You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Prediction oin Subs in the game.

12 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,587 posts
41,948 battles

First Subs will get in to Ranked battle and screw up any fun most players were clinging to in this mode.

Subnuts will then cry because they cant impact the game more.

WR will buff subs (because why not, they really don't care any more, they need new addicts to fuel the bottom line cash bank).

The player base will have kittens and will complain about subs.

WG will then have the great Sub Rework!  This will make subs stupid simple to play so that a dumb monkey will be able to do BB damage and not even get spotted.

In the end we are going to have a low skilled arcade game that will not even look like a navel warfare game, it will look like Mario Kart with a few explosions.

WG will be happy because they would have milked every last cent form the players that helped start the game, and then will be able to suck the last cash from all the new noob players that could care less about the integrity of the game play.

So sad that gaming company's always seem to go for the fast buck and don't see the power creep and stupid ideas that slowly kill a good game.

Here is how you fix it:

Give the Sub and CV players there own %#@&>*! game.  Give the rest of the player base a button that says "Yes,I want to play with Sub and CV's", give those players that play in a match against those ship types an incentive, like extra credits or some other new currency that you can only get if you press the "Sub/CV" button.  This will make two things happen, players like me will go on pumping money into the game, hell I will even push the "Sub/CV" button from time to time just to get more of the currency.  Sub/CV drivers will get matches and everyone would be happy.

WG has to change course or we are going to see another exodus of players, and I cant tell exactly how many yet, but we have all seen a lot of forum post from a few pissed off players.

Edited by Turbotush
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,068 posts
22,310 battles
10 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Don't need to wait for that before this'll happen. It's been happening ever since they were first announced. Hell, look at this thread here for a blatant example.

[TWFT]
Members
1,587 posts
41,948 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Don't need to wait for that before this'll happen. It's been happening ever since they were first announced. Hell, look at this thread here for a blatant example.

That's it?  That's all you got?  No suggestions, or whys that it could help the situation?  Sad, would expect more from someone that has at least as much passion for the game as I do.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,068 posts
22,310 battles
2 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

That's it?  That's all you got?

Yep. After all the fruitless whining and doomsaying, that's all I've got.

3 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

No suggestions, or whys that it could help the situation?

Nope, because none are ever listened to.

3 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Sad, would expect more from someone that has at least as much passion for the game as I do.

I think you're overestimating the amount of 'passion' I have. WG has certainly gone out of their way to kill that which I once had.

Besides, nothing in your OP indicated you were interested in actual productive suggestions. Just venting, whining and doomsaying.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,217 battles
23 minutes ago, Lert said:

I think you're overestimating the amount of 'passion' I have. WG has certainly gone out of their way to kill that which I once had.

^This

[TWFT]
Members
1,587 posts
41,948 battles
47 minutes ago, Lert said:

Besides, nothing in your OP indicated you were interested in actual productive suggestions. Just venting, whining and doomsaying.

So you didn't read this?

2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Here is how you fix it:

Give the Sub and CV players there own %#@&>*! game.  Give the rest of the player base a button that says "Yes,I want to play with Sub and CV's", give those players that play in a match against those ship types an incentive, like extra credits or some other new currency that you can only get if you press the "Sub/CV" button.  This will make two things happen, players like me will go on pumping money into the game, hell I will even push the "Sub/CV" button from time to time just to get more of the currency.  Sub/CV drivers will get matches and everyone would be happy.

WG has to change course or we are going to see another exodus of players, and I cant tell exactly how many yet, but we have all seen a lot of forum post from a few pissed off players. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,068 posts
22,310 battles
Just now, Turbotush said:

So you didn't read this?

I did. I'm having a lot of problems finding in there where you show any interest whatsoever to hear about anyone else's opinion. All you're doing is using your own soapbox and demanding to be heard.

• Thanks 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,587 posts
41,948 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

I did. I'm having a lot of problems finding in there where you show any interest whatsoever to hear about anyone else's opinion. All you're doing is using your own soapbox and demanding to be heard.

So now I have to go back and find every players other suggestions to satisfy you?  You have nothing to offer but lip crap, you are part of the reason the game is slowly sliding down hill.  If you dont want to help, go play Minecrap or something.

I posted what I thought the problem was, I posted what might be a starting point for a solution, and all you have is smartass comebacks.  Got it.

• Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,068 posts
22,310 battles
15 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

So now I have to go back and find every players other suggestions to satisfy you?

First of all, no. All you'd have to do is if you want people's suggestions, is ask for them. It's not rocket surgery. You post a thread, I'm gonna respond to what's in that thread. If it's just soapbox-standing venting, like this thread, I'm gonna react accordingly. You want my opinion on the submarine implementation? Ask for it. You don't ask for it? Why should I believe you would be interested in it, otherwise? It's not rocket surgery.

Second, you can't be that upset with the submarine implementation, since you're spending all your time and energy arguing with me about my post.

I posted <my own opinion>, I posted <more of my opinion>, and all you have is -

Exactly the same thing as you posted. My opinion on your post.

Let me put it plain and simple.

I react to what's posted. You want my opinion on the submarine implementation?

ASK FOR THAT.

Instead, you chose to post this -

2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

First Subs will get in to Ranked battle and screw up any fun most players were clinging to in this mode.

Subnuts will then cry because they cant impact the game more.

WR will buff subs (because why not, they really don't care any more, they need new addicts to fuel the bottom line cash bank).

WG will then have the great Sub Rework!  This will make subs stupid simple to play so that a dumb monkey will be able to do BB damage and not even get spotted.

In the end we are going to have a low skilled arcade game that will not even look like a navel warfare game, it will look like Mario Kart with a few explosions.

WG will be happy because they would have milked every last cent form the players that helped start the game, and then will be able to suck the last cash from all the new noob players that could care less about the integrity of the game play.

So sad that gaming company's always seem to go for the fast buck and don't see the power creep and stupid ideas that slowly kill a good game.

Here is how you fix it:

No opening for discussion at all. No, just a stupid smartass rant about stupid wildly exaggerated 'predictions' followed by 'here's how to fix it' (again, not inviting discussion at all, just saying "this is the solution")

... and then you accuse me of -

smartass

posting?

Look in the mirror. If you can't take smartass comebacks, don't post stupid smartass rants. If you want constructive opinions -

ASK

FOR

THEM.

You want my opinion on submarine implementation? I don't like it, I think it's an affront to what submarines were and did, they're bordering on sci fi fantasy vehicles, and don't think it can be 'fixed' in a way that -

1. honors what submarines are about and what they were like, and
  2. be fair to submarine drivers, giving them an engaging gameplay loop, and
  3. be fair to other players

I've always been against submarine implementation. I still am. Your solution of "lol just segregate the playerbase" isn't a solution. It's opening up a slippery slope. You don't want to play with CV and subs when you're playing your surface ships? Well, I don't want to play with DDs when I'm playing my battleships. Or with CLs when I'm playing my DDs. Or with battleships when I'm playing my CLs.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
961 posts
6,230 battles

On PTS, this ranked was 100x time better than previous ranked versions. Subs turned the matches into crazy melee’s a lot of the time and it was epic even though I was running BB or DD. I am one of the few people excited for subs in ranked simply because I’m tired of the same old gameplay. Been playing this game for years and I welcome the change up. 

[TWFT]
Members
1,587 posts
41,948 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

First of all, no. All you'd have to do is if you want people's suggestions, is ask for them. It's not rocket surgery. You post a thread, I'm gonna respond to what's in that thread. If it's just soapbox-standing venting, like this thread, I'm gonna react accordingly. You want my opinion on the submarine implementation? Ask for it. You don't ask for it? Why should I believe you would be interested in it, otherwise? It's not rocket surgery.

Second, you can't be that upset with the submarine implementation, since you're spending all your time and energy arguing with me about my post.

Exactly the same thing as you posted. My opinion on your post.

Let me put it plain and simple.

I react to what's posted. You want my opinion on the submarine implementation?

ASK FOR THAT.

Instead, you chose to post this -

No opening for discussion at all. No, just a stupid smartass rant about stupid wildly exaggerated 'predictions' followed by 'here's how to fix it' (again, not inviting discussion at all, just saying "this is the solution")

... and then you accuse me of -

posting?

Look in the mirror. If you can't take smartass comebacks, don't post stupid smartass rants. If you want constructive opinions -

ASK

FOR

THEM.

You want my opinion on submarine implementation? I don't like it, I think it's an affront to what submarines were and did, they're bordering on sci fi fantasy vehicles, and don't think it can be 'fixed' in a way that -

1. honors what submarines are about and what they were like, and
  2. be fair to submarine drivers, giving them an engaging gameplay loop, and
  3. be fair to other players

I've always been against submarine implementation. I still am. Your solution of "lol just segregate the playerbase" isn't a solution. It's opening up a slippery slope. You don't want to play with CV and subs when you're playing your surface ships? Well, I don't want to play with DDs when I'm playing my battleships. Or with CLs when I'm playing my DDs. Or with battleships when I'm playing my CLs.

This is straw man [edited].  There is absolutely nothing in my post that say I did not want to hear and suggestions from others.  That just a coward not addressing what is being said. 

Is it a rant?  Yes!  Why is that such a bad thing?  Maybe if we worked together instead of being smartass butt heads we would get something done.

[WKY09]
Members
51 posts
10,956 battles
On 7/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Turbotush said:

No suggestions, or whys that it could help the situation?

wouldn't matter anyway