You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Special carrier skins in the Armory possible?

3 comments in this topic

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,691 posts
8,564 battles

Was just going through the armoury and looked at the community tab, they have skins that you can get there, some of which came from missions or events and you can't really get them anymore. 

Was wondering if it's a possibility that we will see the special carrier camos there as well, you know the ones that change the planes and have things like animals on them? I don't think you can get them anymore, as far as I've seen anyway, I could be wrong. Don't know, would be pretty cool though in my opinion. Just saw the shoukaku one on an enemy CV the one with the bats.

What do you think, will we see them some day?

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
5 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Was just going through the armoury and looked at the community tab, they have skins that you can get there, some of which came from missions or events and you can't really get them anymore. 

Was wondering if it's a possibility that we will see the special carrier camos there as well, you know the ones that change the planes and have things like animals on them? I don't think you can get them anymore, as far as I've seen anyway, I could be wrong. Don't know, would be pretty cool though in my opinion. Just saw the shoukaku one on an enemy CV the one with the bats.

What do you think, will we see them some day?

I don't know whether or not we'll see those camouflages offered again, someday.

But, I do feel it is a lost marketing & revenue opportunity.
Though, keeping those camos exclusive to the events that introduced them also helps them hold their cachet and "cool" factor.

But, eventually, I figure player demographics will shift and people who have ships & camos from the beginning of the game will become scarce.
Assuming the game remains viable (just for the sake of discussion), people will become attracted to the next "shiny game" or reach the end of their life-spans or leave with a "I uninstalled WOWs because <insert reason here> " rant post on the forums.

It would be nice to have access to the "cool toys".  People are often willing to pay for them.  One would think a company would like to profit from that demand in a manner that is harmonious for all concerned, eh?

Members
352 posts
729 battles

I actually wish my planes looked like Gundams or some sort of mobile suits.