Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

odds for super container?

16 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

I read someplace the odds for getting a super container is about 1.5% if you pick a normal container choice but what are the odds if you pick TRY YOUR LUCK?  if anyone knows thanks

[WOLFG]
Members
13,418 posts
12,847 battles

I think from data collected from a lot of people, about double that of the other containers (3%).

• Cool 1

[WHARF]
Members
513 posts
20,011 battles
2 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I read someplace the odds for getting a super container is about 1.5% if you pick a normal container choice but what are the odds if you pick TRY YOUR LUCK?  if anyone knows thanks

HEY...so  i only do TRY YOUR LUCK....this year 14 super container so far...2020..23...2019...42...2018..38..2017..14.....opened 90 before i got a ship....wow blitz will tell you the odds of getting a ship...seen as low as  0.48% to a high of 1.58%...last couple of years got less super containers with less goodies....i avg opening 2 container a day

Edited by dadeoo

[BUOY]
Members
1,489 posts
17,520 battles

Normal odds are 1.5%, TYL isn't actually 3% but rather rolls 1.5% twice (or at least it used to).

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

I try to take one everyday, the first 2 are resource containers then a try ur luck,  i have gotten 2 recently but off of the resources containers nothing but 4 flags or 900 coal if i do try ur luck, the 900 coal isnt really a blooper im happy when i get it the flags not so much... thats why im wondering what the odds are because idk if it is worth the gamble.  lol

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles

I just cycle through the container types; though I pick fewer signals of late, since they basically just throw them at us now.

• Haha 1

[WOLFA]
Members
204 posts
27 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I try to take one everyday, the first 2 are resource containers then a try ur luck,  i have gotten 2 recently but off of the resources containers nothing but 4 flags or 900 coal if i do try ur luck, the 900 coal isnt really a blooper im happy when i get it the flags not so much... thats why im wondering what the odds are because idk if it is worth the gamble.  lol

I do the cheapest container (the first one 2000xp) as Super container, the more expensive ones as coal so I eventually WILL win a ship paid by coal.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,928 posts
31,870 battles
30 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

You figure that ~1/month your TYL container will yield a super-container, and your other containers will also yield ~1/month.  So you'll average a little less than 2 super-containers per month is you continue with 2x resource+1TYL.

Members
125 posts
21,139 battles

If TYL really is 3% then the RNG gods owe me a couple of supercontainers.  I haven't rolled a SC in a long time.

Got the guaranteed one from the daily reward thing though, which is nice.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,418 posts
12,847 battles

I hope I'm wrong, but WG could use that daily check in SC once a month to "normalize" drops from xp containers.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,928 posts
31,870 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but WG could use that daily check in SC once a month to "normalize" drops from xp containers.

If they did then players wouldn't go months without seeing a super-container.  If you get 3 containers a day, then in 30 days you would be guaranteed a super-container (if 1.5% for non-TYL containers.)

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles

Scored one yesterday for the first time in maybe a year, actually won a ship, unfortunately it was the Marblehead..... Ah well I can use the 10 point Captain in my Iowa.

I remember last year when the Covid pandemic was peaking and Wargaming gave everyone a week of premium time I scored about 4 Super Containers in a week. 

Edited by LunchCutter

[CO-OP]
Members
3,928 posts
31,870 battles
8 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Scored one yesterday for the first time in maybe a year, actually won a ship, unfortunately it was the Marblehead..... Ah well I can use the 10 point Captain in my Iowa.

I remember last year when the Covid pandemic was peaking and Wargaming gave everyone a week of premium time I scored about 4 Super Containers in a week. 

Was that from a random container drop, or from the Daily Rewards? 

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles
35 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Was that from a random container drop, or from the Daily Rewards? 

Random container👍

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,804 posts
24,966 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

If they did then players wouldn't go months without seeing a super-container.  If you get 3 containers a day, then in 30 days you would be guaranteed a super-container (if 1.5% for non-TYL containers.)

Which is pretty much how it works for me. I religiously get 3 resource containers a day and have been averaging 1 SC per month. I've had as many as 3 in one month but didn't see any for a couple of months.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,086 posts

Runs about one every 6 weeks.

I always without fail pick resource which really means just a dab of coal. The flags and whatever else have no value.

I am excluding the SC's dropped once a month for the log in. I'll be opening that one tomorrow.

Edited by xHeavy

Sign in to follow this