You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Kijkduin Airstrike Questions

6 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,977 posts
22,082 battles

Getting the Kijkduin is interesting. It brings up questions that I believe the WoWS developers have not explained in detail outside of the ST enviroment.

• To use the airstrike with the extended range via spotter aircraft, you have to launch spotter, then the airstrike. Because is you launch airstrike, then spotter, the airstrike range does not extend to the spotter range. Why can't that happen too?
  • Why can't get a top side view without going into a sniper mode using the airstrike? It's not like gunnery sighting.
  • The Kijkduin has a horizontal (X-axis) sighting area for the airstrike. Is there a key command to turn the airstrike to use the vertical (Y-axis)?
  • How come there is no clock timer letting you know when the airstrike is about to happen at the strike zone?
  • Why can't we just aim the RNG as you can with a manual secondary gunnery? Do we really need to know the airstrike zone? How come CVs DB's not done the same way?
  • What is the airstrike dispersion for the Kijkduin Airstrike?
  • Can the airstrike area be expanded or contracted? If so will the attack be lessen or stronger?
  • What are the triangle arrows mean in the strike zone? Why are they alternating? Is that a direction thing for the strike? Does this mean anything for greater chance of success with the airstrike?
  • How come there is not much information in WoWS Wikipedia for the Kijkduin https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kijkduin I know its early access, but I would like to see the ship numbers to understand how to play the ship.

What I found with the Kijkduin airstrikes:

• Don't depend on the airstrikes. It's a gimmick. It's more like torpedoes like an Atago. You have to be in the right place, at the right time to use them.
  • Don't bracket the target in the middle area of an airstrike. You will carwash the enemy more. Airstrikes will be just as useful as DFAA if done that way.
  • Do target the strike in the higher hit probability places in the target zone as shown below

What are you guys seeing with the Kijkduin airstrikes?

kijkduin midairstrike_20210724.jpg

kijkduin corner1 airstrike_20210724.jpg

kijkduin corner2 airstrike_20210724.jpg

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[WARGG]
Members
28 posts
6,558 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

but I would like to see the ship numbers to understand

Which stats in particular?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles

The Kijkduin has a horizontal (X-axis) sighting area for the airstrike. Is there a key command to turn the airstrike to use the vertical (Y-axis)?

Nope.

How come there is no clock timer letting you know when the airstrike is about to happen at the strike zone?

There is a time-to-drop timer that appears underneath the drop square upon 'firing':

0N4hssJ.jpg

Can the airstrike area be expanded or contracted?

99% sure it can't.

What are the triangle arrows mean in the strike zone? Why are they alternating? Is that a direction thing for the strike? Does this mean anything for greater chance of success with the airstrike

Those are just an indication of the direction the airplanes come from. It means or does nothing other than that.

Don't depend on the airstrikes. It's a gimmick. It's more like torpedoes like an Atago. You have to be in the right place, at the right time to use them.

... Did you buy in to the forum crying and expect an ocean-sweeping superweapon of overpoweredness? It's a chance for supplemental damage and a tool to flush out smoke and island campers.

Edited by Lert

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,977 posts
22,082 battles
1 hour ago, 12345678790 said:

Which stats in particular?

Well I will take any info. Mainly Sigma of the guns and airstrike if there are one.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

... Did you buy in to the forum crying and expect an ocean-sweeping superweapon of overpoweredness? It's a chance for supplemental damage and a tool to flush out smoke and island campers.

Is there forum crying on the Kijkduin Airstrike? I was not aware there was such a thread.

Overall, I was looking for a weapon that would be somewhat consistent like torpedoes. To me the Airstrike is like sparklers. Nice to look at but doesn't do much else. I would rather have torpedoes if I had the choice. BTW the Kijkduin is a nice ship to play, and performs well. I like the ships guns, and the ship turns good. It would be a ship to keep in my port.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles
2 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Is there forum crying on the Kijkduin Airstrike? I was not aware there was such a thread.

Airstrikes in general, not specifically Kijkduin's.

2 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Overall, I was looking for a weapon that would be somewhat consistent like torpedoes. To me the Airstrike is like sparklers. Nice to look at but doesn't do much else. I would rather have torpedoes if I had the choice.

Kijkduin is the first ship in the line with airstrike. Of course it's going to be the weakest implementation of airstrikes in the line.

But sparklers? No, it has its use. It's not an ocean sweeping superweapon of OP ness, but it has its use in taxing DCPs, supplementing damage, annoying island and smoke campers. Situational, of course. Weak? Arguably, but see above comment. They only get stronger as the tiers go up.

4 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

BTW the Kijkduin is a nice ship to play, and performs well. I like the ships guns, and the ship turns good. It would be a ship to keep in my port.

Agreed. Of course, to me the ship would be a keeper even if it was the crappiest ship in the game simply because she's Dutch, but I'm glad she's not bad to drive. Not great, but not terrible.

[WARGG]
Members
28 posts
6,558 battles

Mainly Sigma of the guns and airstrike if there are one.

Main battery sigma - 2.00

Couldn't find any sigma or similar parameter for the Airstrike I'm afraid.

Some stats:

Spoiler

Kijkduin — Airstrike

• Minimum range: 1.5km
  • Maximum range: 10km
  • Reload: 80s
  • Airplane HP: 1850
  • Maximum fly time: 15s

Bomb stats: (PuW 100kg AS HE)

• Alpha damage / damage: 5,100 / 900
  • Penetration: 32.3mm
  • Fire chance: 29%

WOWS has many fantastic community-run sites such as wowsft.com and gamemodels3d.com that I'd recommend you check out - where you can find detailed stats for all ships in the game (and much more).

• Thanks 2