You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jason_Sharpe_MD

What is the base free Dutch Tokens we earn

11 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
127 posts
6,371 battles

I was just wondering for completing all the tasks in the Dutch Cruiser event. Is there enough free Dutch Tokens to earn to be able to unlock all 8 bundles or do we have to purchase the 1000 doubloons bundles for tokens? I would like to get all the permanent camos without having to purchase anything. Or if we don't get enough free tokens this event, will the second part allow us to earn the respected amount of tokens to complete the bundles? 

Thanks

20210725233631_1.jpg

[CO-OP]
Members
3,796 posts
31,102 battles

You can get 280 for completing all of the token missions, plus another 20 for free in the armory by collecting the daily rewards there.  There have also been a number of free token awards in some of the news posts.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,159 posts
11,823 battles

I don’t have access to the client right now, but I did some calculations a few days back and found that I would be able to unlock the tier VIII camo bundle using only free tokens. So no, you cannot unlock all of the early access bundles without spending doubloons. These events are structured this way by design. Most players will be able to get a lot of stuff for free, but if you want all the shiny goodies you’re going to need to help WG pay the bills.

You can see all the relevant information about any currency by hovering your mouse over your counter in the top right of the armory screen. Basically, you can earn these tokens during this patch and this patch only. However, these tokens will be able to be spent through the end of next patch, at which point they will be automatically exchanged for credits. This is the standard pattern for these events.

[GWG]
Members
7,736 posts
14,757 battles
11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I don’t have access to the client right now, but I did some calculations a few days back and found that I would be able to unlock the tier VIII camo bundle using only free tokens. So no, you cannot unlock all of the early access bundles without spending doubloons. These events are structured this way by design. Most players will be able to get a lot of stuff for free, but if you want all the shiny goodies you’re going to need to help WG pay the bills.

You can see all the relevant information about any currency by hovering your mouse over your counter in the top right of the armory screen. Basically, you can earn these tokens during this patch and this patch only. However, these tokens will be able to be spent through the end of next patch, at which point they will be automatically exchanged for credits. This is the standard pattern for these events.

You can get 5 tokens for 'Community Tokens'...   They've been giving them away too.

[BUOY]
Members
1,423 posts
17,232 battles

280 for the missions

20 for the dailies

40 in one of the recent news articles

30 for Prime Gaming if you have it

Up to 25 for Community Tokens

You can get the T8 Haarlem's perma for 320 tokens, the Haarlem herself is another 130 tokens or 450 in total. If you get all the non dubs tokens announced you'd 'only' need 6k dubs for the T8, less if you luck into the 80 token trove and more if you luck into the T9 since that bundle doesn't have tokens.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,423 posts
11,788 battles
9 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

280 for the missions

20 for the dailies

40 in one of the recent news articles

30 for Prime Gaming if you have it

Up to 25 for Community Tokens

You can get the T8 Haarlem's perma for 320 tokens, the Haarlem herself is another 130 tokens or 450 in total. If you get all the non dubs tokens announced you'd 'only' need 6k dubs for the T8, less if you luck into the 80 token trove and more if you luck into the T9 since that bundle doesn't have tokens.

An important note, only a fool would spend community tokens on more than 20 Dutch tokens, since you earn tokens and spend them on bundles in multiples of ten, so an extra five will not do you any good unless you want to trade your more valuable community tokens for a few flags.

[CVA16]
Members
6,727 posts
20,726 battles
25 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

An important note, only a fool would spend community tokens on more than 20 Dutch tokens, since you earn tokens and spend them on bundles in multiples of ten, so an extra five will not do you any good unless you want to trade your more valuable community tokens for a few flags.

I noticed that exchange rate was horrendous

[DVYJC]
Members
4,423 posts
11,788 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

I noticed that exchange rate was horrendous

It is. I am going to pass on them myself because the cash value of the community tokens is 1,000 doubloons to me. 10,000 community tokens is 4,000 doubloons since I have all the Tier V ship crate drop options. I'll only buy Dutch tokens for community tokens if some other source of another 30-60 Dutch tokens arrives before the end of the event, since that would allow me to get the Haarlem bundle more or less for free. I'd take a fully-upgraded Tech Tree Tier VIII cruiser in exchange for a relatively slight delay in my next community token doubloon infusion.

[CVA16]
Members
6,727 posts
20,726 battles
1 minute ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It is. I am going to pass on them myself because the cash value of the community tokens is 1,000 doubloons to me.

I was thinking it was a typo. WG really meant to have another zero on the Dutch tokens. As you mention, 5 tokens are worthless.

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
127 posts
6,371 battles

Thanks guys for your help. I am really tight for cash now. So I have to make sure money goes where it is needed. Like mortgages, meds, groceries. You know those silly little things that get in the way lol! Thanks again for all your help!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,210 posts
26,330 battles
21 minutes ago, Jason_Sharpe_MD said:

Thanks guys for your help. I am really tight for cash now. So I have to make sure money goes where it is needed. Like mortgages, meds, groceries. You know those silly little things that get in the way lol! Thanks again for all your help!

How dare you wanna eat!

We all just need to stay vigilant and see if any more tokens are given away for free in the future. We need to pay attention to their website and watch for "opt in" missions for additional tokens. If anyone finds stuff like that, post it as quickly as you can so we can get the word spread quickly. 

• Funny 1