Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KidChemo

Fastest way to lock down a wallet? 1 human vs all bots

15 comments in this topic

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
58 posts
1,063 battles

Seriously, I thought they fixed this crap. No, it didn't end well. Every red bot was firing laser guided homing shells only at me despite other targets being closer. Then after I was dead, the bots fell into naturally stupidity mode where they can't even hit each other barely a ship length away. Match ended out of time, defeat naturally. Was at least 1/3 bots remaining on each side, but naturally I got the dumber ones.

When they just can't challenge themselves enough to see how fast they can lock someone's wallet down and kill any notion of spending a cent on the game anymore, this is how you do it. Someone else can cover down on what I'm not spending anymore. This was TOTAL [edited].

shot-21_07.24_05_35.04-0571.jpg.679f4d3bef01c5b25279859317182152.jpg

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,758 battles

I'm guessing that this was a co-op game.  If so, when you're the only human on an all-bot team you need to play a lot more conservatively.  Since the last patch bot accuracy has been extremely questionable (see this thread for more on this:  Co-op Ruined (PVE Thread) - PVE Content - World of Warships official forum.)

Also, once you are killed you should check the scoreboard and see if you are ahead.  The game was recently updated to calculate the winner by who is ahead at the time the last human leaves the battle.  If you're losing, you need to do some quick calculations and try to determine if the score is likely to change in your favor.  If it points are eventually going to put you ahead, you can wait for this to happen and get the victory.  If you are behind with little hope of getting ahead, don't waste your time and quit and take the loss.

• Cool 1

[5D3]
Members
1,483 posts

I like this 1 human versus all bots line up. Makes for fun and challenging Co-op games. 

48 minutes ago, KidChemo said:

Every red bot was firing laser guided homing shells only at me despite other targets being closer.

You might want to hold your fire and let the other bots shoot at each other for a few seconds before shooting them.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
1,863 posts
50,946 battles
1 hour ago, KidChemo said:

Seriously, I thought they fixed this crap. No, it didn't end well. Every red bot was firing laser guided homing shells only at me despite other targets being closer. Then after I was dead, the bots fell into naturally stupidity mode where they can't even hit each other barely a ship length away. Match ended out of time, defeat naturally. Was at least 1/3 bots remaining on each side, but naturally I got the dumber ones.

When they just can't challenge themselves enough to see how fast they can lock someone's wallet down and kill any notion of spending a cent on the game anymore, this is how you do it. Someone else can cover down on what I'm not spending anymore. This was TOTAL [edited].

shot-21_07.24_05_35.04-0571.jpg.679f4d3bef01c5b25279859317182152.jpg

Lucky... Them are the best games.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,628 battles

Ahh, yes. In co-op, we call those the best matches, as you can get over 1k base xp if you play your cards right.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
3 hours ago, cecill611 said:

Lucky... Them are the best games.

I'd slit someone's (digital) throat for a 1/8 game.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,758 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You could do this in a 2+7 game for the same result.

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I find that if you just hit the battle button as soon as the battle ends, rather than going back to port, you can get 1 vs 8 quite often, or at least 2 vs 7.

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
5 hours ago, KidChemo said:

Every red bot was firing laser guided homing shells only at me despite other targets being closer.

Hmm, my recent experience is that the bots can't hit sh*t. Most of their salvos miss badly.

However, I have experience being the bots favorite chew toy. When they are all shooting at me when there are many, much better, targets to choose from. If enough reds are shooting at you, some of those shells will land, If your team has a lot of bots, plan to play much more conservatively than you do in a normal  coop feeding frenzy. Use your green bots as meat shields.

I have grown to prefer having more green bots on team than humans.  It can be quite challenging when you get a 2/7 or 1/8 matchup. You just have to play smarter. And yes, your chance of a loss goes way up but, if you play smart and your bots aren't complete duds, your chance of pulling out a win is about the same as you would have in a typical random match. 

It gives you a real chance to shine. Unlike randoms where, if your whole team is potatoes (or the other team is all unicum), there is very little you can do to pull out the win.

Edited by Sabot_100

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
4 hours ago, SpudZero said:

I find that if you just hit the battle button as soon as the battle ends, rather than going back to port, you can get 1 vs 8 quite often, or at least 2 vs 7.

Does that no longer dump you in to a random battle?

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles
59 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Does that no longer dump you in to a random battle?

laughing.gif.68cbfaa49d30984692e692731dacfb32.gif

You're joking...... I hope.  ..   right? 

serious.gif.d23c2a2d1a2b6ab351f716134a9d6b04.gif

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
1 hour ago, SpudZero said:

laughing.gif.68cbfaa49d30984692e692731dacfb32.gif

You're joking...... I hope.  ..   right? 

serious.gif.d23c2a2d1a2b6ab351f716134a9d6b04.gif

Nope.  Did it once two years ago.  Never tried it since.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,758 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Nope.  Did it once two years ago.  Never tried it since.

I think they fixed that problem a while ago.  If you hit the "battle on" tab you should queue up in the same battle mode you were in.

[LWOP]
Members
40 posts
1,009 battles

Same situation, KC.... although it seems I fared a bit better: had the fortune of the blind-as-bats bots on the red team. Almost feel it was just handed to me.

When it's a turkey shoot and not a challenge, it feels like a sympathy match.

Only lost 2 Aobas and a Leander from my side (Notice the game is now World of Warship... ).

I can kinda see why the G Spee was taken from the Shop... or it was just blind damn luck. A lot.

LFA, Straight, 1 human Graf Spee and all bots 1.jpg

LFA, Straight, 1 human Graf Spee and all bots 2.jpg

LFA, Straight, 1 human Graf Spee and all bots 3.jpg

Sign in to follow this