Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mercury_Trap

Did you complete Brawl?

28 comments in this topic

[NGA-A]
Members
9 posts
6,636 battles

I managed to finish on Saturday. A real grind. If they got rid of Epicenter map it wouldn’t have been so grueling. 

[WGF]
[WGF]
Members
112 posts
12,123 battles

Sadly my time zone means i miss out during the week, only giving me sessions on the weekend to try - so only got about half way

[BTLST]
Members
345 posts
8,025 battles

I finished on Thursday. While I enjoyed it at the beginning, it felt like a heavy grind at the end. Too many wins required and you have to finish ALL missions to get any coal. Ranked feels more balanced re. the rewards.

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
683 posts
13,527 battles

Didn't even try. Managed to get the first 3-4 missions done.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,336 posts
14,167 battles

Played ranked instead. Rewards for the amount of games needed isn’t worth it to me

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,958 posts

Played for the first credit rewards. Enjoyed it so much I kept going for the coal.
Finished in 3 days, but a ton of hours.
I don't grind like I used too. I prefer to take breaks and enjoy the battles.
At a 50% w/r that's 82 battles. They're usually quick, but if you take breaks
it's a hard mission to finish.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

Nope.

Played a few. Got a few done.

The game is not a good product and not worth the excessive no life grinding that will be needed to finish.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

Did not touch it! Too grindy for my tastes.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,584 posts
8,745 battles

utterly ripped at the end, thank you match maker? 1 more bout and (3rd)750k. But losses for last hour.... It only figures, seemed pretty remarkable to actually lose some of them. 950 to 300, 2 on 1, etc the matches always got thrown at the last minute. No matter what the advantage was. 11 in a row i think. it scuffed a little. But I do LOVE the format however. To have it available at will would be a great addition to the current stale playing environment. 8000 death match arena battles and counting, yay! Blergh..... I want more content, an actual game. Not the same 8000 things the same all the time.

Edited by iamSamoth

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles

Done Friday night.

It was fiarly fast on Mon-Wedneday when I can win 3 stages fairly quickly per day

It went downhill on Thursday Friday, whre you can get 1 win per 7 matches.

I decided to help out on Sat-Sunday and try out other ships I haven't played. I told the others up front it's up to them to iwn or lose. One of them appreciated my contribution. I suspect the good ones already finished by Wednesay nite.

The lesson here is start early where you'll have plenty of good players doing the same thing with the incientive to finish as fast as possible. 

What was playing at the end? Noobs, spuds and those who started late.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 1

Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

I had about 20 games with 12 wins. I never read the news, what were we grinding for? I scored some useless ingame currency and some coal..

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
1 minute ago, LunchCutter said:

I had about 20 games with 12 wins. I never read the news, what were we grinding for? I scored some useless ingame currency and some coal..

10k coal total.

[FROG]
Members
15 posts
14,663 battles

Enjoyed the format but only made it midway through the grind due to splitting time between ranked and brawl.  Brawl should have been scheduled during the break between ranked seasons.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,132 posts
16,115 battles

Finished it last Thursday,

shot-21_07.23_16_52.55-0151.thumb.jpg.8dafa7301bbf335e4d7f9ee752b05d61.jpg

Personally didn't find it all that grindy, just had fun playing the format win or lose.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles

It was a slog for me. I had long win and long losing streaks, but it was a three-way competition for my available game time because I really wanted to finish Silver League Ranked Battle (I am a dedicated Silver League farmer, and I always want to finish before the end of the first weekend of each sprint to have a relaxed week and a half until the next one), and also I have started up PTS play again because of the community token rewards. PTS was a bit of a slog and took most of a day and a half to complete - had to redo Bronze League Ranked because I didn't know the ranks were going to reset each day unless you'd done qualifiers for the next league, and then I got stuck in the doldrums in Silver League with the legendarily bad play on PTS. Once I finally qualified for Gold I did three fast Tier X sub battles Sunday, and then I had to push for the last 11 wins in Brawl on Sunday late afternoon. Had a bad streak and went 7-11 for Brawl matches, but came back for an hour after a dinner party I was hosting finished, and went 4-1 to finish Brawl about three hours before the server reset.

[SALVO]
Members
3,710 posts
7,564 battles

Nope.  Never even looked once at the missions for it.   Just played the mode for fun with clan mates.

[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles

I finished it. It was fun at first but the monothony of map, comp and tactics made it boring for me halfway through the grind. I only kept playing because it was a good way to grind XP and getting familiar with the T-31. 

Also a very different experience playing Divs or Solo. With able partners you could breeze through it, if playing Solo you are at the mercy of MM, which prompts a question...

I read somewhere the mode had some sort of SBMM, was that true? 

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
29 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I finished it. It was fun at first but the monothony of map, comp and tactics made it boring for me halfway through the grind. I only kept playing because it was a good way to grind XP and getting familiar with the T-31. 

Also a very different experience playing Divs or Solo. With able partners you could breeze through it, if playing Solo you are at the mercy of MM, which prompts a question...

I read somewhere the mode had some sort of SBMM, was that true? 

It does say that in the loading screen. No further details.

[WOLF5]
Members
100 posts
4,601 battles

Started Wednesday, finished Saturday, got the 41 wins in 70 games as a solo Atlanta player

Definitely enjoyed the 3v3 format, looking forward to the T6 version next week

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,702 battles
19 hours ago, Mercury_Trap said:

I managed to finish on Saturday. A real grind. If they got rid of Epicenter map it wouldn’t have been so grueling. 

Finished it yesterday and walked away with my 10K coal 

[WOLFG]
Members
793 posts
15,739 battles

Nope. Only because I forgot brawls are accessible to anyone. Had been thinking they were part of clan battles, which my clan doesn't participate in. Once I tried and got into a battle late last week, I got all the credits missions done.

[XMAXX]
Members
12 posts
2,150 battles

Yup, brawls had great credit/exp rewards and the format was fun; wish it was an all the time thing. Played a DD for most of it and was instantly in a match every time I hit battle.

[X-PN]
Members
2,086 posts
13,600 battles
On 7/26/2021 at 5:04 AM, jamesi said:

Sadly my time zone means i miss out during the week, only giving me sessions on the weekend to try - so only got about half way

Same problem... Those in the Eastern and Central time zones get screwed if you do any playing before lunch time.

....But the Brawl rewards were way over nerfed.  I get the old CB rewards were too much, but playing 50 games for 10k coal and small amount of credit/flags is not worth it to me.... Not to mention coal isn't as valuable as it once was. 

I don't think we will ever see another Thunderer, Smolensk, Georgia, JB, etc. available for coal....those type ships will be RB/Steel for now on.  If you exclude the Retreads and CVs.... here's the last 3 coal ships....

Marco Polo, Z44, and Pommern. 

MP... isn't that good.

Z44 also meh

and Pomm wasn't too bad as released, but after the skill abomination?.... not so much.

Don't get me wrong.... I love the mode...had a lot of fun for a few battles....but the rewards were actually a reason for me to play it less than I would otherwise....hell, the daily win bonus doesn't even apply....and Weimar's battle bonus didn't work either....

Edited by YouSatInGum

[FFGEU]
Members
349 posts
18,645 battles

I found it really enjoyable. I did almost all of it solo and it took 65 games (41-24). There were some definite potato teammates and I did run into maybe 2-3 divisions made up of clan players that actually worked together and knew what they were doing. the biggest keys to getting match wins were having the better DD. The winning formula applied to every map, push early take a cap advantage and force the other team to push at you where you could choose firing angles and torp arcs. I hope 3v3 becomes a thing as long as it maxes out at t7/8.

Edited by TheTrickpony

Sign in to follow this