You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Question - Why did you purchase the Missouri?

24 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,196 posts

Curious why others choose to get the Missouri?

For me, I didn't get enough XP the first time and, since my grandfather was in the harbor that day

when Japan surrendered, I wasn't going to miss her again.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,333 posts
22,046 battles

Well for me 750k Free XP sounded like a lot but it really was not to hard to do the grind for her. Was a lot of fun. 

[WOLF5]
Members
2,288 posts
16,085 battles

I recall the excitement and anticipation of getting the Missouri with FXP. I had only started in June of 2017 and ground away as hard as I could to accumulate the 750K FXP, which I have commented seemed like "all the FXP in the world" at that time. As also previously noted there were limited use of signals back then ( at least for me) and Dragon signals were like Bigfoot sightings. I also remember the outrage among some as to the concept of a Premium Tier IX ship and arguments that acquirers had to have a Tier IX tier tree ship, etc. Amazing that now Tier IX Premiums are so common and routinely just directly sold and now along with Tier X "Special" ships....

• Cool 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,969 posts
28,285 battles

750 FXP to get the money machine. 

Basically an Iowa wth real life front bulkhead number to tank.

Ironically,  I do better in mushi or jb.

[LOSC]
Members
613 posts

Same as others won (bought) in Santa crate a few years back. But as others the credit system for me has not been that great.

Members
373 posts
13,790 battles

Cos I had free dubs that I'd received and she came up in the first box. Free tier IX premium and it's the Missouri, be silly not to get her.

[GUNNS]
Members
5 posts
8,375 battles

Thought I'd throw this out there. Logged in a couple of days ago, after not having played for about a week( I usually play every day) and I see this Missouri event thing in game with a tab in the armory. I had no interest in it, as I assumed it would be some sort of money grab, I had heard there was one anticipated when  the ship was to be re-released in the next update ( this one). Anyway I open the tab for the hell of it to check it out, and see the random bundle scheme, and I'm like, " Ahh, that's how they're gonna get you". So I go to the tab for the bundle just to see what it is, the first one ( this after I've already figured out you probably have to buy all 41 to get the ship, like everything else they do), And there it was, sitting there.

So I bought it. 

For 1500. first bundle. Only Bundle.

So now I have a Missouri.

Thought it was odd, went into chat to make sure it wasn't a rental or something, but no, it's legit. Then I start hearing about mass CC resignations and community outrage and the past month this and that and blah blah blah. Trying to figure out wha'ts going on, I'm confused, but, I think it's kinda cool I got a Missouri for 1500. I won't be buying any more Missouri  bundles. I certainly will, however, continue to check out their new events and click the tabs, for no other reason than to get the blinking gold nag lights on the left of my port screen to go out...

Edited by ShermansWar
  • Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,803 posts
10,191 battles

A couple of reasons paying to convert most of the 750,000 free xp was worth it. First, I'm a bit of a collector, I collect historical firearms (particularly military ones), and this is almost an extension of that, since I'm obviously not in a position to collect real ships and I'm not quite steady enough in the hands to be really good at models. Second, my USN/Allies account in this game has almost always lagged behind my IJN/Axis account and this was a way to give it a small boost. Third, at the time I did not yet have Iowa (more of that lag, as I already had Yamato on the IJN account by that point), so I was planning on using it to learn how to use Iowa and I did learn some valuable lessons on how that 33 kt speed can get you into trouble faster than it can get you out of it.

All that said, Missouri is actually my least favorite of the Iowa class BBs. In my eyes the thing is a dang glory hog, doing comparatively little to earn it's fame when New Jersey and Iowa did more actual work during the war. Add to that the fact that I'm from Kansas and morally obligated to hold some kind of disdain for Missouri and you get the idea.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

[MAUS]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
13,624 posts
8 hours ago, gbgentry said:

For me, I didn't get enough XP the first time and, since my grandfather was in the harbor that day

To have her for reference for future reviews.

• Thanks 1

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
224 posts
20,257 battles

Got her when she originally came out. Ground out the 750fxp and I've been playing her on and off ever since.

Members
127 posts
38,846 battles

I am done paying an undetermined amount of money to receive one battleship from drop bundles just put it in the tree for whatever amount of the doubloons or premium shop if it's not too much I will buy it if it's too much I won't buy it👀 simple problem solved 👀 I don't like gambling and getting nothing but flags or stupid tokens enough said👀

[WHARF]
Members
805 posts
22,001 battles
8 hours ago, gbgentry said:

buy a nice model, at least its a real thing to look at

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,336 posts
28,415 battles

I got her, for free XP, just to watch Steven Seagal go in and out of the hatches while in port. Then WG nerfed her and she lost my interest. 

• Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
418 posts
23,417 battles
4 hours ago, ShermansWar said:

I certainly will, however, continue to check out their new events and click the tabs, for no other reason than to get the blinking gold nag lights on the left of my port screen to go out...

100% this.

[ARR0W]
Members
5,716 posts
31,240 battles

The first time, because I had ~2 million FXP. 

This time, because it was in the first box. 

MOscreenie.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
29,698 battles

I have the original MO and wanted it for doing credit missions. She is my go-to ship when I need to earn credits quickly. Other than that, don't find her especially interesting other than I actually was on the ship a couple of times when she was in active service. 

[ANRKY]
Members
263 posts
19,293 battles

I got her for FXP towards the end when she was originally released. Missouri was a must have for me because of her history.