You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

So, how do you send an appeal ticket over a ticket?

14 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
15,646 posts
9,782 battles

Well, I got my first game chat ban ever which I found curious because I'm very careful about not insulting people, so I sent a ticket asking for the particulars about my ban, which nasty word got me banned... which should be standard procedure, else how do you learn?

My only suspicion is the use of a certain "R" word  directed at the map Two Brothers in Epicenter version for 3 vs 3 Brawls, it may not be a kosher word but I wasn't addressing someone but a game feature so I found intriguing someone was that much offended for its use as to report the event, or maybe it was another incident I'm not even aware of... in any case, my ticket received a template answer just quoting the rules on me but without the specifics of what caused my ban.

I am interested in knowing what got me banned. What's the next step? 

Edited by ArIskandir

Members
2,647 posts

Sounds right. I assured my teams I was NOT 'low IQ' but was doing a mission requirement. I was banned due to snowflake sailors here, I guess.

Edited by theLaalaa
NOT! I had to add the word NOT!!!! ....maybe I am....
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
15,646 posts
9,782 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The R word is a trigger word now days.

Yeah, some time ago got me an ear pull here at the Forum too but that's understandable, we have mods here and they have to do their job. I guess it carries more "punch" in english culture than in mine... it is kinda frown upon lately but not really a trigger one. For people of my generation it was very common to use. 

[PVE]
Members
8,728 posts
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yeah, some time ago got me an ear pull here at the Forum too but that's understandable, we have mods here and they have to do their job. I guess it carries more "punch" in english culture than in mine... it is kinda frown upon lately but not really a trigger one. For people of my generation it was very common to use. 

When used to describe something, it was a word in fairly common usage here in the US through mid-later 90's.  It was generally seen as not polite to use the word when directed at someone, though that was still fairly common too.  It wasn't until the early 2000's when many words went from not polite, to completely taboo.  Of course, that was not really about protecting people from rude comments that might offed some minority group, it was to empower the social justice movement.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for evolving as a society to be "better" people, its another thing altogether to empower groups that want to control society. 

More on topic, you raise an interesting point.  Different cultures/languages don't use words the same way, and that could cause some misunderstandings in chat.  The system should easily allow the offender to know what they did wrong if they request clarification.     

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,197 posts
28,855 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Well, I got my first game chat ban ever which I found curious because I'm very careful about not insulting people, so I sent a ticket asking for the particulars about my ban, which nasty word got me banned... which should be standard procedure, else how do you learn?

My only suspicion is the use of a certain "R" word  directed at the map Two Brothers in Epicenter version for 3 vs 3 Brawls, it may not be a kosher word but I wasn't addressing someone but a game feature so I found intriguing someone was that much offended for its use as to report the event, or maybe it was another incident I'm not even aware of... in any case, my ticket received a template answer just quoting the rules on me but without the specifics of what caused my ban.

Send a direct pm to one of the NA community managers and they will look into it and respond via pm  to let you know.

• Thanks 1

[LANCE]
Members
1,029 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

When used to describe something, it was a word in fairly common usage here in the US through mid-later 90's.  It was generally seen as not polite to use the word when directed at someone, though that was still fairly common too.  It wasn't until the early 2000's when many words went from not polite, to completely taboo.  Of course, that was not really about protecting people from rude comments that might offed some minority group, it was to empower the social justice movement.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for evolving as a society to be "better" people, its another thing altogether to empower groups that want to control society. 

More on topic, you raise an interesting point.  Different cultures/languages don't use words the same way, and that could cause some misunderstandings in chat.  The system should easily allow the offender to know what they did wrong if they request clarification.     

Even English speaking countries have differences. I grew up in England and in the US some words i say or are said here have totally different meanings or uses.

Members
980 posts
20,666 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

FWIW, it was very common to use in English speaking culture as well up until the last decade or so.

Edited by Telastyn

[EQRN]
Members
2,440 posts
24,641 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The R word is a trigger word now days.

Now that’s just retarded.

• Funny 5
  • Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
15,646 posts
9,782 battles
25 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Now that’s just retarded.

Well, you'll be OK as long as nobody reports you... That's what I was told.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,437 posts
20,525 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Well, you'll be OK as long as nobody reports you... That's what I was told.

Or, you could have used this excuse.

B-29_Aerial_mine.jpg

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Did you go to (in CS) "MY BANS" located in the upper right corner ?? Does it state to appeal ?