You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GRIMLOCK__

Two Months Ago I was Promised Airstrikes were going to kill off this game

27 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts

We must get a winner one day

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
22 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Like any new line release there is some drama. 

Right. Any new line is either going to kill the game as we know it, or is completely useless and not worth the pixels they're built with. At least, according to the forum.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,268 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Right. Any new line is either going to kill the game as we know it, or is completely useless and not worth the pixels they're built with. At least, according to the forum.

100% and almost without fail

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,428 posts
12,860 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Or both at the same time.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles
46 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Russian CVs are what's going to kill the game next:Smile_trollface:

And then subs

and then....

According to reddit this game should have died in 2017

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
1 hour ago, Anonymous50 said:

No one promised you airstrikes were going to ruin the game.  And here's the real point of my post.  All the negative feedback likely got the power of the airstrikes to where they are now, weak.  If left up to WG it probably would have been the next massive powercreep gimmick.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

All the negative feedback likely got the power of the airstrikes to where they are now, weak.  If left up to WG it probably would have been the next massive powercreep gimmick.

Mmhm. Right. Absolutely. For sure.

• Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,368 posts
31,325 battles
1 hour ago, Anonymous50 said:

how about promising you will never post again, then you might be able to keep that

• Meh 2

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,312 posts
6,951 battles

wows_ruined_for_sure.thumb.jpg.2cd2dcad4f2e7d8361b366fbfee43b67.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
62 posts
191 battles

Right? that finnish washed up soyboy aka "mr.rasha bad" from twitch must be feeling like an absolute clown
What blows my mind is that he actually had the face to upload a video complaining about how weak the current airstrikes are, after uploading a video overreacting to the Gouden Leeuw airstrike drop on that stationary Alaska while "predicting" how "airstrikes will kill the game".. shameless.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles

Wow, it's almost as if there were several balance patches to the airstrikes. 

If it has ruined something, it's the Dutch cruisers themselves. WG has done a WG and decided to balance the ships around the gimmicks instead of the other way around. 

• Cool 2

[V_V_V]
Members
1,180 posts
18,565 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Recommended reading.

Chicken_Little_Title.jpg

[KENT]
Members
423 posts
8,190 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

No one promised you airstrikes were going to ruin the game.

Oh really?

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/151920-o-dear-god-they-buffed-the-dutch-airstrike/

This is without going down the reddit rabbit hole BTW. This claim is about as laughable as each time the community flips the narrative to fit the script

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

All the negative feedback likely got the power of the airstrikes to where they are now, weak.  If left up to WG it probably would have been the next massive powercreep gimmick.

Man it must have been all that negative feedback that made devs neuter the airstrikes. Wait I thought they never listen to player feedback?

Don't worry. I'm sure the recent KM DD line was only good because of all the buffs they got during testing. Yeah let's go with that guys.

22 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

If it has ruined something, it's the Dutch cruisers themselves. WG has done a WG and decided to balance the ships around the gimmicks instead of the other way around. 

On the topic of gimmicks, if the Dutch had been released without any specific one, who wants to bet people would be mad at the line for being "too generic"?

31 minutes ago, FinalAP_Ride said:

Right? that finnish washed up soyboy aka "mr.rasha bad" from twitch must be feeling like an absolute clown
What blows my mind is that he actually had the face to upload a video complaining about how weak the current airstrikes are, after uploading a video overreacting to the Gouden Leeuw airstrike drop on that stationary Alaska while "predicting" how "airstrikes will kill the game".. shameless.

There was definitely a time when I respected him and his content because it actually helped people get better at the game. Guides about how to play certain ships properly and the game in general. I genuinely felt that he was helping new players understand how to play the game. I have nothing but praise for those old guides as they helped many people (including myself) become a better player.

That's gone now. It's been replaced with twitch highlights, twitter rants, and statshaming the people he once tried to coach. It's kind of sad to think about, but he dug that hole for himself.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
7,088 battles

The grown [edited]man who play this game have more drama related forum posts than the 12 year old's playing fortnight.

• Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
4 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Naaa all the DD players quit 4 years ago with US light cruiser split.

All the DD are a figment of your imagination's!

No body really quits because its the only game like it.

[TDRB]
Members
5,395 posts
13,743 battles
4 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

If the cause of death is new lines, changes to the mechanics, etc, it will be cumulative. Yes, one will be the last straw but the game has to be dying before the last straw can break it. 

It is possible for the game to die for one while be very much alive for another.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,092 posts

Let's see.

You load into a random with 12 dutch cruisers. ALL of which are airstrike capable.

You will probably might as well stay where you are. Its a good spot as any to be deleted. And people hate it when I show up in random.

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2020/01/23

Edited by xHeavy
  • Boring 2

[RBMK]
Members
2,339 posts
36,770 battles

The initial video looked pretty bad. A triple div could be quite formidable depending on the players but, that can be said for most ships.

I suspect the game cannot be any worse than it was those first two months after the CV rework but, I’ve learned not to underestimate the managers of the game and it is quite within their grasp and capability to introduce something completely absurd and game breaking.

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,496 battles

People like me who pointed out that the video was effectively the stars aligning to get those results were drowned out by the hysterical mob.

[YORHA]
Members
5,452 posts
10,752 battles

mq7yqy8.png

• Funny 1

[4_0_4]
Members
314 posts
1,926 battles
29 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

People like me who pointed out that the video was effectively the stars aligning to get those results were drowned out by the hysterical mob.

Firstly, I want to be clear, I was never one of the ones declaring the game over.

That said, to be fair, it was more than one video (the Alaska was just the most infamous) and WG DID significantly nerf the air strike on the T10, going from 3 simultaneous drops to 2, among other major changes.  I’d honestly like to give WG credit for listening when people had an issue, even though some of the reactions were overwrought.

One other caveat, due to the amount you currently have to spend to get it, we haven’t seen Johan de Witt in sufficient numbers to really get crazy with multiple airstrikes at the same time.  Haarlem and the T10 (I’m not gonna try to type the name from memory), the other ships with multiple drops, aren’t available at all.  So we may need to wait before we declare airstrikes a complete nothingburger.  But I agree that as of right now, they weren’t nearly the disaster some predicted.

• Thanks 1

[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
10,089 battles
On 7/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, Blorgh2017 said:

wows_ruined_for_sure.thumb.jpg.2cd2dcad4f2e7d8361b366fbfee43b67.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

i am going to borrow this