You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

WG, can you please stop making me have to write stuff like this? (Mo Missions)

367 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
15,425 posts
16,311 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I didn't want to have to write this.  It's patently ridiculous that I'm having to wade into this again.  Wargaming, you just keep making this worse.  Alright, from the top.  Here's announcement from Wargaming regarding the Missouri mission:

SH3khH3.jpg

So, this is a lie.  The "technical limitations" boil down to it taking them time; time they don't want to invest.  They add ships to the Armory all of the time, and they don't want to patch her in.

I stress the 'want' part of my statement.  Wargaming wants loot boxes to be the most attractive option for acquiring Missouri.

Consider the options on how to get Missouri for a non-loot-box option.

• STEP ONE:  THE CAMPAIGN
    This is what we were told on the Devblog.  The campaign is a time-gated event that's accessed through the web-portal.  There are seven missions with each mission unlocking every 2 days starting on August 27th.  The earliest you will be able to complete these missions is September 8th with the missions disappearing on the 15th.  Wargaming estimates that it will take approximately 60 battles to complete.  Depending on your game mode of choice, you're looking at approximately 10 to 20 hours worth of game play to complete these missions.
  • STEP TWO:  THE PURCHASE!
    Once you've got all of that time-gated stuff done, you can hop over to the premium shop and buy Missouri for cash. If you already have doubloons on your account and would prefer to spend those, you can contact customer support (shudder!) and complete the transaction that way.

Or instead of all of this fuss, the loot boxes are right there.

From day one.

No wait.

No time gating.

No need to play more games than you're comfortable with.

No need to fuss with dealing with customer support to spend doubloons.

The automated option to spend any kind of currency on loot boxes is right there.

The cringe part of all of this is that Wargaming already knows that if they were to sell Missouri directly alongside the loot boxes, without any of these extra steps to unlock the option of the former, loot boxes would still win out in terms of money spent.  That's how greedy they're being.  These complicated steps aren't really a compromise towards the community; don't mistake them for anything short of the bare-minimum PR stunt that they are.  Wargaming has predictions for how much money this event was supposed to make them and they are doing their utmost to hit that number.  These concessions aren't intended to undermine that number to any significant degree -- that's how little they think of you as consumers.

You want to impress me, Wargaming?  Get rid of the loot boxes. 

I know you won't do that but at least show some base level of decency and stop lying to us.

NWZYgsO.png

Image result for applause gif

• Cool 7

[BNKR]
Members
82 posts
1,726 battles

The technical limitation is so you can't use an armory coupon with it (and for the other reasons LWM pointed out). Don't buy the lies of "it's because of the mission" - it could either be worked around if WG wasn't so lazy OR they could remove the asinine homework assignment all together.

There is no homework assignment to purchase the Pommern, Groningen, Marco Polo, Z-44, Agir, or Azuma that are currently available in the Premium Shop and there shouldn't be a homework assignment required for the "privilege" of giving WG money for the Missouri. Missouri is one of the most iconic and historic warships of all time and quite frankly the way WG is treating it is embarrassing. 

As another member here said: that would be like having to mop the floors of Best Buy before you could give them $500 for the TV you want.

Edited by Discolnferno
  • Cool 23
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[CAPCO]
Members
301 posts
18,114 battles

there are no technical limitations keeping it out of the armory, if that was true you would have trouble adding any fleece-i mean ship to the armory

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Beta Testers
1 post
8,817 battles

World of Warships has become stale and boring. No new modes, no new maps, just more premium ships. Well I'm all stocked up on premium ships. 

• Cool 9

[UNHLY]
Wiki Editor
5,980 posts
16,236 battles
12 minutes ago, Discolnferno said:

The technical limitation is so you can't use an armory coupon with it.

And there's a very easy way to resolve that issue using only systems already in the game. Coincidentally, it also resolves the other issue with adding Missouri for doubloons normally, which is players being able to purchase it without doing the mission.

Have a two-stage sequential bundle, with the first having some sort of tiny reward (some flags or a camo, for example) and the second being Missouri. Have the web campaign give a 'Return of Missouri' event token upon completion, and then make the first stage price one event token and the second 19.5k doubloons. Or if there's some limitation where the sequential bundles have to have the same currency for all options, then make each section for tokens and add a 'purchase X tokens for 19.5k doubloons, limit 1' listing. The same as we've had for recent EA events using community tokens.

The only downside with that is the bundle would be in the same armory tab as the random doubloon options. And then people would see both the loot box option and the direct purchase option.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,767 posts
7,444 battles

I guess when WG decides to bring back Musashi you will have to be able to do a sommersault, run a marathon, go to St. Petersburg and finally send a Morse message at their HQ in Cyprus to exchange your doubloons for tokens that can only be used during a full moon.

Or buy lottery tickets.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 10

Members
18 posts
3,652 battles

Well what can be expected of this company, if how they treated the German Ships trying to render them useless ...
My hatred increases more and more

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,425 posts
20,578 battles

Man I not sure WG can unwind this. They have so many plans and projections based on early release and loot box events. Would love to see them move away from this model but .... I think there is very little chance they will.  If they feel the heat enough to try..... it is going to take some time.

Members
397 posts
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I guess when WG decides to bring back Musashi you will have to be able to do a sommersault, run a marathon, go to St. Petersburg and finally send a Morse message at their HQ in Cyprus. 

Or buy lottery tickets.

With Musashi you will have to open loot boxes for "rental time" 3 days each after you purchase her admiral pack for $140. Each loot box (after you own the ship) will be 1000 dabloons and offer a "chance" to play her for 3 days in coop. 

[BNKR]
Members
82 posts
1,726 battles
3 minutes ago, 0ldRichard said:

The hole just keeps getting deeper all the time.

The first law of holes "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
15,425 posts
16,311 battles
1 minute ago, Discolnferno said:

The first law of holes "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".

It appears some don't believe that.

Image result for dig up thesimpsons

• Funny 10
  • Haha 2

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,019 battles
11 minutes ago, AWSSILENT said:

World of Warships has become stale and boring. No new modes

I thought there was a convoy mode and a axis vs allies one coming. Did they cancel them?

Members
196 posts
7,728 battles

Just when the past month you thought Blizzard was giving a class in everything to do wrong in managing your game's community.

WG steps in.

beer.jpg.22591e941604e529594a48041c541a4c.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1