Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MAJ_DUNDEE

It was a torpedo fest before....now with subs, It's ridiclous

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
55 posts
9,516 battles

The game was over modeled with DD's that threw out torp's that mimic 40 mm anti aircraft barrages. Now World of Warships have introduced submarines, adding to the torpedo circus this game has turned into. I think I can honestly say now that I am a former player..........enough is enough.....I quit

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[IND8]
Members
104 posts
6,278 battles

The sub torps are incredibly easy to juke once you've had some practice doing it, even without using DCP on the ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,704
[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles
19 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

The game was over modeled with DD's that threw out torp's that mimic 40 mm anti aircraft barrages. Now World of Warships have introduced submarines, adding to the torpedo circus this game has turned into. I think I can honestly say now that I am a former player..........enough is enough.....I quit

See you during the Christmas Holidays with the others... Until then

We'll keep the light on for ya...


The game is more gun heavy... No torp DD tops the boards as easy as a BB or cruiser.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[PRVTR]
[PRVTR]
Members
26 posts
8,416 battles

So we had DDs spamming torps, 

CAs spamming torps,

Some BBs with torps,

CVs dropping torps…..

and now subs with torps. 

So this is where you draw the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,210 posts
12,195 battles
41 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

The game was over modeled with DD's that threw out torp's that mimic 40 mm anti aircraft barrages. Now World of Warships have introduced submarines, adding to the torpedo circus this game has turned into. I think I can honestly say now that I am a former player..........enough is enough.....I quit

just play better 5-head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,696
[SGSS]
Members
6,509 posts
44 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

The game was over modeled with DD's that threw out torp's that mimic 40 mm anti aircraft barrages. Now World of Warships have introduced submarines, adding to the torpedo circus this game has turned into. I think I can honestly say now that I am a former player..........enough is enough.....I quit

And they home.  Now its impossible to dodge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[KRAK]
Members
1,677 posts
17,080 battles

Try dodging them with West Va 1941 in Ranked. I got four, and at 3/4 heath was out of game. Got detected, then ship slows down (captain skill allows 10% speed boost if not detected), then here they come, and there was no turning possible. They cureved right in, launched from around a point of land towards me where they turned. DD torps don't come close to that. I know how to avoid DD torps in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,559
[SR-_-]
Members
5,099 posts
47,963 battles
14 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

And they home.  Now its impossible to dodge 

Why do I get the nagging feeling that some players really sucked or never played dodge ball in elementary school?

It is as if players never once thought: "Hey, if I slow down, turn here or speed up, turn there; then maybe I can dodge anything. I just have to shake my butt like Shakira."

I mean, when I see cruisers dodge at long range, they remind me of Shakira. Shaking it like a polaroid picture.

Jiggly butt all the way cruisers. Twerkafestivus maximus: A species of cruiser player. Normally found in World of Warships. Tends to wiggle like it is having an electrical shock therapy applied dance move, coupled with having a narrow butt so small, that 10 of them side by side could clear the locks at the panama canal.

I will love watching that NatGeo documentary when it comes out. Maybe they can call it cheek-slapping week. 

I should host a boot camp for these twilight gamers. maybe toughen them up with sunlight, rain, and heat. Add a few outdoor activities like roman candle fights, wrench tossing at each other, rock hurling games like the Scots do, and even a real hand to hand fight with huge hammers. real hammers, not that foamy crap. Have them Watch Cobra Kai on Netflix. Force feed them meat and not that quinoa stuff that turns them into teddy bears. They will have sleepless nights crying in camp beds thinking about how that broken nose won't look great on instagram. Or how some of them needing 8 EpiPens because they stumbled upon a wasp nest. The sun charred skin of some vampire kids would be so bad, their other kin would hardly recognize them with a tan. Callouses on their fingers and actual bleeding would be normal at camp. Having the boys skinny dip and let the girls watch. All to make them tougher.

After a few red bulls, a few trips to ER, and a few calling their mom about: : " Why they were  they not prepared for the world!?"

Maybe a few turds can become maggots, and possibly a select few grow to be flies that live for 20 minutes in Randoms. 

Who knows, I may find a diamond in the rough. 

maybe..LOL

 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,696
[SGSS]
Members
6,509 posts
3 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Why do I get the nagging feeling that some players really sucked or never played dodge ball in elementary school?

It is as if players never once thought: "Hey, if I slow down, turn here or speed up, turn there; then maybe I can dodge anything. I just have to shake my butt like Shakira."

I mean, when I see cruisers dodge at long range, they remind me of Shakira. Shaking it like a polaroid picture.

Jiggly butt all the way cruisers. Twerkafestivus maximus: A species of cruiser player. Normally found in World of Warships. Tends to wiggle like it is having an electrical shock therapy applied dance move, coupled with having a narrow butt so small, that 10 of them side by side could clear the locks at the panama canal.

I will love watching that NatGeo documentary when it comes out. Maybe they can call it cheek-slapping week. 

Actually it was the only game I was extremely good at.

If the torp is homing on your ship there is no way to avoid it.

So try your shaming on some one else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts

You guys are WEAK!
Every ship now has torps.
Every ship now has planes.
I'm waiting for when I can take my battleship underwater. Now that's gonna be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,057
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,515 posts
15,041 battles
7 minutes ago, z9_ said:

You guys are WEAK!
Every ship now has torps.
Every ship now has planes.
I'm waiting for when I can take my battleship underwater. Now that's gonna be fun!

You can take your battleship underwater now but it is a one time only good deal.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

You can take your battleship underwater now but it is a one time only good deal.

Lol. After I posted I knew that was coming.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,057
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,515 posts
15,041 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

Lol. After I posted I knew that was coming.

Hanging curve ball, I had to swing at it. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Hanging curve ball, I had to swing at it

I deserved it. Didn't think my post through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[PHD]
Members
2,033 posts
7,995 battles
51 minutes ago, Panzer__Monkey said:

So we had DDs spamming torps, 

CAs spamming torps,

Some BBs with torps,

CVs dropping torps…..

and now subs with torps. 

So this is where you draw the line?

Give the torpedo bombers the US acoustic homing air dropped ASW torpedoes? (Code name Fido?)

Also sounds like time to reintroduce the Kitakami, LOL then it will be torp stew not soup.

I have a problem with bot subs, when I start my run over them to drop depth charges, they decide to surface so I waste the depth charges and damage my ship ramming them.

Note to WG, add an oil slick on the surface where the sub sinks.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
135 posts
542 battles
46 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Try dodging them with West Va 1941 in Ranked. I got four, and at 3/4 heath was out of game. Got detected, then ship slows down (captain skill allows 10% speed boost if not detected), then here they come, and there was no turning possible. They cureved right in, launched from around a point of land towards me where they turned. DD torps don't come close to that. I know how to avoid DD torps in comparison.

I dunno, I've found the homing torps to be really [edited]stupid and almost as easy to dodge as destroyer torpedoes. The homing torps don't handle sudden course adjustments or variations in speed very well; there seems to be a bit of a delay before they'll adjust course to hit a target that's suddenly moving in a different way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,185
[WOLFG]
Members
13,710 posts
13,415 battles

On the plus side, torp spotting mission have never been easier.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,360 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

If the torp is homing on your ship there is no way to avoid it.

Wrong ...  use dcp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,185
[WOLFG]
Members
13,710 posts
13,415 battles
6 minutes ago, Ozium said:

Wrong ...  use dcp

Just don't do it so soon that it runs out before the torps arrive and you get a flood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[FE]
[FE]
Members
286 posts
3,622 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Just don't do it so soon that it runs out before the torps arrive and you get a flood.

and those fires you could receive during the process of having the torps fired at you.

Edited by Mason1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[J7B]
Members
288 posts
1 hour ago, Sunrider1991 said:

I dunno, I've found the homing torps to be really [edited]stupid and almost as easy to dodge as destroyer torpedoes. The homing torps don't handle sudden course adjustments or variations in speed very well; there seems to be a bit of a delay before they'll adjust course to hit a target that's suddenly moving in a different way.

Very relative to distance the torps are fired from, what you're driving, and how much speed you're carrying.  A fat  BB doesn't handle sudden course adjustments or variations in speed very well either.  What really sucks, is when 2 or more subs, bot or human, are working together.  Which I'm seeing more and more of.

I've noticed submarine spotting is VERY broken...sometimes you see them, sometimes you don't.  Yet here's a spread of torps fanning out from a firing position close by, with no periscope to be found.  No clue what the rhyme or reason behind sub spotting is (or is supposed to be).

I strongly suspect that quite a few people patting themselves on the back for dodging homing torps...didn't.  They missed because the homing torp/ping function is kludgy as hell.  Driving a sub, I've fired off any number of torps, solid locks, green ping lock, target steaming along with no course changes...and the torps develop a mind of their own.

In ranked, a skilled sub driver who's played careful, kept concealed, kept up a battery charge, is something to be feared.

Edited by juliet7bravo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[CVA16]
Members
7,006 posts
21,490 battles
55 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Just don't do it so soon that it runs out before the torps arrive and you get a flood.

 

Right. You DCP to break the ping and hope the torps don't  hit you anyway. Then the sub pings you again. You have no way to break the ping and will the take hits from the next torps and probable flooding with no way to stop either. Assuming this action isn't happening in a vaccuum, you will probably be set on fire too.

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,438
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts

too many things for dcp to deal with now....  ontop of the already lame fire mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
18 posts
3,406 battles

The problem is DDs not subs, in this game they act like super fast surface travelling subs, sometimes impossible to spot, firing endless torps and the main enemy of battleships rather than other battleships and carriers in reality. Imagine if destroyers ruled the waves in world war 2 all Germany had to do was make 10 DDs and they'd have sunk every battleship in the allied fleet.

Edited by The_Mary_Celeste
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×