7,212 battles
19 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Yup I posted that info about  WG being delisted originally.....and then the thread got closed shortly thereafter...sorry bout that...

Edited by dionkraft

[CAAT]
Members
2,576 posts
5,678 battles
14 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Yup I posted that info about  WG being delisted originally.....and then the thread got closed shortly thereafter...sorry bout that...

Oh, Ok then. I mean, it's a shame the thread got locked for that, buuut I checked into that thing you were talking about and that stuff's pretty old anyways (2015 I think?) sooo it shouldn't really cause any issues....weird. Oh well, at least a new thread is open again!

Members
3,544 posts
7,212 battles
10 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Oh, Ok then. I mean, it's a shame the thread got locked for that, buuut I checked into that thing you were talking about and that stuff's pretty old anyways (2015 I think?) sooo it shouldn't really cause any issues....weird. Oh well, at least a new thread is open again!

yes a NEW thread has been launched and more opinions will be posted as it should be...thank you.