Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SilentSorrow

Thank you WG for the balance and the fairness

12 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,508 posts
32,015 battles

I have mentioned over and over again a few simple filters could help match making, they are not hard to put in place either.

Simply put multiple of any ship balance that out. Two of any ship split them, four the same. Its not perfect but its a start it would help some and it doesn't take 4 weeks of development to do it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
708 posts
13,924 battles
1 hour ago, SilentSorrow said:

Only BB and DD and still they have 2 more radars.
Just.... wow....

shot-21.08.28_07.05.31-0208.jpg

It looks pretty fair to me.  If anything you have the more OP team.  You both have Musashi.  The Kita and Soyuz are the 2 other stronger ships in the match.  The Missouri radar isn't a problem.  You DDs just need to play a little smart and stay out of radar range which should be easy because a Missouri can't sneak up on anyone. 

[BSB_1]
Members
320 posts
10,125 battles

Just.... wow....

You'll have more fun playing if you look at it as a challenge instead of venting or giving up because of MM 'fairness'.

Edited by Kenrod_Melrocity

[-VT-]
Members
1,508 posts
32,015 battles

good advise but that doesn't mean it cant be improved just split he Miss very easy

[UNHLY]
Members
3,580 posts
27,054 battles

Just.... wow....

Working as intended Comrade 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,645 posts
16,643 battles
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

good advise but that doesn't mean it cant be improved just split he Miss very easy

They have stated that they believe if they go down the rabbit hole of balancing teams, they won't be allowed to stop.  First its splitting ships, then splitting radar ships, then splitting DFAA ships, then hydro ships, then gunboats vs torp boats, then smoke boats, then this that and the other thing.  They also believe it will increase wait times, but if the balance happens after the teams are already selected, it would have no impact.

Completely incorrect and ridiculous, but that is what they have stated.

That said, I also don't believe it would really make that much of a difference.  If you recognize what the ship can do, it can be avoided.  Might not always be fun being forced into a particular style of play based on the other team, but thats how games work.  You don't go around a corner blindly if you know there is a good sniper in an FPS game, for example.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,353 posts

Fixing matchmaking is completely achievable. The problem is WG is not interested in fixing broken things, only in getting the next premium out.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,508 posts
32,015 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

They have stated that they believe if they go down the rabbit hole of balancing teams, they won't be allowed to stop.  First its splitting ships, then splitting radar ships, then splitting DFAA ships, then hydro ships, then gunboats vs torp boats, then smoke boats, then this that and the other thing.  They also believe it will increase wait times, but if the balance happens after the teams are already selected, it would have no impact.

Completely incorrect and ridiculous, but that is what they have stated.

That said, I also don't believe it would really make that much of a difference.  If you recognize what the ship can do, it can be avoided.  Might not always be fun being forced into a particular style of play based on the other team, but thats how games work.  You don't go around a corner blindly if you know there is a good sniper in an FPS game, for example.

if it would not make much of a difference then no harm in trying it, I think its a start and would made a show of an attempt to do something.

your description of the rabbit hole argument  as being completely incorrect and ridiculous is spot on

[UWANK]
Members
64 posts
6,360 battles
7 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

I have mentioned over and over again a few simple filters could help match making, they are not hard to put in place either.

Simply put multiple of any ship balance that out. Two of any ship split them, four the same. Its not perfect but its a start it would help some and it doesn't take 4 weeks of development to do it.

That doesn't sell boats or gambling, so they don't care.

• Cool 1

Members
96 posts
5,055 battles
8 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

This is the same company that claims "technical difficulties" for things they've been doing for a while. 

This is the same company whose code is so horrific game-altering bugs creep in every. . .single. . .patch.

While I agree it should be a "simple" filter or comparison list, 41 years on this earth have taught me some people can screw up wet dreams and those are usually the people that make decisions.

Sign in to follow this