You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GreatWyatt_1

Server stability is garbage.

16 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
3,119 battles

Anyone else experience a severe drop on the quality of the servers? In years past I never had an issue playing this game. Never once disconnected in several years of gameplay. Now, after returning after a short break, It appears as though the game is falling apart. The game is literally unplayable for a NA NY based player with a quality rig  and the fasted internet I can get through my supplier. I play several other games like BDO, Last Epoch and others and never lose connection so it's not my pc. 

Edited by GreatWyatt_1

[BGA]
Members
108 posts
19,493 battles

As much as you don't want to hear it, the issue is likely your setup.  I end up doing a clean install of the game about once a year when I get stability issues.

[O_O]
Members
7,256 posts
18,513 battles

I don't have any issues with server stability.

Members
14 posts
3,119 battles

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing it if someone made it make sense. How is it I can hop on another game and play for hours without losing connection on their servers? To me, it doesn't make sense to say it is my PC when I can hop on any number of other games with online servers and experience no issues? Not being a wise guy, but it genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

[PAT]
Members
225 posts
12,748 battles

Only issue with the server I've had is with the embarassing amounts of desync. Seen some pretty major salt over that in matches.

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
802 posts
12,367 battles

OP - I honestly have no issues. There was a glitch where one would get kicked back to the port screen at the end of matches, skipping the results pages, but I do not think that is what you are experiencing. 
I did have a momentary lag issue for less than a second this weekend, and even that is exceedingly rare. I have a ping near 37 almost always. What is you ping, and does it vary much?

4 minutes ago, GreatWyatt_1 said:

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing it if someone made it make sense. How is it I can hop on another game and play for hours without losing connection on their servers? To me, it doesn't make sense to say it is my PC when I can hop on any number of other games with online servers and experience no issues? Not being a wise guy, but it genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

Server location can play in to this, perhaps those other game’s servers are closer to you - Ping rate might be able to show this.

One would think NY is the location, but I have no idea.

[BGA]
Members
108 posts
19,493 battles
3 minutes ago, GreatWyatt_1 said:

The comparison is the same as saying gasoline burns and so does wood, why can't I put wood in my car.  Games communicate differently than each other.  Just because one works doesn't prove another should.  Same issue with people saying I can stream movies in 4k ultra HD why does my latency suck so bad.  9 times out of 10 if the game is not communicating in a stable fashion it just needs a reinstall.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
410 posts
10,445 battles
7 minutes ago, GreatWyatt_1 said:

By the same logic, it makes no sense that thousands of other players have no issues whatsoever.  Occam's razor applies here.  I would suggest a clean install as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,515 posts
15,041 battles

Regular reboots of your modem and router can help too.

[SCOM]
Members
309 posts
10,391 battles
5 hours ago, Sinsie said:

The comparison is the same as saying gasoline burns and so does wood, why can't I put wood in my car.  .

The Germans did that in WW2.

unnamed.png.fb01eb1ba6b7614ed3b276c7ffc9bd45.png

[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles
7 hours ago, GreatWyatt_1 said:

Anyone else experience a severe drop on the quality of the servers? In years past I never had an issue playing this game. Never once disconnected in several years of gameplay. Now, after returning after a short break, It appears as though the game is falling apart. The game is literally unplayable for a NA NY based player with a quality rig  and the fasted internet I can get through my supplier. I play several other games like BDO, Last Epoch and others and never lose connection so it's not my pc. 

If you haven;t played in a long time... Maybe you dont have your rig setup correctly...

Server wise, WOWS servers are open 24hrs a day 7 days a week.. They're only down for new game patch days.No issues here, none what so ever... Log in, from the time I press start, to lobby is a cool 2min (can't complain).

WOWS client is a lot more sensitive... If you're getting dropped or "kicked out" It can be a lot of things... I would start with installing properly my drivers for

• GPU
  • CPU
  • Bios
  • Anything else you need to update and install correctly.

Its a first step to find out where the problem lays...

GL

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,728 battles

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing it if someone made it make sense. How is it I can hop on another game and play for hours without losing connection on their servers?

It's not necessarily your PC, or on WG's end either.

It's all about the hops, and WG's ISP. I know when I played WoT, a lot of people were having issues. Somebody posted a trace, and things actually went from the NA server, and then all the way to Singapore, before coming back to the US.

Not saying that's it, but it's possibility AFAIK.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,592 posts
19,349 battles

Hmm nope still all good for me. I am in the Pacific NW very fast internet. Sometimes it is the connection path that can suck regardless of your bandwidth.

Ninjaed by skpstr