Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Suggestion that would increase forum use.

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,939
[GOB]
Members
3,183 posts

 

Besides all the Drama this place CAN be extremely helpful , especially for new players.

Not sure if is by design, but every time I leave the forum to go do things like sign in to use a code etc. It seems almost impossible to get back here from there.

I KNOW there is a way but I have been here for years and I just close my browser and relaunch it and it come back here as I set a tab for it.

There are couple of places where I actually see a link for FORUM but not many.

IMHO every page should have links to the internals.  Why they don't is beyond me.

I've built 100s of web sites over the decades and all have proper links ( 99.999999 of sites do. )

In fact SEO is only effective if you do have proper links.

Any new player who clicks on the WOWS game on the WG main site is taken to the game.. services support links to buy stuff but nothing about the forum.

Forum clicks are valuable.

Every game I have played ( AAA) had many many times more activity but they all had links everywhere.

Why not here?

 

 

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

 

Besides all the Drama this place CAN be extremely helpful , especially for new players.

Not sure if is by design, but every time I leave the forum to go do things like sign in to use a code etc. It seems almost impossible to get back here from there.

I KNOW there is a way but I have been here for years and I just close my browser and relaunch it and it come back here as I set a tab for it.

There are couple of places where I actually see a link for FORUM but not many.

IMHO every page should have links to the internals.  Why they don't is beyond me.

I've built 100s of web sites over the decades and all have proper links ( 99.999999 of sites do. )

In fact SEO is only effective if you do have proper links.

Any new player who clicks on the WOWS game on the WG main site is taken to the game.. services support links to buy stuff but nothing about the forum.

Forum clicks are valuable.

Every game I have played ( AAA) had many many times more activity but they all had links everywhere.

Why not here?

 

 

There's a forum link on the WOWS site banner, there's literally a button on every single page. Not to mention a "talk about it on the forums" link after every news post.

image.thumb.png.a70de4976f3395bcc6e4fe5a10be668a.png

I don't think lack of opportunity is the issue.

 

And the reason you get more forum activity for AAA games is because they're way bigger than WOWS ever will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,939
[GOB]
Members
3,183 posts
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

There's a forum link on the WOWS site banner, there's literally a button on every single page. Not to mention a "talk about it on the forums" link after every news post.

image.thumb.png.a70de4976f3395bcc6e4fe5a10be668a.png

I don't think lack of opportunity is the issue.

 

And the reason you get more forum activity for AAA games is because they're way bigger than WOWS ever will be.

I said I knew of that one.

That one is obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles

And why do we need more than one? I know reading isn't the strong point for the WOWS playerbase but I don't think we need forum links pasted all over the site. One easy to find link should be sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
978
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,436 posts
5,739 battles

The only practical way to motivate a group of people to do something is to reward them for doing said thing. 

Or threaten punishment for not doing said thing, but I don't think that will go over very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[-A-8-]
Members
645 posts
24,701 battles

You can access it by clicking on games at the top of the WG browser page. You don't even have to be in ships specifically. Not sure what more you can do for links what with those mentioned plus the ability to jump in from other WG titles.

image.thumb.png.081d9e456bceaaef235e6e056746ca99.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,635
[-TRM-]
Members
4,575 posts

These forums are just a honey pot of sorts for dispensing strong emotions etc.

After the mods take out the trash not much left of these pages to attract newbies. Just WG supported material that does not help Newbie understand what a racket this entire game really is. You could play this 10 years and never finish it unlike any number of other video games built in the last 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts
10 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Just WG supported material that does not help Newbie understand what a racket this entire game really is.

Yep. But that doesn't matter either.
The trend is to do away with forums altogether.
It's an additional cost and concern that the company doesn't need to burden itself with.

Fartnite stopped releasing patch notes, and it was a huge success.
The players don't know what's going on, so they can't complain.
And there's no place for them to complain, except Reddit, and nobody
wants to use that whack site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×