You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

So, the Missouri "sale" is here

213 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
277 posts
5,839 battles

Check the event here: https://armory.worldofwarships.asia/en/category/event_2

There are... random bundle (1500 doubs each), loot box chain bundle, etc..

Thx for the math, @LittleWhiteMouse

Some loot-box numbers for you all:

• 1,500 doubloons per pull.
  • 41 pulls max to guarantee Missouri
  • 21 pulls on average needed, assuming there's even odds for each reward type. And we have no way of knowing if they've weighted this to skew the numbers.
  • That's $158.76 for the average cost of Missouri (in Canuckistani Dollaridoos), again assuming Wargaming hasn't tipped the scales against you.
  • Or a maximum of $309.96 for the maximum cost of Missouri (again, in Canuckistani Dollaridoos)
  • The nominal price for a tier IX Premium is $97.27 (once more, in Canuckistani Dollaridoos)
  • So to get Missouri for the same price as a tier IX premium, you have to pull her in 12 tries. That's a 29% chance.  This means for every 100 people who loot box gamble, 71 of them are overpaying.  And this is again assuming the odds haven't been skewed.  That 29% can shrink VERY quickly if the other prizes have a higher draw-chance than Missouri herself.

Edited by Lancelot0001
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
262 posts
10,430 battles

So much for that Reddit leak being incorrect information, huh?

Edit: Nevermind on that, as has been stated below, the total number was reduced quite significantly.

Edited by Ghawain

[PVE]
Members
15,011 posts
32,264 battles

Well one thing of note is that while it is still 1500 Doubloons for the Random Bundles for Missouri it is only a total of 41 bundles and not the 75 bundles Flamu was reporting with his screenshots. Looks like the person from WG who told him he was wrong wasn't blowing steam. 41 is a LOT less than 75. That is 61,500 LESS Doubloons to get all bundles.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 12

[WOLFC]
Members
3,659 posts
12,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

But it is incorrect, 41 bundles means that players can only gamble away just short of $250 to get Missouri!

:cap_old:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,011 posts
32,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

It was incorrect. The Reddit leak said 1500 Doubloons p/ bundle and 75 bundles. It is 1500 Doubloons but only 41 bundles. That is a HUGE difference.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 9

[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

But it is incorrect, 41 bundles means that players can only gamble away just short of $350 dollars to get Missouri

41x1500= 61,500 gold. $246.

Giveaway pricing! Compared to a Star Citizen ship. And you can actually play this game!

• Funny 5

[WOLF6]
Members
262 posts
10,430 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It was incorrect. The Reddit leak said 1500 Doubloons p/ bundle and 75 bundles. It is 1500 Doubloons but only 41 bundles. That is a HUGE difference.

Ah hah, much better, I stand corrected. Thank you.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,608 posts
9 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

I am no fan of the way WG handled this....at all.  The MO should be sold directly in the shop. But the leak was REALLY incorrect.

[AZUR1]
Members
277 posts
5,839 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I am no fan of the way WG handled this....at all.  The MO should be sold directly in the shop. But the leak was REALLY incorrect.

Because there were so many negative discussion about the leak (75 bundles), so WG changed it to 41 bundles. Please note all other info include image is same as leak, just the number is different.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,659 posts
12,487 battles
11 minutes ago, z9_ said:

41x1500= 61,500 gold. $246.

Giveaway pricing! Compared to a Star Citizen ship. And you can actually play this game!

:Smile_facepalm: Already edited prior to your post. Apparently I can’t do math.

Edited by Nevermore135

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,498 posts

Looks at the dock from Mo's bridge ..:cap_tea:

I think it's time to go over to my Pommern and actually go have some fun.  Lol. :cap_haloween:

[SLI]
9,608 posts
12 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Because there were so many negative discussion about the leak (75 bundles), so WG changed it to 41 bundles. Please note all other info include image is same as leak, just the number is different.

Maybe.  Either way though, it was wrong.  I am happy it was wrong.  I am not happy it's still being sold this way, but for those that are going to get their wallet out anyway and regardless, I am happy their odds are much better than the leak predicted.

[WOLF6]
Members
262 posts
10,430 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Maybe.  Either way though, it was wrong.  I am happy it was wrong.  I am not happy it's still being sold this way, but for those that are going to get their wallet out anyway and regardless, I am happy their odds are much better than the leak predicted.

Indeed! This will further increase their sales and bring more people to the gambling table, further driving home the point that these bundles work amazingly well for WG.

[SLI]
9,608 posts
11 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

Indeed! This will further increase their sales and bring more people to the gambling table, further driving home the point that these bundles work amazingly well for WG.

I already stated that I disagree with the way WG is releasing the MO again.  I already stated that it should have been sold directly.  I already stated that if people are going to get their wallet out anyway, I am glad their odds are at least better.

Nothing you or I say on this forum, is going to stop people who are going to buy crates, from buying crates.  If your meaning is that it never should have been sold in crates to begin with, tell WG. 

[KAG]
Members
523 posts
25,880 battles

One thing not clear is what do people already owning the OG MO get for the duplicate MO. Is the compensation dubs or ....credits and port slot?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,659 posts
12,487 battles
14 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Given that so much else is correct, the leaked images were almost certainly from an earlier version of the event. WG probably changed this event at the last minute, maybe not in response to the leak, but possibly after the news of MO being in random bundles dropped.

“But see, we listened to your feedback! Now, buy some random bundles, which are totally not lootboxes.”

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,592 posts
19,349 battles

Hmmm interesting. A lot less bundles. Is it still 450 tokens per bundle? The commanders look interesting. Will have to see how many tokens you can get for free. Might be worth getting some of the bundles, will have to wait to see the entire event first.

[PVE]
Members
15,011 posts
32,264 battles
1 hour ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Please provide proof of this claim. Unless you can prove that it is just hyperbole. We don't know they changed anything from the initial plan because of the leak. The REEEEEE guy leaked it and immediately WG called him on it and said incorrect. As it turns out Flamuu was way off. 

I would also just add if they did change this because of all the bull with Flamuu why go to 41 from 75? That is a HUGE drop. If what you are saying were true it would be far more likely to be a smaller change like 65 or 60. Not such a huge one. IMO that lends itself more to they always planned to offer it for that or had already had a change of heart before the Flamuu drama. The fact it is being sold in the Premium Shop for the standard T9 price, which was decided on LONG before the leak, also supports they weren't going to release it as 75 bundles.. 

WG was right this time. Just how it is. Don't make stuff up please.

• Boring 4
  • Meh 18

[WOLF6]
Members
262 posts
10,430 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I already stated that I disagree with the way WG is releasing the MO again.  I already stated that it should have been sold directly.  I already stated that if people are going to get their wallet out anyway, I am glad their odds are better.

Nothing you or I say on this forum, is going to stop people who are going to buy crates, from buying crates.  If your meaning is that it never should have been sold in crates to begin with, tell WG. 

Chill, friend, I was agreeing with you with sarcasm because this is all loony garbage gambling and as you said, nothing we say here will change it. Not now and not with future events. Writing it out makes me feel better though! 

Edited by Ghawain

[PVE]
Members
15,011 posts
32,264 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hmmm interesting. A lot less bundles. Is it still 450 tokens per bundle? The commanders look interesting. Will have to see how many tokens you can get for free. Might be worth getting some of the bundles, will have to wait to see the entire event first.

The Missouri bundles are 1500 Doubloons. Never could get the bundles for Tokens. The Tokens get other stuff (Missouri special camo, various 12pt Captains, Premium ship crates, etc...).

• Meh 1

Members
132 posts
3,168 battles

im ok with the price . Maybe because i had to convert some ship xp to fxp to get it originally .   Did they mention how much itll be if you do the grind ? 

• Meh 1