You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iamSamoth

Dutch tokens

16 comments in this topic

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,643 posts
8,947 battles

In counting a moment ago, we get one more page of cruiser event, which leaves us far behind and away from the final THREE-FOUR tiers of rewards? How do we get the final 400?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,421 posts
12,122 battles

The way these events are set up, you can get a lot of the rewards for free, but if you want all the shiny goodies you need to help WG pay the bills.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,643 posts
8,947 battles

i c

because when i look at the 'bundle' it has included 10(ten!) Dutch Tokens, and I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. And then I saw 1000(One Thousand!!!!) Doubloons for a single 'try', for a single shot at like 50, or 80 or something. Only 1 one bundle has a large amount of them. Hmmmm. I ain't got it like that, sorry WG. no can do.

one second glance(I'd looked over this before), the bundles are pretty much trash, like 4 rare sig's???!?!? and some other lowbie throw-away gutter garbage, some spring skies or some such, even then the volumes are SCARCE... it is truly laughable. Show me a game, wg.... how bout that

Edited by iamSamoth

Members
2,270 posts
30,098 battles

My IQ does not allow me to pay $ for free (tech tree) ships.

Other reasons apply for why I won't ever pay $ for anything in this game.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles

I worked out that if you scrounge together every free token you can lay your hands on (without the Prime Gaming bundle and without needing to spend Community Tokens), you can JUST get the permacamo for the T8 Haarlem.

That includes the tokens you can get at the following link (scroll down and read carefully) if you get to it in the next two days.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0106/ 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,343 posts
14,304 battles
23 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

i c

because when i look at the 'bundle' it has included 10(ten!) Dutch Tokens, and I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. And then I saw 1000(One Thousand!!!!) Doubloons for a single 'try', for a single shot at like 50, or 80 or something. Only 1 one bundle has a large amount of them. Hmmmm. I ain't got it like that, sorry WG. no can do.

one second glance(I'd looked over this before), the bundles are pretty much trash, like 4 rare sig's???!?!? and some other lowbie throw-away gutter garbage, some spring skies or some such, even then the volumes are SCARCE... it is truly laughable. Show me a game, wg.... how bout that

Would agree, but they work and do get people to spend. Hence seeing many t9 de witts the day the patch dropped. Regardless of people who bought one bundle or all of them, or how minimal the rewards are, people are still buying them. More power to them, my brain also has a hard time laying out cash for a ship I can get later for free but to each their own

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,314 battles

It is ironic that the people who they are essentially sponsoring to play their own game (CCs) seem to be largely against some of their moves lately.  Loot boxes drops and Missouri seem to have gone over like lead balloons with them.  Its a pretty impressive trick when you can't even pay people to be positive about your changes.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles
3 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

my brain also has a hard time laying out cash for a ship I can get later for free but to each their own

Yeah, I would be prepared to grab her and bypass a shipload of grind if she were in the first bundle. For me, that represents an acceptable trade of money for effort, but no more than that.

1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Its a pretty impressive trick when you can't even pay people to be positive about your changes.

They're not on the WG payroll as such. They get given goodies, but only in-game goodies.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,533 posts
12,401 battles
36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I worked out that if you scrounge together every free token you can lay your hands on (without the Prime Gaming bundle and without needing to spend Community Tokens), you can JUST get the permacamo for the T8 Haarlem.

That includes the tokens you can get at the following link (scroll down and read carefully) if you get to it in the next two days.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0106/ 

I think I'm going to have 50 extra tokens past the Tier VIII permacamo. If another 30-50 tokens show up from a yet-unknown source, i.e. link in a news article, Twitch stream, etc., that might incentivize me to buy enough bundles to get the Tier VIII on the grounds that avoiding a painful Tier VIII stock grind combined with the consolation prizes and three to five chances to draw Johan de Witt or 80 tokens would be worthwhile for me, especially because I am pretty efficiently farming free doubloons right now.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,135 posts

You will get those ships for free in a few weeks time.

You can of course spend a bunch of dollars today and have them early. Thats how WG games the system in their favor. You are the product that has to produce them money. How much do you have in your pockets? And how badly do you crave that ship?

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,643 posts
8,947 battles

i claimed those the day of, i may have been in-game. However, it is to spendy for my blood. I was mistaken is all. I thought we a chance for the others. I had just not done the page math. I have the first 2-3, both of the line ships. I dont really care about the perma camos. Almost never use them. I have 3 T9's waiting(to be assigned) for a boat already. I think I have one of those T7 or 8 perma's from a few months back, I haven't mounted it, probably never will. I just wanted the 20 stacks of common signals! All of those are real nice. But I just now am able to reach the T8 campaigns. Those have high quantity rewards, so I'll look there instead. I have no issue with them selling them, or folks buying if they so wish. It's just wayyy too much for me, I can't give 100's to a single game each month. I didn't want the lower tier permas at all, the t8 boat would be cool, but no real effort to get it on the line...70k xp? meh nada. I had read it incorrectly, and assumed too much is all. I need to curb my expectations, and read closer maybe. It just from the appearance seem linear, like that was the expectation of the objective.

And also thanks for the link!! For anyone else grab them, also the community tokens, Steam Dream is very expensive for 1 to 1ish trade, but they buff CR values of bouts. rareish, that and Hunters in 20's in armory 12k coal, everytime coupons come up I buy it all i can.

yup to other point i think i will earn up to the next tier bundle thingy... ummm the 2 perma's i can get pretty sure it was those next 2 i wanted not for the big prizes but for the common sig's :) And i couldn't remember how many we'd have when it was over, then I saw the discrepancy. I recounted it all. I just assumed incorrectly. i think i'll have like 20? when i get the 2 final pages of the event completed. Just took some of the wind out o' th' sails' momentarily. Cause I have nearly completed todays page...

i would have 3 epochs the new year one i guess for T9 then I also had new year for New York already also. I did pay for the space camo for Pensacola(Only one)that was in the first 6 months I guess. And DB's if I must to claim the XP off ships going to the slip. Once they get retired unlikely to be played until I flip the line. IJN, will be first or ITN  it will cost half my money for those two boats alone. A 9-10 or from Brindisi up. Deeep pain there. Now only the XP from Grand Battles is gathering dust, atm. A small reserve of potential FXP if needed. How I look at it. I lucked out on a container lately for 1k DB's had considered the bundles thingy. And having got this far, and done the math. I would have 10 Dutch Tokens at the end. Two permas I likely may not use. And then need to buy as many as 11, or as few as 4. To just get the  last ship, Not considering the two final reward slots. No less than give them 50$ on top of the grind I've just been doing. For a line ship no less

Edited by iamSamoth

[LOU1]
Members
4,273 posts
13,136 battles

The main benefit is that you don't have to grind or pay for the modules on the ships. Plus, you can use any Commander in them during the early release period.  The downside of that is the Commander does not get trained to the ship n that case.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,643 posts
8,947 battles

I'm thankful for three free ships, and go along slots. I will happily grind that out. Give the seal-clubbers something to shoot at.

They seem okay, not played them(dutchline), the permas are nice but wont use them until I flip that line. Looks like I will start with a 7, so be it. Think I may land it's perma, so little o this & o' that. These new missions have a throw back paint also. Get to add 1 more to the collection, correction 2 the WG fest I believe will be new to me as well. I didn't see it skimming thru'.

Unmounted a module for Colorado, to take propulsion instead. I traded out steering.  Only cost 5DB while the sale is going on, got several modules for mothballed ships in/out of line, even a few of the dusty Prem's.

I didn't realize how slow that thing is. But she is a beast. The BB' citadels earlier. And the range is tremendous, with spotter it is just sick. Her shell velocity seems slow, to the other BB in that line, maybe? Feel floaty a bit.

Edited by iamSamoth
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
On 7/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

You have THE OPTION to pay $$$$  for standard tech tree ships that will be free in a couple of patches.  

fixed for you