You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

List top 3 WOWS " Guilty Pleasures " (Fun)

52 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
3,183 posts

Things have been so intense for the past weeks. We all need a break.  

I was talking with two buddies this weekend about it all and one of them brought up this subject.  

We spent a LONG time telling stories and LOAO.:Smile_teethhappy:

That bottle of Scotch may have helped.:cap_horn:

It was fun,  and took our minds off of the RL world problems for a bit.

I'll Start.

3)   Seeing  that member of your own team get DEVSTRUCK after they have been yelling in chat the whole game at how horrible/useless the team is. ( and you win too!)

2)   Topping the board on the winning team and seeing that "chat admiral" who was talking trash to you and saying you are useless and don't know how to play the game " Just wait we see the final score you noob " ends up in 8th place.

1) Dev-striking someone,  then noticing they are on your BLACKLIST!!  ( not sure if that is a guilty pleasure though ) 

Let's all have some fun!:cap_like:

Col Out

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
24,629 battles
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Things have been so intense for the past weeks. We all need a break.  

I was talking with two buddies this weekend about it all and one of them brought up this subject.  

We spent a LONG time telling stories and LOAO.:Smile_teethhappy:

That bottle of Scotch may have helped.:cap_horn:

It was fun,  and took our minds off of the RL world problems for a bit.

I'll Start.

3)   Seeing  that member of your own team get DEVSTRUCK after they have been yelling in chat the whole game at how horrible/useless the team is. ( and you win too!)

2)   Topping the board on the winning team and seeing that "chat admiral" who was talking trash to you and saying you are useless and don't know how to play the game " Just wait we see the final score you noob " ends up in 8th place.

1) Dev-striking someone,  then noticing they are on your BLACKLIST!!  ( not sure if that is a guilty pleasure though ) 

Let's all have some fun!:cap_like:

Col Out

Number 1) is priceless

Number 2) is God's revenge

• Cool 1

[J7B]
Members
288 posts

(a) Low level seal clubbing, zipping around in the crappiest ship you got. 

(b) A...in the BEST ship at that tier you've got, with a high level captain.  Yeah, I know, I'm a small person.

(c) #3...always.  Shame they did away with team killing.  Sometimes, putting a full spread of torps into their sides was pretty satisfying.

(d) Watching your "team" get slaughtered after you've suggested a plan other than "lets scatter across the entire map and die horrible e-deaths one by one" and received the usual trash talk in return.

(e) D...and the other team is just as clueless and you end up the sole survivor with a boatload of kills, credits, and exp.

Edited by juliet7bravo
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,984 posts
7,228 battles

hmmm... I think my guiltiest pleasure is making opponents "cease and desist"...

Usually goes like this:

• I'm gunboating a BB in a DD or Cruiser, after 3 or 4 missed salvos the BB "desists", starts shooting something else and forgets about me while I keep farming at leisure (usually results in -1 karma, tho +1 might happen when you do open water in a fragile cruiser)
  • A cruiser or DD is spamming my BB, I correctly predict/lead my shot and land massive damage on her... the Cruiser goes dark and never bothers me for the rest of the match.
  • A CV comes to drop me a couple times and I make her waste time and planes, never bothers me again
  • I manage to ambush a DD with a cruiser inside its concealment range, no escape, assured kill... the DD quits/afk (presumably in rage)
  • People so mad I outplayed them that come to rage at my port, these are the juiciest.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,651 posts
12,893 battles

My record is the sheer comedy of one near-unicum player who charged my E. Loewenhardt in his Icarus and then spent 20 minutes after the match messaging profane insults at me from an alt account (because his main account was chat banned, I wonder why...) because I'd knocked out a bunch of his modules to trololol stop his torpedo run with disabled torp tubes, rudder, and engine by HE bombs and then got a CQE kill on him at point-blank range for a Kraken. 

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
26,200 posts
20,492 battles
1 minute ago, juliet7bravo said:

Shame they did away with team killing.  Sometimes, putting a full spread of torps into their sides was pretty satisfying.

I don't condone team-killing, but man, there have been some people I really wanted to do it to.

You CAN actually still do it, but now the only way is to drive a BB, CV or big cruiser, and drive one of your own destroyers or small cruisers in front of you as a human shield. And I hate that behaviour even more.

[PVE]
Members
11,290 posts
20,158 battles

1. Boise in Narai

2. Dunkerque in Aegis

3. Weimar in the Armory, because I won't buy it even though I wanted to. I will probably buy it for Narai, but not until I earn the doubloons in game for free. I quit spending cash on this game a while back and won't unless things improve immensely.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,608 posts

I always enjoy the unexpected torp landings.  In my Shima or Somers and launch all the racks at some BB in the far off distance.  Maybe he chops the throttle for no apparent reason or takes an unexpected turn and it looks like they are all going to be a miss.  30 seconds later I am eyeing the map and planning the next target when suddenly....hit, hit, hit, flood, hit, hit, boom.

I had no idea that ship was even there but.....it isn't there anymore. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
2,329 posts
30,878 battles

Well, here I'm called "a worthless player (10:41)..."

...and here a dead team mate tells me to "just die (9:15)..."

There are others, but these stand out to me immediately.

• Boring 1

[O2]
Members
620 posts
11,999 battles

On Brothers, in a fast BB down the channel trying to ram someone...and get stuck on a reef and see this innocent little DD stroll up and insert his torps into your sides.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
32,241 battles

1.  Sinking a tier X CV when in a DD.

2.  Sinking a tier X CV when in a DD.

3.  Sinking a tier X CV when in a DD.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CUDA]
Members
724 posts
9,960 battles

Shoot your guns at a low HP bad guy

Notice the torpedoes a friendly shot a while ago on a collision course with said bad guy

Watch your shells skunk the bad guy just before the torpedoes hit. 

Didn't plan it but c'est la vie...

[J7B]
Members
288 posts
11 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

1.  Sinking a tier X CV when in a DD.

1. Dept charging a sub.

2. Gunning a sub.

3. Ramming a sub.

[WOLFD]
Members
116 posts
7,386 battles

1. Dropping my 21 point Shima commander into a Kamikaze to club low tier BB's while staying unspotted for nearly the entire match

2. Using a CV to keep the opposing CV spotted until sunk by long range BB fire. 

3. Any IJN DD with TRB. Especially fun when you can catch the red team huddled together behind an island.

• Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,592 posts
19,349 battles

1) Being accused of Hacking. 

2) Full secondary build BB's

3) Snowflake events. 

4) High score and never detected IJN DD's

5) ST. Louis

6) Telling an enemy player in the first 60 seconds of the match that I am going to kill them and then doing it. (I do not to this to often a bit to snarky lol)

• Haha 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,853 posts
30,791 battles

3) taking out the low health ship with your secondaries a millisecond before the torps from the hiding in smoke stationary DD strike.

2) ripping a red opponent in ranked a new one when they start blowharding in chat.

1) Killing a full health BB/CA with 5 or 6 cits in one volley.

[BB22]
Members
92 posts
8,307 battles

1. Fujin

2. Clemson

3. Haragumo hammering 300 hits into some hapless spud.

Honorable mention: Atlanta before she was nerfed into oblivion. Truly, the most fun I have ever had in this game... I'm still heartbroken over that ship.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
206 posts
5,206 battles

1. Hackusations 

2. Being reported for my name, and then being messaged by the player after making the report

3. Destroying a ship you weren't actually targeting  

[SALVO]
Members
9,984 posts
7,228 battles
7 minutes ago, YourWifesBoyfriend said:

2. Being reported for my name, and then being messaged by the player after making the report

Is that actually a thing? ... why?... Is not obscene or anything like that

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,341 posts
8,669 battles

Sinking anything with a CV.

Sinking a CV in any other ship ( ok not a "guilty pleasure") 

In a T6 Dutch Cruiser (not gong to attempt the name)  got a 14K Airstrike blap on a DD last night while hiding behind a rock...  Going to say that  was pretty pleasurable and I felt like I needed a shower afterward.  

Honorable Mention - Iwaki Alpha Pre 8.0

Edited by iRA6E

Members
1,340 posts
11,137 battles

1) Isokaze. My little murder boat. I love that thing so much. But it's TIV and thus rarely played now. 

2) Blyskawica before the great DD spotting nerf. Back when you should spam HE for 20 minutes without being spotted. I travelled along side an enemy BB for 5 minutes just raining shells on him and matching his every move. He never had a chance. 

3) Deleting light cruisers in smoke by aiming at their firing position and getting 3 citadels. 

[MAR_U]
Members
497 posts
859 battles

1) Hitting a DD that's in smoke with a torp and being called a hacker (As a cv)

2)Sinking a DD with a torp as a CV

3)Killing a DD as a CV with secondary 

4)killing a dd

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
17,080 posts
30,059 battles
29 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

2) Blyskawica before the great DD spotting nerf. Back when you should spam HE for 20 minutes without being spotted. I travelled along side an enemy BB for 5 minutes just raining shells on him and matching his every move. He never had a chance.

Only time I got justifiably cursed out in chat, I was doing such to FdG or GkF with Akizuki…

…even after they ran behind an island, I was still managing to land some hits.

(-)

As far as a specific incident is concerned;

Sinking a Black, in its own smoke, with a torpedo from my Fletcher.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
24,629 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

) Telling an enemy player in the first 60 seconds of the match that I am going to kill them and then doing it. (I do not to this to often a bit to snarky lol)

Doing this to a clan mate in the red team