You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ccam426

How am i to blame for quiting a game early

15 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
1 post
869 battles

How am i to blame for quitting a game early when it was the game crashing to cause me not to fight in the battle this is [edited] !!!!!!

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
2,329 posts
30,861 battles
4 minutes ago, Ccam426 said:

How am i to blame for quitting a game early when it was the game crashing to cause me not to fight in the battle this is [edited] !!!!!!

Don't take it personally. The game engine simply blames you if you disconnect before dying. It assumes you're at fault, and blames you.

...so show WG how upset you are by getting out your credit card and buying something. That'll show'em.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,385 posts
22,897 battles

The game can't tell the difference between an internet connection going out and someone throwing an MM tantrum and yanking their cable.

• Cool 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
13,451 battles
1 minute ago, Ccam426 said:

The server can't tell if you crashed, or just didn't like your matchmaking and rage quit by yanking the plug out of the wall.

The penalties are relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of things if your just dealing with a once in a blue moon crash, power failure, ISP going dead for the evening, ect...

If this is a constant occurrence, then you've got bigger problems. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,385 posts
22,897 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

The penalties

Aren't really penalties. They're warnings.

[UNHLY]
Wiki Editor
5,545 posts
15,177 battles

The game can't tell the difference between a player that disconnects from the game because of a client or computer crash, and a player that intentionally force quits the game/disconnects their router because they don't like some aspect of the game. And regardless of the reason, it's still leaving your team a player/ship down for the duration you're not in the game. Because of that, it always gives the 'penalty' if someone disconnects from the match.

And the 'penalty' isn't even that big a deal overall anyway. You turn pink for a few games and lose your xp earnings for that specific game. There's nothing in that penalty that prevents you from playing the game if it happens rarely. But if it becomes consistent, then you get actual sanctions imposed -- first a game mode restriction, and if it keeps happening it can result in temporary and ultimately permanent suspensions.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
13,451 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Aren't really penalties. They're warnings.

The actual match you that turned you pink you will earn nothing, and will lose some credits in servicing. Not much in the way of penalties, but there are a few. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,385 posts
22,897 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

The actual match you that turned you pink you will earn nothing, and will lose some credits in servicing. Not much in the way of penalties, but there are a few. 

Huh. Right you are. Alright, that is a penalty, a small one. Being pink itself isn't one though, that is just a warning.

[VIGIL]
Members
579 posts
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

The game can't tell the difference between an internet connection going out and someone throwing an MM tantrum and yanking their cable.

I took a sledge to the CAT5e drop. Is that the same thing?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,385 posts
22,897 battles
1 minute ago, Dudefella said:

I took a sledge to the CAT5e drop. Is that the same thing?

I disapprove of any kind of hammer applied to any kind of cat.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
1,236 posts

you can avoid getting the pink slip and other sanctions by always keeping an eye on the game clock and if you get discoed wait until the game would have ended to reload back in ... this way the system notices your still there playing  and no action will be taken .... 

[-TRM-]
Members
4,568 posts

I stopped worrying about DC's a long time ago. The only time I get them is during tornado outbreaks here where I live.

Once someone cut the pole that carried the fiber optic and that took the ISP about 40 hours to get everyone back up around the clock. The pole only 5 hours and a new fiber optic replacement put in and power etc in 10 hours.

Another time my ISP had a Data center firer and that happened on the particular server stack that contained our service. Poof. Took 6 days for that to come back.

I tether to USB Smartphone as a alternative if that happens again.

[WORX]
Members
14,790 posts
21,241 battles
6 hours ago, Ccam426 said:

Is this the John Pierre White to Gorden Ramsey defense ???

" I didn't cause Gorden to break down and cry like a baby, it was his choice to do so."

[PVE]
Members
9,283 posts
25,820 battles
4 hours ago, arch4random said:

you can avoid getting the pink slip and other sanctions by always keeping an eye on the game clock and if you get discoed wait until the game would have ended to reload back in ... this way the system notices your still there playing  and no action will be taken .... 

Why wait...just reload back in ASAP...makes no sense to wait.

Also...you need to be connected for 75% of the match to not go pink...which is 15 minutes of a full 20  minute match or 7.5 minutes of a 10 minute match.

If you DC at the start you also need to get back in & either 1- move at least 10km (exact amount not disclosed by WG but 10.4km gave me pity XP & non pink & 9.8km gave me pink & 0 XP)/or 2- enter any cap/or 3- hit a red ship with a human controlled ordinance (guns or torps...& I'm sure Airstrikes & Depth Charges has been added to that list)...don't have to cause damage but need to at least hit something. (Note...guessing CVs only needs to fly the 10km with an attack squadron of planes as they have to be launched by a human...but not sure about exact CV parameters).

AA & 2ndaries don't count...even if you shoot down planes or kill a ship with 2ndaries you still get the goose egg (0) for XP & creds if you don't do 1 of those other 3 things.

Members
3,544 posts
7,212 battles

Actually WOWS should have a key which SELF detonates you on purpose. That way you don't get penalized. and no flags rewarded as a cost because its self inflicted.  What could be more simpler and logical. AND no pinky status either.