You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lt_Wolvetica

Russian Carriers

15 comments in this topic

[OCB]
Members
5 posts
2,565 battles

USSR CV's are stupid broken

So, if you've been in a game with a Super tester on the enemy team, you probably encountered Nahkimov or one of the USSR CV's.
After having a few games with/against them, as a normal player, they're broken as [edited].

You might look at my stats and think I don't know jack, but that's ignoring the problem.

These damn Cv's can remove a stupid amount of Hit Points on a lot of ships. Their rockets can remove cruisers, bombs can severely hurt destroyers, cruisers and battleships, and the torps are something else entirely.

I'd rather leave this open to discussion but at least get WG to see that their idea for these russian carriers should be pushed back, retested, and nerfed to no tomorrow.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[HOLE]
Members
269 posts
2,368 battles
1 hour ago, Lt_Wolvetica said:

USSR CV's are stupid broken

So, if you've been in a game with a Super tester on the enemy team, you probably encountered Nahkimov or one of the USSR CV's.
After having a few games with/against them, as a normal player, they're broken as [edited].

You might look at my stats and think I don't know jack, but that's ignoring the problem.

These damn Cv's can remove a stupid amount of Hit Points on a lot of ships. Their rockets can remove cruisers, bombs can severely hurt destroyers, cruisers and battleships, and the torps are something else entirely.

I'd rather leave this open to discussion but at least get WG to see that their idea for these russian carriers should be pushed back, retested, and nerfed to no tomorrow.

If I am correct, Russian CV's don't have rocket's. They only have skip bombs and torpedo's. Its no surprise to hear again the claim that CV's are broken and OP. Any ship in this game can be thought to be OP if they are played correctly.  I believe a lot of this hatred comes from groups then individuals. Does it stink to take massive damage from any class of ships? Yes, but that is part of the game.

As to your comments on stats. This is a broken system that some people believe in. I personally could care less. Having them in PVP doesn't really make any sense and it does affect team play in battles. In other words it brings selfish game play. Competitive play seems to be the place for stat's. This is just my opinion. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,731 posts
18,519 battles

they launch copyrighted Tiny Tims rockets in addition to skip bombs and torpedoes.

yes they are broken... just like many other CV in game.

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles

All at once attack --- Check

Indestructible Stalinium armored Aircraft -- Check

'Manual' drop pattern density of torpedoes --- Check

Graf Zeppelin Secondaries  -- Check

Able to wipe out half the health off Tier 10 CVs and Battleships with one strike --- Check

---------------------

Why should anyone complain ???

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
44 posts
20,948 battles

They are OP for now just so people will try them, or is something else going on - only the developers will say.

Members
133 posts
2,089 battles

Waste of time since CVs are incredibly weak as a ship and better having another BB in the game instead. I was a CV main and just sold all my ships because of the terrible game experience that they have become in the game.

• Boring 1

Members
352 posts
726 battles

I usually win this argument with the simple question of.

If they are so damn broken why is their popularity the least out of all the class tiers?

Stats show most people who say they are broken or op are the same people who have less than 20 games at a CV where they literally done almost bottom tier damage. Also the same people who died to them because they weren't paying attention to the planes.

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles

You expecting something different comrade :Smile_teethhappy: 

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
348 posts

Comrades i was expecting this as my strike aircraft on the carrier .... ilyushin-il-2-f1a2f501-75b5-473c-bf9e-52

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,308 posts
On 7/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, AVR_Project said:

All at once attack --- Check

Indestructible Stalinium armored Aircraft -- Check

'Manual' drop pattern density of torpedoes --- Check

Graf Zeppelin Secondaries  -- Check

Able to wipe out half the health off Tier 10 CVs and Battleships with one strike --- Check

---------------------

Why should anyone complain ???

You have not looked at stats check.

Have not looked at speed of planes check

Have not looked at HP check.

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

You have not looked at stats check.

Have not looked at speed of planes check

Have not looked at HP check.

Look at the date of the post....   July ????

Statement was based on the little information available in early test.  And it was supposed to be funny.
Please grow a sense of humor.

Members
8 posts
7,611 battles

I just got slaughtered in my GK by one of these make believe pieces of crap good job Weegee couldn't even see the carrier just an endless stream of bloody planes my secondaries did nothing too as long as this sort of garbage keeps happening I won't even be getting premium Ive had a guts full of power creep and new OP Russian garbage!

• Haha 1

[AK-49]
Members
454 posts
10,537 battles

Well, so far I'm having fun with the TIV Komsomolets. 

As to being too overpowered, I was surprised I was able to take out a cruiser (3/4 health) with a salvo of my rockets.

[HITHG]
Members
121 posts
11,535 battles

I have only played against the Russian CVs.  If I understand the mess from WoWs, you must purchase the Russian CV with cash in "testing" phase.  The tokens only get you the camouflage and other peripherals.