Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Any solid info on the supposed SBMM for Brawls?

8 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
14,619 posts
9,334 battles

So apparently Brawls MM incorporated some sort of Skill based balancing parameter. Does anyone has solid info on how it was supposed to work? Do we know if it was actually working?

@Mademoisail can you give us some info about it?

Edited by ArIskandir

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
54 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So apparently Brawls MM incorporated some sort of Skill based balancing parameter. Does anyone has solid info on how it was supposed to work? Do we know if it was actually working?

Someone on the forums said it was just related to wins.  Groups with more wins get matched against other groups that have accumulated more wins.

[SALVO]
Members
14,619 posts
9,334 battles
18 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Someone on the forums said it was just related to wins.  Groups with more wins get matched against other groups that have accumulated more wins.

Does it applies to Solo players?

How does it accounts for a mixed pool of Divs and Solo matches?

When doing the balancing, does it balance on a per team basis (avg team WR is equivalent). Or does it select full rosters of players within similar WR? 

How high in the priority list balancing is, compared to other factors like waiting time? 

I know you don't have the answer bro, I'm just using your post as starting point for more questions. 

I played a significant number of Brawls matches, I started my run playing Divs with extreme success, later switched to Solo for the rest of the event. Played only DDs (for quick match drops). I noticed a really really wonky MM but given the small sample and personal bias could be perfectly explained under the usual random rules. I'm just curious.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
29 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Does it applies to Solo players?

How does it accounts for a mixed pool of Divs and Solo matches?

When doing the balancing, does it balance on a per team basis (avg team WR is equivalent). Or does it select full rosters of players within similar WR? 

How high in the priority list balancing is, compared to other factors like waiting time? 

I know you don't have the answer bro, I'm just using your post as starting point for more questions. 

I played a significant number of Brawls matches, I started my run playing Divs with extreme success, later switched to Solo for the rest of the event. Played only DDs (for quick match drops). I noticed a really really wonky MM but given the small sample and personal bias could be perfectly explained under the usual random rules. I'm just curious.

I would assume it's the very basic tally of Player X has Y Wins, div'd or not.  At least, that's going off the "win total" matching idea that was floated previously.

Back during the 1v1 I ran around in a cruiser hoping to fighting enemy CVs, but there just weren't any.  Folks on the forum said I hadn't won enough to be at the point where all the CVs were.  Ultimately, I stopped playing brawls after about an hour or two.

-----

I'd suggest you ask in all-chat if the other folks know how many wins they have and keep a running tally.  Maybe you can amass data that way.

[SALVO]
Members
14,619 posts
9,334 battles
2 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I would assume it's the very basic tally of Player X has Y Wins, div'd or not.  At least, that's going off the "win total" matching idea that was floated previously.

I would think the same and it would fit most of my experience, with the caveat of balancing for avg wins for the whole team. Unless there's a waiting time limit taking precedence, in which case playing as a DD meant you'll be queue dumped most of the time. 

Playing as a Div, we achieved around 80% WR. I only played about 12-15 matches but were basically my first matches for the mode, competition was stiff and I don't remember too much steamrolling, matches were sometimes comfortable but the enemy wasn't that clueless. Then I shifted to Solo, and started being dumped regularly (but not always) with totally clueless team mates, not trying to sound elitist but the guys were very casual, not near my knowledge level by a far margin. The opposition also was very random and all over the place, if there was some SBMM at work I couldn't tell anything apart from usual (maybe worse) random distribution when playing Solo, but there was some degree of consistency when playing Divs (given it was at different times, with possibly different player pools it neither means anything conclusive)

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
On 7/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, ArIskandir said:

Update per Dev Response to MalteseKnight on CC Discord:

Q:  How does the "Teams are matched based on player skill level" work in brawls?

A:  It considers winrate in brawls and base XP earned.

• Thanks 1

[SRBL]
Members
709 posts
19,827 battles
On 7/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, ArIskandir said:

I had back to back games yesterday where the first div I faced with my fellow solo teammates was 07 and then BONKS. We lost both in the most skillful manner possible that 5 minutes of game time can afford. 

Edited by Tom_Greg
  • Funny 2