Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Pew pew pew pew pew pew...

13 comments in this topic

[P2W]
Beta Testers
265 posts
17,763 battles

What signals do you normally use for the Tiger?

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
3 hours ago, jbc98k said:

What signals do you normally use for the Tiger?

Sierra Mike (Speed).  Tiger is relatively slow...every little bit helps.

India Delta (Extra heal).  Super heal plus 20% is a lot. [Another often forgotten Tiger forte is the super heal]

Nov Foxtrot (Faster consumables reload).   Shorter Radar and Smoke cool down is a no brainer.  Also helps DFAA.

XRay Papa Unaone.  Longer smoke duration...another no brainer.

Nov Echo Setteseven: Not much, but if you're going AA build might as well.

Juliet Charlie: Det protection.  Living in a glass cruiser...well...a det is always around the corner.

I use to run Sierra Bravo (faster DFAA reload) but don't anymore.  Seldom needed those few seconds.

Thought about the ramming flag, but that seldom comes up.  And every time it has, the game was lost regardless.

Edit:  By the way, Tiger is an expensive ship to play.  All of the flags above make a difference.  Some more than others, but every one gives a bit more advantage.  Several stack on top of module capabilities.  As a utility cruiser, these benefits are magnified not just for the Tiger, but for the entire team that benefits from that utility.  This is really big!

I have not worked the numbers, but I would not be surprised if my coin earned in Tiger isn't a net negative when it comes to maintaining those flags.  Either way, I have not noticed a difference as I'm a billionaire.  But recognizing that many players are tight when it comes to coin, Tiger is an expensive ships to feed.  So even if it's fun to play, it might not be fun to feed..which makes it less fun to play...for some. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
49 minutes ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

@Soshi_Sone I see you are really liking your  🐯'59

:cap_yes:

I like it because it is so underrated.  At least at my skill level.  And particularly when up tiered.  In some regards, it might be the best T8 to bring to a T10 in the game today.  When I see a T10 match, I'm just as thrilled than when I'm top tier.  No matter the MM, I feel like she is going to make an impact.  Same with CVs appearing in the MM...love 'em.  Tiger has bite, even with its AA.

I can see that some of the unicum players might not like it as the ability to play at a unicum level is not only a function of skill, but also the ship one uses.  Granted, a unicum can do well in "any" ship, but they will do much better in ships that can deliver to their skill level.  I suspect Tiger falls short in that regard.  It has a relatively dismal DPM performance.  You can't unicum DPM out of thin air.  And sometimes, the MM and map throws you a situation where you need DPM.  It also has some asymmetric disadvantages that, once there, it performs very poorly no matter how good the captain is able to run the ship.  I suspect these issue are very disturbing for a unicum player.  And rightful so as there is simply no skill level that can extract one from a situation that needs DPM or a situation where the adversary has achieve asymmetric advantage. 

It definitely delivers to MY skill level and therefore I can play it at an  equivalent level of just about any other ship.  It is a good ship that can be matched to a good player.  It may falter on either side of that equation.  A great player in a good ship isn't always a comfortable option when a great ship is available.  A poor player in a good ship can't bring out the good in the ship.  Hence, it's a niche ship for niche player who is good (e.g., me), but not great.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,852 posts
2,993 battles

Me wondering what ship @Soshi_Sone will get obsessed with next  :Smile_amazed: Also wondering how her Califonia is taking this no longer been the favorite one  :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Me wondering what ship @Soshi_Sone will get obsessed with next  :Smile_amazed: Also wondering how her Califonia is taking this no longer been the favorite one  :Smile_popcorn:

Here's Tiger in  meme.  First part is my Tiger posting and videos.  Last part is my Tiger reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCLKenykco

Members
1,181 posts
8,035 battles

meanwhile nurnberg goes BRRRRRR

shot-21_08.07_19_43.03-0763.thumb.jpg.e7b455e5c843542194f089a92f96412a.jpg

by the way those 2 citadels where with HE on a BB 

shot-21_08.07_19_38.42-0401.thumb.jpg.0d51b43060816839b7913f717b8487d7.jpg

Edited by pepe_trueno

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
9,767 battles
On 8/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, Soshi_Sone said:

...pew pew...

shot-21_08.04_21_35.56-0590.thumb.jpg.0a981ee2940cf3843ac6244f12425370.jpg

shot-21_08.04_21_36.26-0056.thumb.jpg.e5bb1cc0a11280a958f4f7dcc613fed0.jpg

Members
1,165 posts
14,919 battles

pew..pew...pew...Arthritis Rheumatoides.

Yes y6u can push mouses button to bottom but it is not same as controlled klicks.

And I think here are much more seniors in this game than many expected. 

And my comments are just neutral. Just enjoing Vodka with Voltaren, Tramadol , Methylpredisolon, Ezomeptazol, Salazopyrin, etc...