You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

LWM resigns from the CC Program!

416 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,614 posts
29,208 battles

An update for you all:

In the wee hours of August 12th, in one of the CC-Discord channels in front of everyone, a Wargaming employee decided to contradict me, belittle me and ignore evidence I was providing, all the while barking at me to show them respect.  This is them "communicating better".  It's completely unacceptable were it just an isolated incident.  It's made hilariously bad in that it all but repeats what happened to Chobi and I leading up to the Yukon incident where a Wargaming employee contradicted us, belittled us and ignored the evidence we were providing regarding our work on Yukon.  It took them almost an hour to finally apologize and admit they were wrong in this case, but only after other CCs had to dog-pile onto the situation.

Wargaming has violated our agreement.  It only took six weeks for Wargaming to go back on their word. 

I approached Sub_Octavian in an effort to repair matters.  Given Wargaming's lack of updates on West Virginia, another ship they promised, trusting them to complete Huron is foolish.  I told him that Wargaming has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to honour their word.  I needed a commitment from him to deliver three things:

1. To work on repairing their corporate culture.
  2. To provide regular updates on Huron's progress.
  3. To add Sackville's camo to Yukon.

Sackville's camo represents two things for me.  First, it's tangible proof that Wargaming takes the above issue seriously and is willing to deliver something on the short term beyond simple apologies or vague, unbacked promises of a future project they may or may not deliver in a year's time.  Second, it honours the time and energy Chobittsu and I put into the Yukon project over sixteen months.

Sub_Octavian agreed to points #1 and #2, but not #3.

They do not respect the time and energy Chobi and I put into the project or presently in the game.  They see it as their right to mistreat Community Contributors and players and expect empty promises and hollow apologies to smooth things over.  They have demonstrated they will do this repeatedly.

Enough is enough.

Effective immediately, I am resigning from the Community Contributor program.

WG can't even honor their own commitments. Why am I not surprised? I wonder how they're going to spin this? Another "commnucation error"?

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 29
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 22
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
On 8/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

LHM resigns from the CC Program!

LWM*

I will edit in my thoughts, which I previously only wrote in LWM's thread (I'm not emotionless about this (the complete opposite) and consider myself to be sentimental): 

I feel closer to @LittleWhiteMouse than to any other CC. We div'd some in the past, before I realized she was a CC (maybe even before she was a CC; this also shows just how nice she is because I don't just division with anyone), and I still talk to her occasionally. (I've probably never interacted with any other CC and I don't watch Youtube videos etc., so it's not that I have a thing for CCs.) I've told her some things that I've only said to 2 other people and wouldn't say to anyone else. So I, of course, support whatever decisions she makes and also always wish her the best.

My first thought was this sucked and this is really really sad. Just the simple fact that WG isn't treating her right, and I know how that feels. It's like WG is trying to push and force her out, and they succeeded.

But really, I thought some more, and it's more nuanced than that. I can't quite phrase it right (I'm still at a loss for words), so trying my best, I feel sad that WG still treats you like they don't value you and I hope that this disrespectful behavior won't affect your happiness in life. WG doesn't deserve you as a CC, so I don't feel bad you are exercising your right to resign (even though not having your ship reviews is a loss to all of us). I feel bad about the underlying problems and that you had to weather disparagement, disrespect, disdain, and other poor behavior that you don't deserve. I hope you can still do well in real life, which will not be something that WG can take away :)

I could say that, as a result, I won't open my wallet anymore. I won't (open my wallet), but saying that is more meaningless because I haven't done that for a very long time.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way. I wish LWM, and every other human being, all the best. O>

Edited by henrychenhenry

[ARPGT]
[ARPGT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,413 posts
4,788 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

WG can't even honor theor own commitments. Why am I not surprise. I wonder how their going to spin this? Another "commnucation error"?

May want to edit your title, it's not LHM. LHM is a green mineral oil used in hydraulic systems. It's LWM.

But yeah, I can't disagree with LWM. She's been through a lot, and WG's greed is showing through. This is the same problem World of Tanks faced back in 2018 until they revamped their communications process.

Sorry to see you go @LittleWhiteMouse, but you deserve a good rest after all this. Hopefully we'll get to see you again in the future.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

Members
2,270 posts
30,078 battles

WG won't change as long as simps continue to subsidize their crappy behavior.

• Cool 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

[TOG]
Members
4,614 posts
29,208 battles
11 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

May want to edit your title, it's not LHM. LHM is a green mineral oil used in hydraulic systems. It's LWM.

But yeah, I can't disagree with LWM. She's been through a lot, and WG's greed is showing through. This is the same problem World of Tanks faced back in 2018 until they revamped their communications process.

Sorry to see you go @LittleWhiteMouse, but you deserve a good rest after all this. Hopefully we'll get to see you again in the future.

~Hunter

Already changed. But I'm surprised that having come to an agreement, they immediately reneged on portions of it.  My Patreon contribution to her remains on going until she says so. 

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
14,750 posts
31,424 battles
8 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Sub_Octavian

That says it all. If WG wants to fix things and repair their image start right there as that is where all the crap started and continues to flow from in this game.

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[TOG]
Members
4,614 posts
29,208 battles
2 minutes ago, Cirran said:

Personally I don't care, but hey have a great day anyways.

Cirran

So why bother posting?

• Cool 17
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,726 posts
7,321 battles

A few years ago I would call all this drama an unprecedented PR disaster. 

Nowadays it's just Friday.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10

[WOLFG]
Members
34,398 posts
10,715 battles
8 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

WG won't change as long as simps continue to subsidize their crappy behavior.

IOW, WG isn't changing......

[TOG]
Members
4,614 posts
29,208 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Trust yourself and formulate your own opinions. Why do you need someone else to think for you? Not being a :etc_swear: about it or attacking LWM but if you needed LWM or anyone else to tell you what to buy or not then you did yourself a disservice.

She gave very good analysis backed by data. She is (was) a very good go to source. I've moved on to other CC's for their analysis, but short of buyng it and testing it yourself, it's tough to decide if it's worth it in specific game modes. What works in ranked/cb may not work as well in random/ops and vice versa.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 5

[KSD]
Members
309 posts
10,129 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

A few years ago I would call all this drama an unprecedented PR disaster. 

Nowadays it's just Friday.

Exactly this. 

My rule with WG is to always assume that whatever they say, they're hiding something that will screw with me.  So far I haven't been disappointed.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[SVF]
Members
2,024 posts
2,476 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Trust yourself and formulate your own opinions. Why do you need someone else to think for you? Not being a :etc_swear: about it or attacking LWM but if you needed LWM or anyone else to tell you what to buy or not then you did yourself a disservice.

Well, "think for you" is perhaps not entirely accurate, it's more discussing things about a ship you may not have realized were important or not otherwise considered on your own and comparing them to your own expectations or wants.  Such is an important thing about reviews.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How exactly am I supposed to formulate my own opinion on things like premium ships without paying for them myself?

Besides, LWM doesn't just give out her opinion, she lays out the stats for the ship. You can learn plenty from just reading the review.

• Cool 26
  • Thanks 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,304 posts
21,520 battles

Respect is a two way street, WG.  Every official Twitch stream has company lackies telling us issues need to be brought up in a respectful manner.  You might try giving that which you demand, though this advice is far far too late to be of any good, honestly.

• Cool 6

[SS238]
Members
433 posts
37,299 battles

As always, I continue to be amazed at your poise and courtesy in the face of garbage WG has continued to throw your way. Your contributions to the community are second to none.

Take care, stay safe, and thank you again

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,773 battles

The work and value LWM brought to the table and the community as a whole was priceless and will never be replaced.   IMO this is one of the biggest losses this game has ever incurred in all of the years I have played it.

@LittleWhiteMouse sorry to see you go but I completely understand.  Good luck to you, I am confident your skills and dedication will be much better utilized and rewarded within an organization that values what you do.

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 2

[USCC]
Members
3,604 posts
16,778 battles
19 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

and ignore evidence

Was it posted in the form of a spread sheet?
That's all this cesspool of upper management views as note worthy.

Sad to see LWM treated in this way after all she's done for them.
I want to say I'm surprised though, but honestly, I'm not, they value only $$$$,
people are just ways to get that and can easily be discarded when dried up. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,398 posts
10,715 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Trust yourself and formulate your own opinions. Why do you need someone else to think for you?

Reviews are not about getting someone else to think for you, reviews are about getting a respected opinion on an item before you spend.

I can formulate my own extremely valid and focused opinion on a ship, but I'd have to buy it and try it in order to do so. That defeats the purpose of formulating that opinion in the first place.

You still have to think, as just trusting anyone who cares to write a review also defeats the purpose.

• Cool 3

[WKY09]
Beta Testers
19 posts
22,144 battles

Sorry to see LWM go.  Thanks, LWM, for all of the excellent reviews and the hours spent trying to better this game.  

• Cool 1