You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Clan Battles: "Piranha" Season

19 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,480 posts
26,615 battles
15 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

The name of the season is fitting....

STEEL SHARKS might have been good too

• Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,816 posts
22,664 battles

Double aircraft carrier? Wargaming truly showing it's contempt,  no, utter hatred it has for the player base. It's not enough to have random mode be awful, they have to put their fat fingers on competitive mode and carefully craft it for their brain damaged stepchild; the aircraft carrier. Crafted so it can dominate EVERY single game mode that matters.

To add insult they banned the one ship that could just push in an bully their treasured carriers (Graf Spee), so that we have to use much weaker ships that are at the mercy of airplanes.

WG: YOU WILL PLAY HOW WE TELL YOU TO PLAY

Well, guess what, I don't have to play. I don't have to eat this crapsandwich you've carefully crafted to fill your fetish for a single ship class.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles

love that its tier 6 played on tier 10 maps. Hmm... maybe wg was trying to ease the pain of the cv? I just want to know who thought it was a good idea to put two cv in a tier 6 clan battle anyway... you guys thought the last tier 6 clan battles (ya know the one with REALLY LOW participation like a year ago that you guys couldnt seem to figure out why no one wanted to play even though everyone said, we dont want low tier CB) was bad.. wait until you see this one. There is no ship at tier 6 capable of defending themselves from a CV so naturally the best course of action is to put TWO OF THEM into the game. I mean I've seen some pretty ridiculous things done by wargaming over the 4 1/2 years I've been playing but this... this right here.. .doesn't take the cake, or even the bakery... IT TAKES THE WHOLE INDUSTRY... all the cakes, past present AND future.. 

basically, from here on out, everything WG does will look intelligent from this point on because nothing can ever be as ill thought up as this clan battle season. 

I could have understood 2 cv at tier 8 or maybe even tier 10.... but tier 6? lmbo.... wow... that's like.... think of 2 things, one of them REALLY BAD and the other REALLY GREAT and then do the one that's really bad.. but do that over and over and over for 5 1/2 years... this game is what you get. 

I remember when this game was an "authentic warship game" (like your ad from 5 years ago says) now, its not anywhere near authentic. Not even close... not even on the same planet. [edited]... thats authentic because they didnt buy into the gimmicks to beat gimmicks, they've kept it original, like you guys used to do.. ehhhh im getting off topic... lol... basically. way to drop the ball AGAIN WEEGEE.... no wonder people dont want to work more than a couple months for you lmbo. 

wont be surprised to see this removed and me banned because I'm not falling in line and you'll just say "I'm bad mouthing you" when really... I'm just pointing out your flaws from the past 4 years that you guys just cant seem to learn from for some unknow reason. Its like whenever the player base (ya know the people keeping you in business) says they don't want something, and you do it anyway and force it on us, then act all shocked and confused as to why the long term players are leaving... 

the craziest thing.... there is literally news stories out there from 2 plus years ago from gaming sites saying wargaming is going down the wrong path and it will eventually start to cause the old players to leave... the ones that are the most invested, the ones that have the most invested.. and the ones that invest the most in your game... sure its a drop in a bucket NOW but the bucket eventually fills up... people always seem to forget that fact. 

this got so off topic its not even funny...and I don't even care...

Just to give you an Idea of how little wargaming pays attention.... happa is still listed above as someone to contact with issues.... didnt he leave wargaming like 3 1/2 -4 weeks ago??? :D

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound

[G0ATS]
Members
14 posts
1,164 battles

I hope that WG uses 2 CV per side for this "test" and then brings in Submarines to see if the CV's are effective at spotting and attacking surfaced subs.    If it proves to be true that CV vs Subs is a cool thing, then it gives the already strong CV class an additional ship class to attack.  CV's should be given more roles to preform in the skies that focus on helping their team gain intelligence and protect its flanks.  

This would give the CV player more tasks to preform during a battle, while making them more interesting to play against.   Perhaps even fighter patrols could be setup for set gridsquares on the mini map.   

The surface ship players would then universally be given a buff to their AA guns against airplanes in order to weaken them BEFORE they get to attack you.   This makes the gunnery more realistic once your guns are all trained on target.

This would make the CV class weaker in alpha strike capabilities, but more useful in    recon/fighter patrol/anti-sub/anti-shipping capabilities

• Boring 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,686 battles

So, out of 14 ships in a match, 4 will be CVs, and you banned the Spee, rather than the ship you should have banned, the T6 premium German CV. 4 CVs in a 12v12 is utter cancer WG, wth made you think that 4 in a 7v7 would be better?

No thanks, WeeGee, hard pass.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,816 posts
22,664 battles
2 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

love that its tier 6 played on tier 10 maps. Hmm... maybe wg was trying to ease the pain of the cv?

It's so you can't snipe the CV. You could do it last T6 season. Also to prevent them rushing the CV, make the map bigger so the sky cancer can hide.

[RCNVR]
[RCNVR]
Members
2 posts
11,503 battles

What bothers me is the whole " we will ban ships two weeks into the season" thing.  So basically, the high end groups pick a meta and win their way quickly to the top.

Once the usual clans rise to the top, the ships (fdr/haK) and combo's (multiple Goliath's last season) that got them there will get the boot and it will be SSDD.  Top clans will run double Lowen's  (because they have them) and then they will get the boot, just like the FDR and Hak last season.  The PEF will also get the boot because we surely don't want a BB that can pace the cruisers.  Hey WG, how about this, you can only play with tech tree ships and you can play any combo you want ALL SEASON LONG.

Edited by HMSIronDuke

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles
On 8/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, Cit_the_bed said:

It's so you can't snipe the CV. You could do it last T6 season. Also to prevent them rushing the CV, make the map bigger so the sky cancer can hide.

Shoulda left the small maps that way at least one cv could be deleted outright and ease the pain of double cv lol. 

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester
105 posts
9,581 battles

So I have to ask, why is the CV Erich Löwenhardt not banned from Clan Wars since you can no longer get it. I see that the Graf Spee is banned but not the tier 6 German CV. Seems kind of odd.

Members
394 posts
29,861 battles

WG, you have ruined Clan Battles and you have made my members quit. This is all on you. I just want to know why?

Members
59 posts
19,864 battles
On 8/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, Cit_the_bed said:

Double aircraft carrier? Wargaming truly showing it's contempt,  no, utter hatred it has for the player base. It's not enough to have random mode be awful, they have to put their fat fingers on competitive mode and carefully craft it for their brain damaged stepchild; the aircraft carrier. Crafted so it can dominate EVERY single game mode that matters.

To add insult they banned the one ship that could just push in an bully their treasured carriers (Graf Spee), so that we have to use much weaker ships that are at the mercy of airplanes.

WG: YOU WILL PLAY HOW WE TELL YOU TO PLAY

Well, guess what, I don't have to play. I don't have to eat this crapsandwich you've carefully crafted to fill your fetish for a single ship class.

Remember when CVs were banned from Clan Battles?  Incredible the lengths WG will go to alienate it's veteran player base.

[DPG]
Supertester
771 posts
19,785 battles

WG needs to include Clan battles in FAR MORE of the other missions completions!  If a mission can be completed by ranked battles, why not Clan battles also? 

5 hours per night  x 4 days per week for 6 weeks of the season and we get near ZERO of the dutch cruisers, Dutch captains, new collaboration missions that can be completed while playing clan battles. 

This feels like unnecessary punishment of some of the most die hard players in this game. 

Please correct this in the future to be more inclusive. 

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester
105 posts
9,581 battles
2 hours ago, Karandar said:

WG needs to include Clan battles in FAR MORE of the other missions completions!  If a mission can be completed by ranked battles, why not Clan battles also? 

5 hours per night  x 4 days per week for 6 weeks of the season and we get near ZERO of the dutch cruisers, Dutch captains, new collaboration missions that can be completed while playing clan battles. 

This feels like unnecessary punishment of some of the most die hard players in this game. 

Please correct this in the future to be more inclusive. 

I fully agree with this statement. If we spend so much time in Clan Battles then we don't have enough time to play our regular ships and therefor earn exp/points towards the missions.

Why is it that only 1-2 missions are allowing clan battles to be used to complete tasks?