Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FCVPI99

World of Warships Keyboard Map version 2.0 and 2.5+

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles

i have bad memory so i had to come up with a Keymap for the game here is version 2.0 with bigger less text and 2.5 with smaller more text and more keys labeled
if you have any additions for keys please comment made with 3Dpaint for clarity (much better then MS paint)

keyboard-layout_WorldofWarships2.0.png

keyboard-layout_blankWOWCOLOR2.5.png

Edited by FCVPI99
added tag
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,704
[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles
12 minutes ago, FCVPI99 said:

i have bad memory so i had to come up with a Keymap for the game here is version 2.0 with bigger less text and 2.5 with smaller more text and more keys labeled
if you have any additions for keys please comment made with 3Dpaint for clarity (much better then MS paint)

keyboard-layout_WorldofWarships2.0.png

keyboard-layout_blankWOWCOLOR2.5.png

Just off the top of my head question... You know you can adjust the key input in your in game settings?

Good job on the labeling and it really is a good visual aide as to what keys are not being use (chance for expanding a concept).

Sorry if I dont see the point.. :Smile_honoring:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just off the top of my head question... You know you can adjust the key input in your in game settings?

Good job on the labeling and it really is a good visual aide as to what keys are not being use (chance for expanding a concept).

Sorry if I dont see the point.. :Smile_honoring:

 

 

yes i know i also map for my personal setup this is more geared to new comers and people that just cant remember like me bahaha

keyboard-layout_WorldofWarships Personal.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles

Only thing I'd argue with are Q and E, they don't turn the rudder any harder than A and D. They lock the rudder, either half (one press) or full (two). But you'll turn at the same rate using A/D and Q/E.

Also the ~ key triggersr priority sector to the side you're looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Only thing I'd argue with are Q and E, they don't turn the rudder any harder than A and D. They lock the rudder, either half (one press) or full (two). But you'll turn at the same rate using A/D and Q/E.

Also the ~ key triggersr priority sector to the side you're looking.

had to call the turns different things half and hard is what they are hard over is wheel turned to its stop thats why it says HOLD half hard
~ key?  O is the priority key

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[FE]
[FE]
Members
286 posts
3,622 battles
Just now, FCVPI99 said:

had to call the turns different things half and hard is what they are hard over is wheel turned to its stop thats why it says HOLD half hard
~ key?  O is the priority key

They are both priority keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
Just now, Mason1984 said:

They are both priority keys.

good to know - il check it out next time i have game open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles
7 minutes ago, FCVPI99 said:

had to call the turns different things half and hard is what they are hard over is wheel turned to its stop thats why it says HOLD half hard
~ key?  O is the priority key

I'd say it's more toggle and hold, but whatever.

Yes, O is the priority, but so is ~/`. There's also keys for left and right priority, but I forget what they are. ~ is the one I use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I'd say it's more toggle and hold, but whatever.

Yes, O is the priority, but so is ~/`. There's also keys for left and right priority, but I forget what they are. ~ is the one I use.

checked game settings
version 2.6 added secondary Priority sector and mini map buttons

keyboard-layout_blankWOWCOLOR2.6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles

i saw in the settings I/i is Consumable 5 but i dont have any high tier ships can anyone confirm is I/i used yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[FE]
[FE]
Members
286 posts
3,622 battles
Just now, FCVPI99 said:

i saw in the settings I/i is Consumable 5 but i dont have any high tier ships can anyone confirm is I/i used yet?

Consumable 5 is key bound to I, but I do not think any ships have 5 consumables at this time.

Same with how there are armaments keybound to 5-8, but they are not used atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
Just now, Mason1984 said:

Consumable 5 is key bound to I, but I do not think any ships have 5 consumables at this time.

Same with how there are armaments keybound to 5-8, but they are not used atm.

i seen that also about 5-8 and i assigned them on my game since the whole 4 problem not being signed when the Netherlands ships were released .. im not sure if i should add them yet or not then .. hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles
6 minutes ago, FCVPI99 said:

i saw in the settings I/i is Consumable 5 but i dont have any high tier ships can anyone confirm is I/i used yet?

Yeah, something like Wooster does. Repair, hydro, heal, radar, and DFAA. R (repair), T (DFAA), Y (Radar), U (Heal), I (Hydro).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[4_0_4]
Members
314 posts
1,926 battles
1 hour ago, Mason1984 said:

Consumable 5 is key bound to I, but I do not think any ships have 5 consumables at this time.

Same with how there are armaments keybound to 5-8, but they are not used atm.

 

1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, something like Wooster does. Repair, hydro, heal, radar, and DFAA. R (repair), T (DFAA), Y (Radar), U (Heal), I (Hydro).

Was gonna say, I know Worcester has all 5.

Edited by rallybackmonkey
Format
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,315
[HINON]
Members
9,327 posts
14,219 battles

what i want to know is, how do you switch from torp to torp after you press Z to track them, i see Youtubers/streamers do that all the time and ive never figured out how they do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLFH]
Members
1,296 posts
4 hours ago, FCVPI99 said:

i have bad memory so i had to come up with a Keymap for the game here is version 2.0 with bigger less text and 2.5 with smaller more text and more keys labeled
if you have any additions for keys please comment made with 3Dpaint for clarity (much better then MS paint)

Excellent work!

Would it be possible to post a higher-resolution or larger image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
7 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

Excellent work!

Would it be possible to post a higher-resolution or larger image?

if you have a larger base keyboard then 5213 x 1671 as thats whats its based on then yes this is the largest blank keyboard map i could find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLFH]
Members
1,296 posts
2 hours ago, FCVPI99 said:

if you have a larger base keyboard then 5213 x 1671 as thats whats its based on then yes this is the largest blank keyboard map i could find 

DOH - my bad.  Right-clicking the image and selecting Open Image or Save Image gives the visible 800 x 256 image. Left-clicking the image gives the original 5,213 x 1,671 image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
329 posts
20,393 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

what i want to know is, how do you switch from torp to torp after you press Z to track them, i see Youtubers/streamers do that all the time and ive never figured out how they do

C

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

DOH - my bad.  Right-clicking the image and selecting Open Image or Save Image gives the visible 800 x 256 image. Left-clicking the image gives the original 5,213 x 1,671 image.

i got worried it down sized it ..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles

Version 2.8
Added Torpedo to Turret View changed some text color added Ver #
 

keyboard-layout_blankWOWCOLOR2.8.png

Edited by FCVPI99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles

Version 2.9 Added Space Return cam to ship and Backspace View Underwater(?)
Ver.3.0 will go back to 2.0 sized text

keyboard-layout_blankWOWCOLOR2.9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,438
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts

perhaps a small suggestion.. for actions that require 2 keys pressed, could you colour them the same...?  for example show X as tricolour in this case, it works alone to change locked target, but ctrl x locks turrets at bearing, and shift x locks at sector....  perhaps colour X with pink for CTRL add a new colour for shift, green mebbe, and blue for "by itself"

so ctrl key stays pink, shift would change to green, and the X key would show all 3 colours indicating the different combinations?

 

not sure what other commands require 2 keys...  off top of my head..

 

i dunno if its as good an idea as it sounds :) 

btw good job, tnx for doing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WOLFX]
[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
3,438 battles
23 hours ago, SKurj said:

perhaps a small suggestion.. for actions that require 2 keys pressed, could you colour them the same...?  for example show X as tricolour in this case, it works alone to change locked target, but ctrl x locks turrets at bearing, and shift x locks at sector....  perhaps colour X with pink for CTRL add a new colour for shift, green mebbe, and blue for "by itself"

so ctrl key stays pink, shift would change to green, and the X key would show all 3 colours indicating the different combinations?

 

not sure what other commands require 2 keys...  off top of my head..

 

i dunno if its as good an idea as it sounds :) 

btw good job, tnx for doing it!

sounds like Ctrl x and Shift X doesnt really do anything ..... why would one want to lock their turrets in my mind the turrets should always be free to move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×